06-18-2015 07:58 AM
99 1234
tools
    "Nokia 920" Now the sega cd works and everything i put the bios in but, when i try to download a game from the skydrive it logs out of the emulator and then the phone buzzes ?!?! Do you know why this is happening ?! the game is 455MB download "sonic CD" and i cant download it off the skydrive or any other way :P This only happens for sega cd's games :P
    Like I said somewhere above, I know m.k. had a lot of problems with his VBA8 emulator reliably downloading "large" ROMs from SkyDrive (and large for a GBA is only 32MB!). So getting a CD image onto a phone through SkyDrive is probably optimistic, especially given this app is still a work in progress. Also it may just be an issue with the SkyDrive API, if you can find some other way of downloading the image through Internet Explorer you may have more luck.

@Andre, did you have any thoughts about my idea for getting the ROMs on through USB? If the app could be modified so that it can access the phone's music/video files (pretty certain 3rd party apps can do this) then it may be possible to get the ROM loaded into the app that way. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. It may need the ROM to be renamed as some other file extension or possibly even put into a supported media container (e.g. avi), to be loaded onto the phone as a video over USB. Obviously this all requires quite a bit of effort and given that possible work-arounds using IE haven't been explored yet it shouldn't be a big priority yet in my opinion.
    07-21-2013 04:30 PM
    "Nokia 920" Now the sega cd works and everything i put the bios in but, when i try to download a game from the skydrive it logs out of the emulator and then the phone buzzes ?!?! Do you know why this is happening ?! the game is 455MB download "sonic CD" and i cant download it off the skydrive or any other way :P This only happens for sega cd's games :P
    My net at home is not fast enough for test this, I'll check when I get a faster connection. Haven't tested sega cd yet, it is just supported, download large files on wp8 is complicated a lot the OS os too limited to these kind of work( sometimes I feel like using a MP5 - sorry WP fans), at first I thought it would be impossible but now for those who have SD is possible(not on EmiGens yet) . what is the file format? have you tried download from the IE?
    07-21-2013 10:09 PM
    Hey, I was able to download the Snatchers iso onto the phone from Skydrive thru IE. The emulator recognizes the iso and tries to load it, but quickly just goes back to the list format.

I will say that I was a bit confused on where I should place the sega cd bios if anywhere.

I'm on a Lumia 928.

Thanks for all the hard work by the way!
    07-22-2013 08:47 AM
    Maybe it is missing the bios, get a working bios(can be tested runing like a game), rename it to bios_CD_U.bin
    check EmiGens Let It Be Productions
    07-22-2013 10:39 AM
    Maybe it is missing the bios, get a working bios(can be tested runing like a game), rename it to bios_CD_U.bin
    check EmiGens Let It Be Productions
    I downloaded the bios with the naming suggested with no luck, screenshot wp_ss_20130722_0001_zps80a87512.png

I have only tried with Snatchers, I will try with another soon.

Thanks again for the quick response.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130722_0001.png  
    07-22-2013 01:27 PM
    Both internal & SD storages working correct on demo. Didn`t tried Sega CD (has no BIOS). Anything new about EmiPSX? Week passed...
    07-23-2013 01:20 PM
    hi, I've tested segaCD support and it relly is not working . Downloading was only possible through IE(skydrive site) but the game didn't started, it loads but get blank screenm the integration on skydrive closes the emulator at random. I'll check and fix on the next update.
    07-23-2013 01:38 PM
    Anything new about EmiPSX? Week passed...
    I'll release the beta after get EmiGens 100% working.
    07-23-2013 01:40 PM
    Could you tell me what the dimensions the images assets need to be? I'd like to have a crack at my own take on the UI items and have you tell me what you think.
    07-24-2013 09:44 AM
    Could you tell me what the dimensions the images assets need to be? I'd like to have a crack at my own take on the UI items and have you tell me what you think.
    normally 256x256 for keys.

PS: version 1.05 is published on the store with support to delete and rename ROMS on context menu.
    07-24-2013 10:01 AM
    PS: version 1.05 is published on the store with support to delete and rename ROMS on context menu.
    I tried the update, deleting works fine. Renaming has a minor flaw in that if the game was already in the recent ROM list an entry remains for the previous name of the ROM as a dead link.

Also, I was very surprised when I tried Virtua Racing and found that it works which means you have included SVP emulation! But I'm intrigued why no 32x support? Given the choice I'd have picked the 32x over Sega CD.
    07-24-2013 12:45 PM
    How do i download to the IE?????
    07-24-2013 06:56 PM
    How do i download to the IE?????
    Just open IE on your phone then go to https://skydrive.live.com/ and log in to your account and then download from there.
    07-25-2013 11:55 AM
    lol whats is the IE and where can i find it on my phone "nokia lumia 920"
    07-25-2013 02:06 PM
    lol whats is the IE and where can i find it on my phone "nokia lumia 920"
    It's Internet Explorer (IE) and you can find it in the list view on your phone. It's just the normal internet browser for all windows phones.
    07-25-2013 02:19 PM
    1990's vs the cellphone
    soon when the emipsx comes out we have crush the 90's

4t4t4.jpg4t4t4.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	4t4t4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	38151
    07-25-2013 02:22 PM
    ok i think why the sage cd is not working is cus the game loads with out the bios and it should start with the bios at the same time. I just try a sage cd a game and the screen gone blank and i'm pretty sure the bios didn't load with it seeing how the bios work alone but not at the same time when trying to load a game
    07-25-2013 03:40 PM
    ok i think why the sage cd is not working is cus the game loads with out the bios and it should start with the bios at the same time. I just try a sage cd a game and the screen gone blank and i'm pretty sure the bios didn't load with it seeing how the bios work alone but not at the same time when trying to load a game
    Version 1.6 is at store: fixed sega CD and(maybe) Skydrive Integration.
    07-27-2013 08:28 AM
    ok the main game file loaded only when you load sage cd bios frist then the game can you play the game, but the second game file wont download its 3 kb and gives the game music. I am playing sonic cd
    with out the music the file wont show from the skydrive in emisage or wont dont download IE to emisage The games are playable only with out game music.......... "nokia lumia 920"
    07-27-2013 04:02 PM
    look ererer333.png
    07-28-2013 02:12 AM
    lol not bio game file
    07-28-2013 02:14 AM
    Hi ayameanime, sorry the delay, I'm too busy. I'll add the .cue extension support(haven't tested a bin/cue image yet) but you have to note that the cue is not the game image. until the update you can rename the image.cue to image.cue.zip on the pc and then rename it inside the emulator again to image.cue(it will not be visible anymore but will remain there). I cant say it will work(again haven't tested a bin/cue) but you can try. I'll test with iso/wav(the emulator does not support mp3) and bin/cue and fix on the next update.
    08-01-2013 04:05 PM
    Hi Andre,

Hoping you could answer my question about support for 32X games? I'm pretty surprised you included support for the Sega Virtua Processor (which was of course only used in a single cartridge, Virtua Racing) but not implemented the 32X. I would have thought support for the 32X would take precedence?
    08-01-2013 04:31 PM
    Hi Andre,

Hoping you could answer my question about support for 32X games? I'm pretty surprised you included support for the Sega Virtua Processor (which was of course only used in a single cartridge, Virtua Racing) but not implemented the 32X. I would have thought support for the 32X would take precedence?
    Hi, I can't develop the whole emulator and digged a lot to find the most complete and portable emulator code to use on my ports, EmiGens uses the code of Genesis Plus GX, that is based on Genesis Plus added Sega CD and SVP support by GX team. SVP Code was developed by Notaz. 32X is a lot of work, the SH processors are hard to emulate and even if code exists it would not run on a WP device(no JIT support) so it is not possible.
    08-01-2013 06:32 PM
    Any progress with EmiPSX? I think EmiGens looks good enough for now
    08-02-2013 10:58 AM
99 1234