App idea, does this have potential?

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to develop an app for Windows Phone 8 but I'm not sure if I have good ideas (which is very important).
I want to create an app that simply displays today activities in a beautiful and elegant way. The app will combine facebook events, new tv shows, calendar appointments, new podcasts and more.
I will add the possibility to show your activities on the lockscreen and live tile.

The app will look somewhat like this (a quickly made mockup):
app.jpg

The user can ofcourse change the background image.
Would you use this? Do you think this could have potential?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the direction. Who determines what items will show up there? Is that something that will be selectable within the app itself or will it look at your downloaded apps and you choose what items to display? An app like this will need to be fast gathering information of course to be practical of course. Is this for the lock screen or a series of double wide tiles you can populate as needed? (which wouldn't be a bad way to go either.) Will this be launching the corresponding app or will the app contain the tools to say, play pod casts, show its calendar which pulls data from Outlook calendar, show/launch Hulu program etc?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro