[App] Fix red eye

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The only one red-eye remover what REALLY works!

1.jpg
2.png 3 (1).jpg

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...5-113c3e00466c

I decided to write this simple app because when I moved all my pictures from the old Lumia 900 to new 920, I found a few (very rare, actually!) pictures with "red eyes", and full absence working apps on the Store! (there are few apps pretended to remove red eyes but all of 'em are not working, at least on my pictures!)

This app is working 100%, try yourself! If something will not right, let me know here and I'll fix it ASAP!

Red eye removal procedure is easy:

● choose photo to edit;
● adjust yellow circle around the eye by drag & pinch gestures;
● press 'apply' button;
● repeat for the second eye;
● press 'save' button.

You may adjust effect intensity by slider.
Photos will be saved to 'Saved Pictures' or 'Camera Roll' albums, originals will remain unchanged (because of WP8 API limitations).

For the limited period of time application will remain free, so hurry up, share 'Fix red eye' app with friends!

May be, in future (if I found time for that) I'll add algorithm to automatically detect red eyes on the picture (but this one isn't simple!) and will ship $1.33 "plus" version.

True Magic

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Great app. If you add intelligence to detect red eye, remember to do it optionally. I've never seen any algorithm working really good.
Anyway, why is your app only for WP8? Is is using anything that requieres Apollo?

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Great app. If you add intelligence to detect red eye, remember to do it optionally. I've never seen any algorithm working really good.
Thanks! Yes, automated detection it's kinda tricky but I do have some ideas and already implemented C# algorithms (if you curious, you might check http://www.graphicon.ru/2007/proceedings/Papers/Paper_11.pdf ) But the real problem is my time for indie coding - I do have regular job from 10 till 7, family etc. :( I need a "time hacker" - to "hack" me extra 8 hours daily :)

Anyway, why is your app only for WP8? Is is using anything that requieres Apollo?
Oh, you know... You are right, there is nothing very special on WP8 about it (both implementations has the same stupid limitation - I can't overwrite files!). But I published WP8 version only because of few reasons:
- small but important differences in WP7 (7.1) & WP8 API's (I can't achieve all beauty of WP8 as an "addon" editor, for example, in WP7 7.1 API version)
- new local devs contest especially for WP8 apps (with chance to win new Nokia)
- and recently I sold my Lumia 900 on ebay :)

BTW, if app becomes popular, I'll think about WP7 version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234