[Free] Aces of the Luftwaffe (top view shooter)

Lukas Akerlund

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellow WP users!
I just recently bought my very first Windows Phone 8 device(very first windows phone too), and found out wpcentral.

I'd like to introduce myself, and also, talk a little bit about Aces of the Luftwaffe.

My name is Lukas, I live in brazil, and I have bought a Nokia Lumia 520. So far I have no complaints and Windows phone is far superior than Microsoft's all-time rival.

Now about Aces of the Luftwaffe, this one is for the ones that like old school top view shooters!
As the name suggests, you're in control of a plane, and you gotta shoot and pick up medals and power-ups.
To move/shoot just move your finger around the screen. Also, when the game warns "Watch your 6", its not just for being fancy, there is really a enemy on your 6(behind). Pick up medals to progress in the game, open new campaigns and upgrade your plane. Also, kill planes marked as "POWER UP", as they'll drop a parachute with a power up. This can be two planes(squad) that follow you and shoot, upgrades to your gun or repair, and also upgrades to your squad gun and squad repair. As you kill enemies, you build up the gauge on the corner of the screen, and when it becomes a button, a party of allied planes come to assist and shoot the hell out of anything alive(enemy-wise).

The game offers a variety of missions, where, some can be plain shooting enemies, on some, you gotta target an special enemy to defend a spot, and so on. I think that further in the game you unlock even more types of missions.

Well, the game is free, so I thought it'd be cool to share! Here goes the link:
Aces of the Luftwaffe | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Warning: This game may not be avaliable depending on your region (it is not in Brazil for instance. You may have to change your region in the phone settings to United States).

Well, hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I'm doing!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new game to the attention of our members here on WPCentral. It looks interesting and fun. Good luck with your game, and please feel free to check out the other forums and interact with members here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon