Remember all the features you wished your default music player would have? Well, now they are here on Overture Music Player.
    You can search through your music, make and save custom playlists, tap and hold anything too see the full song title (or album title or artist name), consolidate albums with the same name (no more will there be 10 copies of the same album name with different artists). You can easily navigate through your albums and artists and genres as they are all linked.
    Overture Music Player | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

also, if you have any suggestions or ideas, i will be more than happy to implement them into a later version of the app
    07-20-2013 06:26 PM
    Just downloaded and bought it. Pretty nice, and I get why you did the playlist thing. Sucks it has to work that way.

Anyhow, here's my 2 feedback points, both design wise.

Remove the color from the ... at the bottom. Make the color just clear.

On the Song Queue box remove the background again, and space the songs slightly closer. Otherwise, pretty good start. Enjoy the 70 cents;)
    07-20-2013 06:57 PM
    hey, thanks for the feedback (and dollar :D)! i'll keep it mind for the next update.
    07-20-2013 07:21 PM
    Does this app recognize Volume Gain tags, and adjust volume? I've been waiting for an app that does this since my Treo.
    07-20-2013 08:28 PM
    sadly, it does not currently do that. the volume gain tags can not be accessed through the song normally. as soon as I can solve this issue, I will put it in
    07-20-2013 09:19 PM
    Gapless playback? Something I've sorely missed since moving to Windows Phone! Or is that something that is dependant on the OS? Thanks!
    Carkid367 likes this.
    07-20-2013 11:22 PM
    Not a fan of the UI :(
    07-21-2013 01:40 AM
    I'm fixing to buy this app. The fact that you can be contacted on this forum is also relieving. Thank you.

Edit: Well this is awkward, it crashes while loading on my 928 everytime.
    07-21-2013 01:50 AM
    @peteriusa, yes the songs do play one after another and will sound like it as long as your songs dont have silence in the begining or end of it.
    @jaybotics, darn :(
    @Dk92, do you happen to have any songs that start with a non-english character? it might crash the app while its trying to sort it alphabetically
    Carkid367 likes this.
    07-21-2013 10:25 AM
    @peteriusa, yes the songs do play one after another and will sound like it as long as your songs dont have silence in the begining or end of it.
    @jaybotics, darn :(
    @Dk92, do you happen to have any songs that start with a non-english character? it might crash the app while its trying to sort it alphabetically
    Ah, I actually do. I'll sort that out and then get back to you.
    07-21-2013 12:20 PM
    It's still crashing exactly after displaying "Resuming". I deleted the few tracks that had beginning letters that weren't English.
    07-21-2013 09:46 PM
    hm... that's a really odd problem. try changing everything with a nonenglish character. hopefully that will work, and i will work on supporting different languages
    07-22-2013 09:33 AM
    Would you be able to make the album artwork dominate the screen? Like on iOS? I really love that style, btw I like the search bar, but would you be able to just have it as a charm instead?
    07-22-2013 09:38 AM
    mm yes that is very classy. and by charm do you mean its normally hidden and will pop up?
    the reason i have the searchbar always there is just for when you wanna quickly search something without wait.
    07-23-2013 02:28 PM
    i found your program while i tryin to find music player apps that can create playlist.
    i wonder if you app can move up and down musics or the way to sort them in play list ?
    and any animated live tile build-in ?
    08-22-2013 11:56 PM
    Any future plans to add more formats? 95% of my music collection is in flac format. I do like the layout though.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2013 06:47 AM
    Double post.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2013 06:48 AM
    hey
    @dream master yes, that is next on the list for improvements (the move up and down), animated tile will be nice if i have enough time to make it
    @shayne not currently. it can only support what the os can natively do sadly :(.
    08-27-2013 09:53 AM
    Can you make it so when we want to forward our song, let's say a minute, we have a dot and we move it instead of holding the skip button? Because Xbox Music doesn't have that yet, but I would love for it to have it.
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 09-10-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    09-09-2013 09:49 AM
    Have you considered adding a trial to your app? (either ad based or time limited), making your app as accessible as possible may turn on into some sales (and testing gapless audio it's a real killer!).
    09-10-2013 09:06 PM
    Have you considered adding a trial to your app? (either ad based or time limited), making your app as accessible as possible may turn on into some sales (and testing gapless audio it's a real killer!).
    Another request for a trial. A 3 day trial should be good enough trying the app. Reason is that I've already bought countless music related apps.
    10-18-2013 10:07 PM
    Hi Clark,

First off, thanks for making a music player for WP8 - I've always been dissatisfied with the built-in one, and it's great to see development happening on alternatives - it was well worth a buck to see what's available, no buyer's remorse here.

However (there had to be a "however," right?) - am I missing something, or is there no way to listen to an album in its original sequence? (When I open an album, it lists the tracks alphabetically, not in their original sequence). And if that's the case, what does "gapless" actually mean? If I can't listen to two sequential tracks from a gapless album sequentially, then the transition between them doesn't exist, so it literally *can't* be gapless or non-gapless.

By luck, the album that I was just listening to - _In the Aeroplane Over the Sea_ by Neutral Milk Hotel - has two tracks that are alphabetical AND sequential - "King of Carrot Flowers Part 1" and "King of Carrot Flowers Part 2." And there was absolutely a gap between them :-(

Is it only particular formats that can be played back gapless? And more importantly, is there a way to listen to an album in the correct sequence? (Because if there's not, then "gaplessness" is irrelevant, no?)

Thanks,
    bobg
    02-17-2014 07:59 AM
    Hi Clark,

First off, thanks for making a music player for WP8 - I've always been dissatisfied with the built-in one, and it's great to see development happening on alternatives - it was well worth a buck to see what's available, no buyer's remorse here.

However (there had to be a "however," right?) - am I missing something, or is there no way to listen to an album in its original sequence? (When I open an album, it lists the tracks alphabetically, not in their original sequence). And if that's the case, what does "gapless" actually mean? If I can't listen to two sequential tracks from a gapless album sequentially, then the transition between them doesn't exist, so it literally *can't* be gapless or non-gapless.

By luck, the album that I was just listening to - _In the Aeroplane Over the Sea_ by Neutral Milk Hotel - has two tracks that are alphabetical AND sequential - "King of Carrot Flowers Part 1" and "King of Carrot Flowers Part 2." And there was absolutely a gap between them :-(

Is it only particular formats that can be played back gapless? And more importantly, is there a way to listen to an album in the correct sequence? (Because if there's not, then "gaplessness" is irrelevant, no?)

Thanks,
    bobg
    It seems like the dev isn't further developping this app anymore. Store says last update was 7/30/2013, more than half a year ago.

I always check that b4 buying an app...
    02-17-2014 12:02 PM
    Add a trial version please

Sent from my MIND
    02-17-2014 02:06 PM