Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Forgot about that question.

I have an idea. If I wanted to connect PFM and folder play:

In PFM when user wants to play a folder I create a .tofolderplay file (e.g. Play1.tofolderplay) containing the location of music or folder and pass it to system and system will deliver it to folder play.

In folder play if it doesn't have access to the folder or file I show error to user that he/she should give folder play access to the folder/file.

Sorry! since English isn't my first language, it was the only way I could write my idea.

Kodary

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
you need to tap on the file you want for about 1-2 seconds and a menu will appear. then choose unpack, i don't now if this feature is available in the free version as i have the paid one
HI again, I just purchased the full version of PFM, but I still don't see the "unpack" option after I tapped and holding on a zip file or an rar file, I'm using wp8.1 running on Lumia 1520. Just wondering what I did wrong, :)

Kodary

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Look better in popup menu and do not forget that you can unpack files only in local storages (SD Card, Phone memoy), not in cloud
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is the screen shots I took as my confusion lives on. Maybe the reason that caused this problem is because my system's language was set to Simplified Chinese? I asked some of my friends who also got the paid version and running Chinese on their phone, they also don't see the "unpack" option in the pop up menu after holding on to a zip/rar file.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 69451
View attachment 69450
This is the screen shots I took as my confusion lives on. Maybe the reason that caused this problem is because my system's language was set to Simplified Chinese? I asked some of my friends who also got the paid version and running Chinese on their phone, they also don't see the "unpack" option in the pop up menu after holding on to a zip/rar file.

This forum is for 'Pocket File Manager'. What you are using is 'Pocket Explorer' app. There is a separate forum for that app. Find that forum in the following link:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...-file-explorer-current-version-beta-10-a.html

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
In last update some things were broken. Like uploading to clouds from SD card and zipping on SD Card.
Fixed version posted to review and will be available soon.

Strazdas

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

I am really happy that I've found this app. I've already bought it and it works quite well, but I have one problem. When I start a FTP server and I connect with Filezilla to it on Windows 8.1 it works okay, but after some time the server stops responding or something, because the FTP client reports that it cannot reach the server anymore. I have set my phone (Lumia 520) to work under lock-screen (in PFM's settings) and Wi-Fi is on under lock-screen as well. What causes this problem? I would really appreciate your help.

Strazdas

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
FTP server stops responding after a few transfers of files. Like after 3-5 minutes. Then I need to restart the FTP server and connect with FileZilla again. I've tried other FTP clients as well - the problem is on the server's side.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello ray!
I was very busy last months (although I read all posts of this thread since that time) I didn't have chance to try 8.1 version.
However, I installed 8.1 and pfm today. I just want to say it's great! Thank you so much.

By the way, may I ask how did you solved that issue in folder play app? (background player didn't have access to files)? Just wondering.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello ray!

By the way, may I ask how did you solved that issue in folder play app? (background player didn't have access to files)? Just wondering.

Hi

Nothing super special. I was though that in 8.1 we can use same tech as in 8.0 to play music files by passing full path into background player. In 8.1 Microsoft updated a lot of things so you cannot access files directly as MUST use StorageFolder and StorageFile derived from Folder picker.
All I did is make exchange of StorageFolder between foreground UI and background service and passing now StorageFile (not just full path) into the music player.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can't you use old PFM APIs for moving files and folders inside SD card? I understand the limitations of new API, but if you can implement moving with old permissions that you had, it would be great.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't you use old PFM APIs for moving files and folders inside SD card? I understand the limitations of new API, but if you can implement moving with old permissions that you had, it would be great.

Nope. But I am still looking for better way to manage it and it seems that I found something that can help me to fix it.
Will give more information later

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Without reading 633 posts I wonder why the local folders are in ROOT directory? I feel it a bit confusing.

utu5a3uv.png

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
In last update I have managed to make actual MOVE operation within SD card.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Update is coming. Both 8.0 and 8.1 versions of PFM.

Updated support for box.com. Now uploading should work (after box.com recent API changes).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa