[App] Digital Audio Book - audiobook player WP8

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
02 PlayerArt.png 01 Library.png 03 PlayerChapterList.png
05 SkyDrive.png 07 SleepTimer.png

Description:
Digital Audio Book simple and convenient player audiobooks. Remembers the current book, the last position in the book, that bookmarks, sleep timer.
When using a local server to download you decide how book will look in the player, if in chapter 18, there is a map of caves, just add this map image in the 18th chapter, if the second chapter begins verse, add them to the description of the chapter. Aggregate sound, image and text of literature together.

Features:
- Playing in the background
- Storing the current book
- Last position memory for each audio file
- Custom bookmarks
- Sleep Timer
- Loading of the book through SkyDrive, via podcast or a local server - separate utility https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
- Voice control of player, voice commands to continue playing, adding bookmarks, stop playing with the ability to complete the application (English (United States), русский only)
- Live Tiles, both for application and for books
- Quick track navigation
- Volume control

In trial mode:
- No ads
- Two downloaded books
- Two custom bookmarks on the book
- You can not change the time of the sleep timer (10 minutes by default)
- Application settings not available

HowTo: Download a book via SkyDrive
HowTo: Download the book using a local server
The latest version of the local server, absolutely free, always available on SkyDrive.
dowloadfromskydrive01_en.png

Digital Audio Book | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

QR.png

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.0.0.7 is certified in the market.
New features:
- SkyDrive Explorer is improved. Added thumbnails, thumbnails for folders, you can disable setting "request thumbnails for SkyDrive folders" (off by default). For images smaller than 512 Kb program are calculated and cached thumbnails, thumbnails for larger files is queried through API SkyDrive are not cached.
Fixed:
- With SkyDrive does not download files with long names are not in Latin.
- If you do "logout SkyDrive" and pages weekly, an error occurred.
- Select the folders or files to SkyDrive, go out from the page, then go to the downloads page, an error occurred.
- Minor bug fixes

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The project now contains a 6.7 thousand lines of code, and that's not counting the XAML markup and server application that all of this code was written without regard to WP7. Easier to rewrite than to refactor all into WP7. It is always easier to upgrade than downgrade. Perhaps in the future when I will implement all the ideas that are now being planned, but yet support WP7 is not planned. Sorry.

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The project now contains a 6.7 thousand lines of code, and that's not counting the XAML markup and server application that all of this code was written without regard to WP7. Easier to rewrite than to refactor all into WP7. It is always easier to upgrade than downgrade. Perhaps in the future when I will implement all the ideas that are now being planned, but yet support WP7 is not planned. Sorry.

No problem, I really should buy a new phone anyways. This is a great incentive :) Thanks for taking the time to make the app

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I will try it!

Adam, first congratulations on the purchase of your new phone, correct if I'm wrong:)
Me a mail error has come from you, on the error a few questions:
1. What is the Digital Audio Book version you have installed? Just I was sure that this type of error I corrected in version 1.0.0.7.
2. Can you describe the steps that lead to the error?

Thank you!

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Adam, first congratulations on the purchase of your new phone, correct if I'm wrong:)
Me a mail error has come from you, on the error a few questions:
1. What is the Digital Audio Book version you have installed? Just I was sure that this type of error I corrected in version 1.0.0.7.
2. Can you describe the steps that lead to the error?

Thank you!

You are not wrong :) I bought the Lumia 920, I really like it!

The error occurred when in SkyDrive I tried to download the last tracks of my current audiobook including the JPG cover. When I deselected the JPG there were no problem. I?m on 1.0.0.7

The app seems awesome this far other then that :)

Last edited:

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
OK so I have used to app for some time now and it is awesome. I havn?t come a across the problem mentioned above on any other books...

One problem though. When I have listened on a book and then paused it to listen to Spotify and then return to the book it has forgot its location and just gone back to 0:00 on the current track.

Also, I love the slider to scroll through the current file. Would it be possible to make it more precise? For example if you mark the slider and drag it downwards it becomes more precise as lower as you get? Do you know what I mean? :)

Thanks!

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this problem. When you turn on another play, the system replaces my process, and sends me off to the point that I'm trying to remember at this point position, but in the play queue already track the other player. Turns out the error, users do not see it, because it occurs behind the process, but I get messages about them in the developer dashboard.
I corrected this, I added the Save current position on every call to pause. So if you want to switch to another player or Watch youtube videos before this action is desirable for DAB pause.

Now about the slider position. As you know its accuracy depends on the length of the track, the longer the file, the less precision. But the offset occurs when the slider is released, but time display moves.
If you have other ideas how to implement slider is ready to listen.

Update will be available next week, barring anything unforeseen.

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Great news that you are on top of the issue.

OK I understand that the slider depends on how long the track is, logical :) But when I used Android back in the day I had an audio book player that when you marked the position and dragged it back and forth and the lower you dragged it the "slower" the sliding became, giving the affect of being more precise... Do you know what I mean? It works OK today but when I release the slider its skips somewhat

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll see what can be done with the current slider. But I do have one idea of how to improve the management of player in that direction. But I will do a bit later, after the next update.

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The new version has passed certification today
Version 1.0.1.1
New features:
- In the preview page, tab books, was injected with the list of chapters. Allows you to download only selected chapters/files is convenient when downloading podcasts and when there is not enough space on the device, when downloading with resources that you don't control, such as external RSS. There is possible to invert the order of the chapters is also useful when downloading podcasts, new releases, usually in fide are older than before. Added menu item "how much enough space", chooses the number of chapters on the basis of available free space on the device, starting from the first dedicated chapter.
Fixed:
- Refined management background of the player solves the problem stop playback when switching tracks when using a bluethooth headset.
- Fixed the animation.
- Not remember the latter position when start another player, even if the Digital Audio Book is in pause mode. Now remembering position occur each time pause. Attention!!! If you do not pause Digital Audio Book and start another player, in this case, the last location will not be saved.
- Getting the length of an audio file from SkyDrive.
- Minor bug fixes.
Interface:
- New interface settings page. Settings are separated into logical groups and placed on separate pages.

Video: (podcast in russian)

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for bringing updates often. I have installed the new update but the reset och file persists when opening Spotify (even when pausing), any ideas?

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
OK so I have tested a couple of scenarios. One with the game Harbor Master and the other with Spotify with the same end result.

Scenario:
I listen to to audiobook -> hit pause -> posh the "home button" -> start the game Harbor Master (with sound) -> close the game with "back button" -> hold the "back button" and then choose audiobook again and the current file is back to 0:00.

The strange thing is that if I choose to play the game with sound of, this doesnt happen...

Although, I just tested to close the audiobook player instead och leaving it in the background when doing the same ase above and it remembers the bookmark perfectly in this case :)

Dmitry Naboychenko

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes I confirm that application has a problem. The fact of the matter is that Spotify is not supported in my country so I tested it on the same service, and it probably works a little differently. I now bring the problem and corrected it.

p.s. Adam, please check your email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett