06-18-2015 08:58 AM
99 1234
tools
    Any progress with EmiPSX? I think EmiGens looks good enough for now
    In my opinion Emigens needs a little more work on its UI:
    1. Options for larger buttons (especially X, Y and Z) would make control easier.
    2. The d-pad is better than other emulators but an option for a virtual joystick would be nice.
    3. Also there could be an option to map the camera shutter button to function as A, B or C. This would be great for games like sonic where you only need one button most of the time.
    4. Finally I'm not sure why the audio filter option is there, it doesn't save my settings, it just stays on "Low" no matter what set.
    08-04-2013 04:15 AM
    Hi, thanks the feedback:
    1 - I'll do it.
    2 - The only use I see is to not hide the game output, the control on genesis is digital, you press left to go left, don't matter how much you press. But I can do it on future.
    3 - Have to see how I can get the camera button press event...
    4 - Bug fixed on version 1.09. thanks the feedback.
    08-08-2013 01:24 AM
    Hi, thanks the feedback:
    1 - I'll do it.
    2 - The only use I see is to not hide the game output, the control on genesis is digital, you press left to go left, don't matter how much you press. But I can do it on future.
    3 - Have to see how I can get the camera button press event...
    4 - Bug fixed on version 1.09. thanks the feedback.
    If I recall correctly you said you were using Emigens as a base for EmiPSX (presumably the XAML side is very similar between the two). I expect people will be quick to demand full analogue controls on EmiPSX once it's released, so adding the joystick into both emulators at some point would make sense?
    08-08-2013 04:28 PM
    After you do emipsx , Do the first emiN64 there has never been a n64 yet for the cell phone!
    08-08-2013 08:34 PM
    After you do emipsx , Do the first emiN64 there has never been a n64 yet for the cell phone!
    Except for Mupen64 and SuperN64 for Android and N64ios for jailbroken iphones? Porting either an N64 or PSX emulator to WP8 is A LOT OF WORK, much more so than any other platform. You don't seem to grasp the challenges involved or that compatibility and performance are not guaranteed.
    08-09-2013 03:54 PM
    New Version is at Store!
    Added .cue extension support and confirmation after download from skydrive.
    Support to volume setting and virtual control configurable, please post your impressions(and any bug found).
    PS: big size x,y,z option on next update and new control skin.
    08-14-2013 10:38 AM
    New Version is at Store!
    Added .cue extension support and confirmation after download from skydrive.
    Support to volume setting and virtual control configurable, please post your impressions(and any bug found).
    PS: big size x,y,z option on next update and new control skin.
    Yeah, I've had a play around with the new control settings, it should definitely make portrait mode more comfortable. I did have a thought regarding the configuration screen for the position of the virtual controls. Would it be possible for you to display what would be the game screen's draw area in the background? This would make it easier for people to tell what parts of their game screen will be covered by a control without having to flip back and forth between the game and settings menu.

I also had a rather ambitious idea for a future control option. Light Gun simulation using the touchscreen. Yes, I'm aware of how complicated that could get and it would probably be only worth considering for EmiPSX, (even ePSXe only supports Guncon lightguns). IIRC on the Mega drive light guns work by firing an interrupt on the 68000, the ISR then reads the H and V registers from the VDP to figure out where the beam is. Is there something similar on the playstation? Obviously you've got more important stuff to do on EmiPSX right now but I'd like to know if it you think it would be practical since the PSX light gun game catalogue is particularly good.

Any progress with the camera button idea? It can definitely be done because SNES8X and VBA8 provide an option to map a shoulder button to it.
    08-14-2013 05:35 PM
    when i downloaded the cue file its not talking to the bin file so there is still no music in sonic cd! but when i load it on my laptop emulator....the emulator reads both files at the same time to get the game to work :P to play other games i need the emulator to read both files at the same time.. This is on the nokia 920...What your emulator is doing is only reading the bin file but not cue file when loading a game..when i load the cue file the screen goes blank and the emulator is not reading the bin file....
    08-14-2013 11:27 PM
    This is the fusion364 emulator for my Alienware laptop and when it loads a game it loads the cue file but dose not show the bin file to load the game even tho the bin is there ...The cue file is 4 mb and the bin file the main file is like 450 mb..your emulator needs to only load the the cue file for the game to work right, but still needs to read the bin.. so its loads the cue file first and then reads the bin file :D3r3r333.png
    08-14-2013 11:48 PM
    This is the fusion364 emulator for my Alienware laptop and when it loads a game it loads the cue file but dose not show the bin file to load the game even tho the bin is there ...The cue file is 4 mb and the bin file the main file is like 450 mb..your emulator needs to only load the the cue file for the game to work right, but still needs to read the bin.. so its loads the cue file first and then reads the bin file :DClick image for larger version. 

Name:	3r3r333.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	40097
    Yes, I know how it works, just assumed it was working. I dont have any bin/cue file to test.
    I'll convert my iso to check.
    08-16-2013 02:58 PM
    Hi,
    I am the developper of Genesis Plus GX (genplus-gx - An enhanced port of Genesis Plus on Gamecube/Wii - Google Project Hosting) of which this emulator is a port.
    The license of our sourcecode clearly specifies that:

1) sourcecode of modified work MUST be published so that anyone can benefit of it and recompile it fot its own needs, with NO restriction

2) usage of our sourcecode MUST NOT be used in any commercial activity, which include payware apps on mobile stores, "adware" or "free trial" versions

I registered here to ask you to respect our terms, which means pulling of the payware version of any stores and add a link to your modified sourcecode in the emulator description page.

Thank you for respecting our work, for which we never ask any money in return.
    08-18-2013 02:45 AM
    Oh **** its the cops?! runaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-18-2013 02:16 PM
    I am not a cop :-(
    Just a developper who spent some years working on an emulator and improved it constantly, without ever asking anything in return and now feels quite unmotivated and angry to see people doing a business of quick emulator ports on mobile apps markets, just because it was specifically made easily portable.

Those apps are basically 95% my code (and other people's) and the license is there for good reasons:

1) to try to prevent people from making money out of it because it is unfair for the people who originally wrote this code and never got or asked anything in return : when people starts disrespecting this and simply take the opportunity to make easy money out of it because they know emulators (and roms obviously) are popular, it's litteraly a spit in our faces and at least discourage me from working on this anymore.

2) to keep the sourcecode and its technical information value available to anyone, for modification, improvement or simply ports to future platforms, with respect to the initial goals of the project and its original authors: when people stops sharing or hides the sourcecode of their ports, it prevents others from doing the same in the future, it's also not giving back what was given to you in the first place
    Last edited by Eke; 08-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    08-18-2013 02:55 PM
    I'm neither a opportunist not making money with others work, if you want to know something about me go to my blog. I began developing ports when no one wanted to make to my SmartPhone(Symbian) and put then on store to support development (Smartphones are not free, neither for developers).
    08-18-2013 05:51 PM
    Updated as a free app on WP store by Eke request, I'll add a donation version later for those wanting support future development.
    08-19-2013 02:37 PM
    Updated as a free app on WP store by Eke request, I'll add a donation version later for those wanting support future development.
    Its disappeared from Russian market now... Why? Just want to check translation
    08-19-2013 03:43 PM
    Its disappeared from Russian market now... Why? Just want to check translation
    It is hidden on the market now waiting for certification as a free app, this week update delayed due to Eke's requests(lots of email talk on weekend), I've applied your translation but will post the update once I finish it. Maybe next week it'll be up to test, if you can sideload apps I can send you the unsigned xap to test.
    08-19-2013 04:05 PM
    go ahead and send me the Emipsx to test!
    08-19-2013 08:43 PM
    What's going to happen regarding Eke's request for the app's source code to be published?
    08-20-2013 01:08 PM
    EmiGens is back at store as a free app. Thanks to all that supported this project so far.

What's going to happen regarding Eke's request for the app's source code to be published?
    I'm not doing it now, have a lot of things to do before publish the source ( merge with symbian version, remove usused code, cleanup everyting), emigens currently is a work in progress, I've not finished it before publish on Store, like I said on the first post. The Genesis Plus GX source is nearly untouched( just included a function to load roms from memory), the rest is my platform code on C++ and C. If someone request I can send a copy of source code. If Eke request I can remove from the store and not release any source, don't know why Eke came trowing stones at me but I suspect someone interested in copy my work mailed him. So while I've not cleaned the code I'll not release to the public, just for who requests.
    08-20-2013 01:28 PM
    EmiGens is back at store as a free app. Thanks to all that supported this project so far.

I'm not doing it now, have a lot of things to do before publish the source ( merge with symbian version, remove usused code, cleanup everyting), emigens currently is a work in progress, I've not finished it before publish on Store, like I said on the first post. The Genesis Plus GX source is nearly untouched( just included a function to load roms from memory), the rest is my platform code on C++ and C. If someone request I can send a copy of source code. If Eke request I can remove from the store and not release any source, don't know why Eke came trowing stones at me but I suspect someone interested in copy my work mailed him. So while I've not cleaned the code I'll not release to the public, just for who requests.
    Still waiting for version with the translations, hope I`m not the only one who agreed to make translation for his language. But please, make the priority to EmiPSX for now.
    08-20-2013 03:07 PM

Nobody mailed me anything, the only reason I came to you is that the code you are using is released under a specific license written and chosen by its original authors, and that by not respecting it, you were direspecting our work as original authors, plain and simple.
    That is what open source licenses are for and what people do not realize is that ignoring or denigrating them will simply discourage open-source devs to continue their work, which will harm everybody in the end.

I already explained the reason why it is asked that the sourcecode of modified ports should be made publically available: it permits people to indeed copy your work and use it as they want (however still under the license terms) but also to learn from it and eventually improve it, which at the end benefits to users and to future ports. Think about it, if the original Genesis Plus author had never released its code in public, I would not have been able to add all these features and compatibilty improvement to my GX port, and similarely, if I had kept my own additional code private (for whatever legit reason I thought I had), devs like you would not have been able to port it and end users from this forum would not be playing Sega CD games right now on their smartphone...

I understand the feeling of wanting to keep control on his own code and not wanting to share it for various personal reasons, but it's really only giving back what was given to you in the first place. It is ok that you want to clean up the code before releasing it, though, just keep in mind that you are not going to work on this forever and that someday someone might want to do his own port or take inspiration out of it but would not be able to get access to the sourcecode because it is lost or you are not reachable / do not care anymore. That's why it does not matter the state of the code, if it is able to compile into a published binary, it means it is good enough to be publically shared, so that it continues to benefits to anyone like the original project did.
    08-20-2013 07:13 PM
    lol i paid for emigens and now its free "P Well whatever, hey look i found a bug! When i save a state and try to load one the screen goes blank and i have to reload the game for the save state to work. This didn't happen be4..... Oh and yes lets get that emipsx on table..I'll pay 7 dollars for it "D
    08-21-2013 03:31 PM
    New update is on the store, with translation to portuguese(me) and russian by Roman.
    08-28-2013 10:01 AM
    New update is on the store, with translation to portuguese(me) and russian by Roman.
    Thanks. Here is the translation bugs I found:
    wp_ss_20130829_0001-1-.png
    Controls tab, text is cutted off
    You can change "Прозрачность виртуальных кнопок" to "Прозрачность кнопок"
    "Настроить портретные виртуальные кнопки" to "Портретная ориентация"
    "Настроить ландшафтные виртуальные кнопки" to "Ландшафтная ориентация"
    wp_ss_20130829_0002-1-.png
    FAQ tab, text is cutted of after answer 6 and Roms tab must be "Образы"

Everything else is fine. Good idea with pricing.
    08-28-2013 02:47 PM
99 1234