Hi there
    Just want to announce the availability of the Official CycleStreets App for Windows Phone 8. The app is a routing/navigation app for cyclists that takes into account areas that cars can't travel such as pavements, pedestrian areas and canal paths etc. The app can find a route from A to B with any number of waypoints in between and lets you choose from a point on the map, your current location or by manually entering a place or postcode.
    Another CycleStreets app has been available on iOS and Android for some time but as a Windows Phone user, as usual I was left in the cold :) I contacted CycleStreets about doing an app for them using their API and they offered me the opportunity to make the app official, and here we are :) Additionally I've been able to submit the app for a challenge in the Nokia DVLUP program which is a bonus!
    The app only works in the UK at the moment. More countries are in the pipeline if funding becomes available. The app can be downloaded here. If you do download it and use it please give me feedback. I've got more features in the works like voice guided navigation and leisure routing but would love more suggestions
    05-21-2013 03:03 PM
    This app sounds interesting. I used to use my bike all the time and something like this could be very handy and encourage me to take it up properly again. Thanks!
    realworld666 likes this.
    07-28-2013 06:09 PM
    Good work Real World Devil (see what I did there???). Glad to hear a company was smart enough to take someone up on their offer regarding building WP apps.
    realworld666 likes this.
    07-28-2013 07:51 PM
    This app sounds interesting. I used to use my bike all the time and something like this could be very handy and encourage me to take it up properly again. Thanks!
    Cool. Let me know if you try it out. Would be great to get some constructive feedback and some positive reviews :)
    07-29-2013 03:51 AM