[APP] Easy Shopping updated

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Easy Shopping has been update with new functions: now you can
share the list between devices using email and skydrive, and
you can also add product with voice command!

1.png2.png3.png

Easy shopping allows you to create your shopping list in an easy and simple
way, and more importantly with Easy Shopping you can list your items in the
right order, and with the last update

To plan your shopping you will start from a table, split in various
categories, where you can find approximately 300 products. Adding more products
to the table is very easy, and there is no limitation to the products you can
add. Easy Shopping allows you to manage the order of products and find your
favorite store together with the products location inside the store (first there
are fruit, then vegetables, sausages …)

When you add products to the shopping list, they are automatically ordered in
your list accordingly to the way you find them in the store. Have you ever been
in the middle of your shopping and remembered you forgot a product that was at
right at the store’s entrance? It won’t happen again! You will not even need to
check and recheck the list to see if you took everything or if you forgot
something, Easy Shopping does it for you. You can create and update your list
easily, choosing the products by name or by category. In addition you can select
the right quantity and add notes. Of course you can also create multiple lists.

You can get Easy Shopping here,
or you can scan the QR code below:
4.png

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool stuff. Will try this for my next shopping trip

Hi, if you want, please give me your opinion\suggestion about the application.
I'm Italian, and here the app is very well rated, but I don't know if is good also for people living in other states

thank you
Luca

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This looks like just the ticket.

I just got a smart phone. Prior to that, I kept my shopping list in an Excel spreadsheet. When getting my list together, I would unhide all items (over 200 of them), hide the ones I didn't need, then print off the spreadsheet. I would check off the items as I bought them with a pencil.

The list doesn't work well on the smart phone, though, because checking off an item meant entering an X in the space next to it- click the cell, bring up the keypad, the enter an X. Too much hassle; I just want to check things off.

I tried OneNote and it worked, but I ended up leaving the entire list on there and just checking the boxes for stuff I needed, then unchecking them as I bought them. But with over 200 items, there was a lot of scroling. Didn't like that much either, and I'm not comfortable with OneNote in general. It seems pretty unstructured (by design).

So I'll try your app next and see if I like it.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Looking it over, it looks like it will be just the ticket. I think the way it would work for me is I will import the WHOLE list (my list, maybe not yours so much), and move them all into "Taken", then when I want to make up my list, move the stuff I want into "To Take" which is essentially the same as what I'm doing now with unhiding, then hiding in Excel.

llabd

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Luca,

I spent all day looking a shopping apps and yours is the best. I have been using Shopping List Manager for the Palm Pre, but moved to the Lumina 928. Although your list is through, would there be anyway I could import an CVS file to add my own list of items.

Thanks

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi llabd,
thank you.
No, unfortunately, there isn't a way to import a csv file.
But, if you want, you can give me your csv file and I can create myself the database, and I can send you it. after it you can place it in a particular folder of skydrive, and so you can restore it from the application. To do this, Can I use your list to improve the default english list?

thank you
Luca

llabd

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear Luca,

That is a very nice offer. There are 700+ items you may us the file as you wish. How do I send you the file?

Thank you.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This is the single worst feature of the app actually. I had a list of about 300 items. I altered the list by typing everything by hand. Some things overlapped with the default list, but everything else I had to type in. You really need to add a utility to add shopping list items from a csv, txt, xls, etc. file. A lot of people have existing shopping lists and it would be good to have a way to export them.

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the single worst feature of the app actually. I had a list of about 300 items. I altered the list by typing everything by hand. Some things overlapped with the default list, but everything else I had to type in. You really need to add a utility to add shopping list items from a csv, txt, xls, etc. file. A lot of people have existing shopping lists and it would be good to have a way to export them.

thank you for the suggestion, I think I will do this utility in the future

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
One other thing: When I check something off the list (in category mode), it resets the whole list back to the top and I have to scroll back down. There are lots of points in using the app when this happens. My expectation is, that if I'm in Dairy, and the item that happens to be at the top of the screen is Cheese, when I click on Milk halfway down the screen, Milk should disappear, but the list should still be at Dairy with Cheese still at the top of the screen. Instead, it goes back to the top of the list. Too much scrolling in the store.

Also, there's a spot where you can change the order of Categories, but when I pull up Categories in a list in the store, they are in alphabetical order. Also not good.

Don't get me wrong, it's a useful app and I plan to keep using it, but it doesn't behave in the way I would expect.

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
One other thing: When I check something off the list (in category mode), it resets the whole list back to the top and I have to scroll back down. There are lots of points in using the app when this happens. My expectation is, that if I'm in Dairy, and the item that happens to be at the top of the screen is Cheese, when I click on Milk halfway down the screen, Milk should disappear, but the list should still be at Dairy with Cheese still at the top of the screen. Instead, it goes back to the top of the list. Too much scrolling in the store

I see the first problem (it happens also in the "to take" mode), and I will correct it in the next days.

Also, there's a spot where you can change the order of Categories, but when I pull up Categories in a list in the store, they are in alphabetical order. Also not good

the order in the Categories mode is alphabetically. Usually you should use the "to take" mode that is the standard view: in this view the items are sorted using the categories order of the store that you can customize. The categories mode, can be useful if you are in a new store and you don't want to setup the categories orderd of that store (maybe because you are in Holiday and you enter that shop only once) so there it's easier to see the products grouped by categories sorted by name.

I don't know if you undesrtand me, because my english is not very good, if not i will retry to explain it

Don't get me wrong, it's a useful app and I plan to keep using it, but it doesn't behave in the way I would expect.

I use the application myself from about two years, so each suggestion can be very helpful also for me, so I can only say thanks!

Luca

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I shop by categories, using a single list in several stores. What I can't find in the first store I look for in the second, then the third. (The first store is a warehouse discount store, the second is a store that specializes in fresh and organic food, the third is a conventional grocery store). The categories grouped things together which I find helpful when shopping. I will try it in the To Take mode; maybe that will still work.

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I shop by categories, using a single list in several stores. What I can't find in the first store I look for in the second, then the third. (The first store is a warehouse discount store, the second is a store that specializes in fresh and organic food, the third is a conventional grocery store). The categories grouped things together which I find helpful when shopping. I will try it in the To Take mode; maybe that will still work.

the application is thought for using it in a single store. Anyway, let me know if it's good for you to use the to take mode!

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have submitted today the update with these improvements (it will be published in about a week, maybe before the weekend):
-You can now export and import the product list in Excel!
-You can select the Theme (light or dark)
-You can change the initial view and the sort of products in shopping list (check settings) (Doohickie it could be useful for you, you can set the initial view to Category and you can decide to sort the items by category name or by category position)

it is also solved the problem that when you tap on an item, the list will keep its position and don't scroll to top anymore

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a great app, I have used this several times and have it setup to match my store's and it's products. I hope when the updates come out it will not overwrite my products list and setups that I spent hours creating.
Also It would be nice to be able to change the headings from "to take" and "taken" to something other than that. I would like "add to cart" and "in cart" this is the standard in US.
By the way this is the best shopping list I ever used and is worth the purchase price, Thanks.

Last edited:

Luca7993

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a great app, I have used this several times and have it setup to match my store's and it's products. I hope when the updates come out it will not overwrite my products list and setups that I spent hours creating.
Also It would be nice to be able to change the headings from "to take" and "taken" to something other than that. I would like "add to cart" and "in cart" this is the standard in US.
By the way this is the best shopping list I ever used and is worth the purchase price, Thanks.

the product list won't be ovewritten! there will be the option to export your current product list and you can edit it in Excel.
I will update the headings in the next update!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon