[Upcoming APP] Kirik Search

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

This week (hopefully) the first version of Kirik Search will be available in the store. The app is aimed at giving a best possible effort towards

1. (Partial) Universal local search for windows phone

2. SD Card search based on file types (major target, blocked....read below)

3. All in one web search at one place (via webapps)

Note, due to the security constraints and limitations of Windows Phone, not all features you see in iOS or android will be available. Also, since Microsoft has not released Windows Phone 8 SDK for Win7, I am left stranded in task no 2. I do not have a WP8 device either, so that part is postponed indefinitely. The app is already submitted but is awaiting certification. It will come in two versions, Pro version will be paid with all features. An ad supported Lite version will serve as a preview and will only contain some features (music search will not be available). Pro will cost $1.99.

I am attaching screenshots below:

sshot1.png

sshot2.png

sshot3.png

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Make it work with Modern UI design principles man .. You could use a Virtual machine to run the SDK on Win 8 for testing and stuff. I think testing well on a emulator can eliminate most of the bugs, but final device testing can reveal some twists as it did with my apps (these lower end devices can be hard to tackle)

Good app though, it can be really useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel