Hi,

I'm new to Windows Phone development and my first app has just been published to the marketplace: H2 Stopwatch.
    Yes, it's another stopwatch app, but hey, I had to start somewhere (and I didn't like the available stopwatch apps anyway).

Before I add more features to the app and release new apps, I'm looking for people who want to try the app to make sure I've got it right.

Features:
    - It's free, no ads
    - Millisecond precision
    - Two stopwatch modes: one for tracking lap times and one for tracking finish times
    - Landscape mode with a large stopwatch display
    - Unlimited lap / finish times
    - Customize the look of the stopwatch using different themes and colors
    - Keep track of elapsed time even when the app is closed. Simply re-open the app to check elapsed time.
    - Send lap / finish times by e-mail
    - Prevent automatic screen lock
    - Show / Hide a reset warning
    - Show / Hide the interval time

You can find it here: H2 Stopwatch | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store
    Post your feedback in this thread or use the support option in the app.

Thank you to everyone who want to give it a try!
    Last edited by H2Bytes; 06-10-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    phing77 and rdubmu like this.
    06-02-2013 06:11 AM
    Man, I've been looking for one that doesn't lock the screen on me.
    06-02-2013 07:12 AM
    Hi Dev,

I like the app, but i'm not quite satisfied with the UI. Especially the background.
    I prefer the black background apps.
    Also don't like the box lines around the timer and laps.
    The features and options are cool, I'd be a happier user with a better UI.
    Great app for your first wp app.
    All the best. And welcome to WP community.
    06-02-2013 10:55 AM
    Agree, its a great app but in my opinion the interface doesn't appeal
    06-02-2013 11:29 AM
    Hi Dev,

I like the app, but i'm not quite satisfied with the UI. Especially the background.
    I prefer the black background apps.
    Also don't like the box lines around the timer and laps.
    The features and options are cool, I'd be a happier user with a better UI.
    Great app for your first wp app.
    All the best. And welcome to WP community.
    Hi, thank you for the feedback.
    If you want a clean UI, go to Settings => Theme and set Theme to Minimalistic.
    To get rid of the lines, set the Accent Color to black.

Is that what you are looking for?
    06-02-2013 11:37 AM
    Couple of comments from a fellow WP8 dev:

1. Nice looking app and very easy to use.
    2. On my HTC 8X the text color for the first Lap Time is blue (the phone's accent color). Makes it hard to read on any background.
    3. I would use FontFamily="Arial" or "Consolas" on the Lap Times. That will make the columns align vertically and eliminate the ragged right edge.
    4. I would use Arial or Consolas for all text and get rid of the 7-segment font/glyphs. Much easier to read at a glance.

I've only worked with WP8 so I don't know if Arial or Consolas are available on WP7. That might limit your FontFamily choices. The MSFT font designers broke a cardinal rule in font design when they used variable spacing on the digit glyphs in the default WP8 font. That prevents columns of numbers, like those in your Lap Times box, from aligning properly.
    H2Bytes likes this.
    06-02-2013 12:11 PM
    Couple of comments from a fellow WP8 dev:

1. Nice looking app and very easy to use.
    2. On my HTC 8X the text color for the first Lap Time is blue (the phone's accent color). Makes it hard to read on any background.
    3. I would use FontFamily="Arial" or "Consolas" on the Lap Times. That will make the columns align vertically and eliminate the ragged right edge.
    4. I would use Arial or Consolas for all text and get rid of the 7-segment font/glyphs. Much easier to read at a glance.

I've only worked with WP8 so I don't know if Arial or Consolas are available on WP7. That might limit your FontFamily choices. The MSFT font designers broke a cardinal rule in font design when they used variable spacing on the digit glyphs in the default WP8 font. That prevents columns of numbers, like those in your Lap Times box, from aligning properly.
    Thank you for this excellent feedback!.

I'm aware of issue 2, but haven't found a solution yet. SelectedItem always seems to use the phone's accent color.
    Thank you for the suggestions on the fonts. Alignment issues of the digits is the main reason why I created my own font for the stopwatch itself.

I will try to fix these issues in a next release.
    06-02-2013 12:57 PM
    I like it so far. I'm glad you gave the option of a minimalistic background because I just like the black background.
    06-02-2013 02:01 PM
    me! And keep up the good work!
    06-03-2013 09:04 AM
    I like it, one question, Automatic Lockscreen option does on disable the lockscreen or does off disable the lockscreen?

It would be perfect if you could incorporate a countdown time as well.
    06-03-2013 09:34 AM
    I like it, one question, Automatic Lockscreen option does on disable the lockscreen or does off disable the lockscreen?
    It would be perfect if you could incorporate a countdown time as well.
    Off will disable the auto-lockscreen (see also the in-app help).
    Keep in mind that this option will only prevent the automatic lockscreen if the stopwatch is running. If the stopwatch is not running, the auto-lockscreen is still enabled to preserve battery.

Thank you for the feedback and I'll see what I can do for a countdown timer. But next release(s) will focus on adding some additional features and fixes.
    pillswoj likes this.
    06-03-2013 09:55 AM
    Good job! Keep it that way :)
    06-03-2013 11:10 AM
    Have you ever thought about a simple compass app? One that would tell me when it's not calibrated and when it comes into calibration. I use the orientation capability in my app (mainly for azimuth, it's a tertiary feature) but can never seem to get quality data from it. The Nokia 920 is better than the HTC 8X because it has a magnetometer but it's still a little flaky.

I'd like to have a good calibration compass app to recommend to my users rather than put that functionality in my app.
    06-05-2013 11:41 PM
    I'm a strength coach and I'm always looking for timer apps that match up to Swing Timer pro on IOS. While not an interval app like the one I mentioned, its pretty solid.

What are the chances of getting a work and rest period timer you can change on the fly in future updates? That would make this the perfect combo app.
    06-06-2013 12:52 AM
    I got just new windows smart phone and I check this app. It is really nice and I like use. Thanks for sharing.
    06-06-2013 01:16 AM
    A new version has been published to the marketplace: version 1.1.0
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...b-a21a7306066f

Changes:
    - New: Show / Hide Status Bar setting
    - New: Remove Selected Lap / Finish time option (other laps will be recalculated as needed)
    - New: Set a stopwatch start time (click the stopwatch when it's not running)
    - Changed: Button size and layout
    - New: Option to switch buttons (e.g. for left handers)
    - Changed: Lap times font for better alignment
    - Changed: Lap times highlighting for readability
    - Changed: Transparent app icon and tile
    - Fixed: Selection of Stopwatch Mode
    - Fixed: other small tweaks and fixes

Thanks everyone for testing the app and giving feedback.
    Keep the feedback coming!
    06-10-2013 12:58 PM