[Alpha][BETA] Fuelly App - Windows Phone 8 Signup

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

One of the few apps I really wanted for my Windows Phone that I couldn't find was a Fuelly app. There are a few SMS ones, but I wanted to view my stats, my MPG, and submit fuelups all from the phone.

After waiting a few months to see if someone else would make it, I got impatient and started making it on my own.

Currently the app only supports English and United States (still working on how to post units to the fuelly server in other measurements properly).

App is now in open beta, use the link below to download it. Trial version is ad supported, but full featured. Full version only removes ads currently (in future full version will receive new features ahead of the trial version).

Notes about the Beta: Live tiles do not update currently (this feature is in progress). Please post with any glitches/issue you find so I can fix them.

Screenshots are from Alpha 0.6 Build.

Current release info:

** BETA 0.8.3.5 **
- Fixed issues with crashing related to CSV file parsing

** BETA 0.8.3 **
- Fixed additional issues related to crashing with trip odo
- Fixed issue with crashing on startup due to certain image types
- Minor UI adjustments

** BETA 0.8.2 **
- Fixed crashing issue from commas in notes
- Fixed crashing issue for fuelups tracked by trip odo
- Added delete car function in context menu

** BETA 0.8.0 **
- Minor UI adjustments
- Fixed glitch with adding account/new cars
- Fixed crashes from ads
- Added ability to purchase app and remove ads

** BETA 0.7.8 **
- Location prompt added on first run
- Add new car works
- Limited (Experimental) Live Tile support
- Various speed and stability improvements

Store Links:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fuellyapp/3b4cd129-5f5f-46b7-a5a2-08320496f947

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130810_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130810_0001.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 14
  • wp_ss_20130810_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130810_0002.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 8
  • wp_ss_20130810_0003.png
    wp_ss_20130810_0003.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20130810_0004.png
    wp_ss_20130810_0004.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This app looks useful and interesting. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with our members.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm still working on the page for adding a new vehicle, and I have several planned speed fixes coming in. It's still in closed Alpha at the moment, but if you're from the USA I can add you into the Alpha test group, just PM me the email associated with your Microsoft Account.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
New updates to the Alpha (Current version is: 0.7.4 (Alpha))

- Added experimental Live Tile support
- Added ability to add new cars to account
- Made a ton of stability and speed fixes

The app will be entering open Beta soon, I just need to test the few new features I've added to make sure they don't crash the app, and I need to change a few more things on the back-end as well. I'm looking to move to open Beta within the next 2 weeks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I've been using My Car for a few months and its not too bad. It replaced another fuel app I used for months before it. My Car tracks car maintenance things which is a nice bonus. It would be good to see what you come up with.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, open beta may be starting a little earlier than expected. I've updated the app again to include the ability to add new cars (not motorcycles yet, that's on the way), I've fixed several glitches and issues I didn't notice at first. Live tile support is added, but is experimental and doesn't update at the moment (that's on the way as well).

I just have to make and test a few more updates and then I'll publish as open beta to the store. Once it's been pushed through I'll update the main page with a link to it.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Excellent! I have been using the fuelly mobile site for ages - I look forward to it being available. Well done!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Fuelly app now in open beta

App is now in open Beta!

Just received word that the app is live in the store and can be downloaded. I've updated the first post with a link to the app in the Windows Phone Store.

DaveR12

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fuelly app now in open beta

I've been using the app for a week now and it's looking pretty good. Definitely better than using the SMS one I've been using.

Two issues that I ran into:
1. App crashes when I refresh it.
2. Wouldn't let me use a gallons amount with 3 decimal places (the pump had it). It kept telling me to check the accuracy of the data and it wouldn't save. I change the gallon amount to 2 decimals and it saved.

Keep up the good work. This will be an app I'll pay for when it's ready.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fuelly app now in open beta

I've been using the app for a week now and it's looking pretty good. Definitely better than using the SMS one I've been using.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that someone else likes this app too!

Two issues that I ran into:
1. App crashes when I refresh it.
2. Wouldn't let me use a gallons amount with 3 decimal places (the pump had it). It kept telling me to check the accuracy of the data and it wouldn't save. I change the gallon amount to 2 decimals and it saved.

1. This crash was caused by 1 of 2 issues causing crashes. I've fixed 1 of them in the update undergoing certification now, the other should be fixed by the next update. The one I'm still fixing is related to the images for the car from the Fuelly server. So once the app updates on your phone, let me know if this still happens to you.
2. That's a strange one. I double checked the code to see if I made a precision error, and it turns out that the error is being sent back from the Fuelly server for invalid data. I'll check into why this might be happening though, and I'm betting it's because I'm not forcing precision in the app before sending in. The next update (after the one that is already in certification) I'll force 3 decimal precision and see if that fixes the issue.

Thank you for letting me know about these issues, and please let me know if anything else doesn't work right!

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've a questio:? It's only for cars or threre's a motorbikes database in? :grin:
Because i hate cars and drive only bikes (i've two of them :grin:)
I'll try it when u support the good old Europe :D

Last edited:

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've a questio:? It's only for cars or threre's a motorbikes database in? :grin:
Because i hate cars and drive only bikes (i've two of them :grin:)
I'll try it when u support the good old Europe :D

What part of Europe? I have UK support on the way soon, and motorcycle support planned for the near future as well.
The rest of Europe will follow, but it will take a couple of weeks to adjust the app to work properly.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Continent: liters (or litres), € (and other kind of EU27 currencies plus Swiss one) and so on :)
BTW i've all winter, till spring, for waiting a full working version of your app that can work with european currencies and misures... and don't forget motorcycles :grin:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When I try to log in it brings up the dashboard for a second (or more accurately just the word dashboard), and then crashes. I'd like to use this as I use Fuelly for all my cars, can't believe I missed this app befoe, I had used "Fuelly sms" for a while, but it wasn't any better than just using the mobile webpage.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
When I try to log in it brings up the dashboard for a second (or more accurately just the word dashboard), and then crashes. I'd like to use this as I use Fuelly for all my cars, can't believe I missed this app befoe, I had used "Fuelly sms" for a while, but it wasn't any better than just using the mobile webpage.

There are 2 crash issues that are causing this. One is an image format issue that I'm working on, and the other occurs if you track using the trip odometer instead of the odometer.

The second issue, the one where it crashes when using trip miles, is fixed in the latest update. The update was submitted for certification on Saturday, so I expect it will roll out soon!

Let me know if that doesn't fix it, but the image fix is being pushed in the update following the one coming soon.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got word, the update is live now. Let me know if anything still crashes and/or doesn't work!

The link in the first post should take you to the update.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update and it's not crashing on startup or refresh anymore. Thanks for the quick fix.

No problem! I did find a few more issues, that I already fixed and submitted for another update. So next week when they finally approve the update you'll see more fixes.

DylanT72

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm interested in this app too. However, I'd like to use it for a motorcycle, in Australia ($, km, c/l).

Please let me know when I can get into it. Happy to test. If it's .NET, I am a C# developer too, so happy to code review or help out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte