[App] EmiGens emulator.

ayameanime

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok great update everything works but now the Internal dont work !"D I am using nokia lumia 920 but everything else works great ...now get the internal to work!
When trying to use the internal it now says " Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length"

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Logs into Skydrive, where I can select yes, that I want to give permission to access Skydrive, attempts to show a folder list, and then crashes, so there isn't ever any ROM being loaded. It's a Lumia 920, but since it never loads a game in the first place that doesn't seem too relevant.

Well, assuming it's still crashing in v1.02 I found that my Skydrive problems were caused by unsupported files in the same folder. So have a go at rearranging your skydrive, try moving all files out of the skydrive root into separate folders. Then try putting a single small ROM in a folder by itself, e.g. Sonic 1 is only 512kB and works fine on my 8X. Failing that you can try zipping the ROM on a PC and emailing it to your phone.

Andre, thanks a lot for the update the controls are working fine now. Hoping you get time to add the ability to delete ROMs soon. What's your gut feeling for the threaded interpreter? Do you think it will provide a sufficient performance increase or is it still too early to tell?

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok great update everything works but now the Internal dont work !"D I am using nokia lumia 920 but everything else works great ...now get the internal to work!
When trying to use the internal it now says " Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length"

Wtf!!! you have downloaded the problematic file to your phone!!!! just kidding. The problem is with files without extension or with little extensions like (.d, .md). - I forgot to fix on Internal code- you can solve for while uninstalling and reinstalling and avoiding dowload these files until the next update(rename or zip then, zip will save space).

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
@EdSherriff
I believe that a threaded interpreter can reach full speed on some games and make some 3D light games playable, the WP8 hardware is Powerfull enough to this, just not so fast to run simple interpreter( Symbian devices get full speed on some 2D games due to little pipeline on ARM 11 and 1.3GHZ but ARM11 are too weak to run 3D games).

ayameanime

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
"Nokia 920" Now the sega cd works and everything i put the bios in but, when i try to download a game from the skydrive it logs out of the emulator and then the phone buzzes ?!?! Do you know why this is happening ?! the game is 455MB download "sonic CD" and i cant download it off the skydrive or any other way :p This only happens for sega cd's games :p

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
"Nokia 920" Now the sega cd works and everything i put the bios in but, when i try to download a game from the skydrive it logs out of the emulator and then the phone buzzes ?!?! Do you know why this is happening ?! the game is 455MB download "sonic CD" and i cant download it off the skydrive or any other way :p This only happens for sega cd's games :p

Like I said somewhere above, I know m.k. had a lot of problems with his VBA8 emulator reliably downloading "large" ROMs from SkyDrive (and large for a GBA is only 32MB!). So getting a CD image onto a phone through SkyDrive is probably optimistic, especially given this app is still a work in progress. Also it may just be an issue with the SkyDrive API, if you can find some other way of downloading the image through Internet Explorer you may have more luck.

@Andre, did you have any thoughts about my idea for getting the ROMs on through USB? If the app could be modified so that it can access the phone's music/video files (pretty certain 3rd party apps can do this) then it may be possible to get the ROM loaded into the app that way. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. It may need the ROM to be renamed as some other file extension or possibly even put into a supported media container (e.g. avi), to be loaded onto the phone as a video over USB. Obviously this all requires quite a bit of effort and given that possible work-arounds using IE haven't been explored yet it shouldn't be a big priority yet in my opinion.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My net at home is not fast enough for test this, I'll check when I get a faster connection. Haven't tested sega cd yet, it is just supported, download large files on wp8 is complicated a lot the OS os too limited to these kind of work( sometimes I feel like using a MP5 - sorry WP fans), at first I thought it would be impossible but now for those who have SD is possible(not on EmiGens yet) . what is the file format? have you tried download from the IE?

fictionalnape

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I was able to download the Snatchers iso onto the phone from Skydrive thru IE. The emulator recognizes the iso and tries to load it, but quickly just goes back to the list format.

I will say that I was a bit confused on where I should place the sega cd bios if anywhere.

I'm on a Lumia 928.

Thanks for all the hard work by the way!

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hi, I've tested segaCD support and it relly is not working :unhappysweat:. Downloading was only possible through IE(skydrive site) but the game didn't started, it loads but get blank screenm the integration on skydrive closes the emulator at random. I'll check and fix on the next update.

fictionalnape

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you tell me what the dimensions the images assets need to be? I'd like to have a crack at my own take on the UI items and have you tell me what you think.

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
PS: version 1.05 is published on the store with support to delete and rename ROMS on context menu.

I tried the update, deleting works fine. Renaming has a minor flaw in that if the game was already in the recent ROM list an entry remains for the previous name of the ROM as a dead link.

Also, I was very surprised when I tried Virtua Racing and found that it works which means you have included SVP emulation! But I'm intrigued why no 32x support? Given the choice I'd have picked the 32x over Sega CD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo