Hello All,

For the last several months, we have been working on a Steam app for Windows Phone. We are preparing for submission to the Windows Phone Marketplace, hopefully this weekend.

The app will allow you to chat to your friends, Add, Remove and Block Friends with a great user interface. Push notifications and Live tiles will also be included.

We are currently working on profile management and steam news to be included in the app, but getting that chat interface up to the steam community's standard is a priority. Follow https://twitter.com/SteamChatWP8 on Twitter to get notified of progress and promotional gifts on launch.

Visit Suresoft Solutions : Andrew Pearce an Indie Developer for a screenshot of the user interface.
    08-02-2013 09:36 AM
    I look forward to trying this app out!
    08-02-2013 09:40 AM
    Looks really good. Can't wait.
    08-02-2013 10:07 AM
    If you post a Beta I can test it on my Lumia 620.
    08-02-2013 10:56 AM
    Steam Chat will be released today. Please allow up to 24 hours to appear in your country's marketplace.
    08-10-2013 04:31 AM
    Cool, I'll be on the lookout.
    08-10-2013 04:41 AM
    Hello All,

For the last several months, we have been working on a Steam app for Windows Phone. We are preparing for submission to the Windows Phone Marketplace, hopefully this weekend.

The app will allow you to chat to your friends, Add, Remove and Block Friends with a great user interface. Push notifications and Live tiles will also be included.

We are currently working on profile management and steam news to be included in the app, but getting that chat interface up to the steam community's standard is a priority. Follow https://twitter.com/SteamChatWP8 on Twitter to get notified of progress and promotional gifts on launch.

Visit Suresoft Solutions : Andrew Pearce an Indie Developer for a screenshot of the user interface.
    how is it better than whatsapp?
    08-10-2013 05:00 AM
    Steam Chat is now available to download via the Windows Phone Marketplace. Also remeber to follow us on Twitter. https://twitter.com/SteamChatWP8

http://forums.windowscentral.com/dev...team-chat.html

qrcode.14791158.png
    Last edited by SteamChatWP8; 08-11-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Added twitter link
    08-11-2013 05:45 AM
    Trialing as we speak! :D Been waiting for a good Steam chat app for ages, you guys should make one for the Win 8 modern-UI as well!

Support for landscape mode would be direly needed I feel!
    SteamChatWP8 likes this.
    08-11-2013 09:05 AM
    [Update] An update has been submitted for certification that will solve a lot of the issues that some people were getting. Such as the tomb stoning crash, not being able to log in and chat box modifications so your message does not get deleted when a message is received. This update will also bring a few new features such as landscape mode, enhanced notifications, toggle push notification dialog, alternate keyboard layout (Spell Checker / Smilies) and many other features.

This update will also provide the framework needed for us to present player's profiles, leader boards, achievements, inventory, game reviews and much much more that will be introduced in another update before the months end.

We read all reviews and feedback so if you would like anything implemented then email me directly and we will have it added for you.
    08-14-2013 08:38 AM
    Good to hear. I hope you're getting a lot of purchases for this app. I've only really bought 1-2 apps ever before, but I didn't have to think twice about purchasing this one. Great to see it evolve!

Like I wrote on Twitter, can't wait to have this on Windows 8 app store as well, preferably so that it's also ARM compiled so I can have a mean of using Steam chat on my Surface RT! But I realize this goal is still far away for now :D
    08-14-2013 08:53 AM
    Also tweeted this, but sinceI find Twitter an atrocious service due to its stupid character limitation, I'll write here too. Sinc the latest update, I dont recieve messages at all. Friends get the messages I send them and usually reply but I have no way to read these replies on my phone cos they never arrive. I usually notice the replies hours later in the desktop Steam chat history so it sorta defeats the purpose of conversation. The app worked fine before the update and it started doing this after I updated. Havn't tried re-installing yet, though.
    08-21-2013 04:14 AM