Scoop'n - Download now in the U.S. for WP8

scoopnapp

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The biggest difference we see between Scoop'n and Foursquare is our demographics function. When users make a submission (likes, rsvps, scoop'ns), Scoop'n compiles that information and give users an age and gender breakdown of a location/venue. Like submissions are built over time and tell you historically what type of people like this place. Rsvp (a feature which foursquare lacks) submissions are for that day and tell you who is expected to show up to a location. Finally, Scoop'ns (Check-ins) are user who are currently at a location.

Also another great feature of the app is the my area page, which shows users the demographic breakdown of an area (this is based on the users signed up in that area). We think this function is necessary because sometimes you're in a city that you do not know much about and you can get a feel about it with this function. In addition to that, the app contains a trending feature which shows users what places are being liked, rsvped and scooped'n to the most for up to 12hours (editable under settings). Finally for Scoop'n there is no need to add friends because we feel that the power of this app is in using the entire Scoop'n Network.

With that said, we do contain similar features to Foursquare such as tips.

This is a cross-platform app and is available for Windows Phone, Android and iPhone!

Give the application at try when you have time! We just updated the Windows Phone version today. We would love to see a review by WPCentral!

Heres a link to our facebook page where we have photos for all the platforms: www.facebook.com/ScoopnApp

Hope you have a great day!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So have you had a chance to check out the app?
Curious on what you guys think about it.

It's not really the type of thing I'd like. I'm no longer interested in trendy places that appeal to young hipsters, since I'm too old for that.

I'm more interested in something like Foursquare, where I can get discounts on neighbourhood shops than finding the hot new club where all the 21 year olds hang out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon