[FREE APP + Optional Purchase] Nokia Colection

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I am a fairly new app developer, and after reading about the disappearance of LumiaPusher, I was inspired to build a replacement. Now granted, the application I built is no where near the advanced functionality of an app such as SysApps, however, the purpose of my app is to give a stylish, simple [, Metro Stylized] alternative to LumiaPusher. My app's name is "Nokia Collection". It is a free app with optional purchase [out of support] (the app acquired through the "try" function is exactly the same program downloaded via the "buy" function, and purchase is only optional if the user wishes to show support and enjoys the app.)

Another thing is that im actually sort of disheartened, seeing the flood of applications appearing in the store like this.

The app, upon launch, has a list of the apps from Nokia's app suite (including Storage Check Beta and Nokia's System apps), and features a categorize function which takes the user to a category page (which utilizes a pivot function), separating the apps into these categories: System, Media, Photography, Navigation, Social, Other.

Please note the screenshots are [slightly] outdated in the listing, since after those screenshots were taken, I had made a final tweak to the app [before submitting], which included a lowering of the intensity of the shading, so there is a slight difference between the screenshots and the app (however minor and unimportant it may be)

My app is complete with a stylish wide tile, and is found here: Nokia Collection | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

PLEASE NOTE: There is a different application with a similar purpose and identical name within the store that is by a separate developer and does NOT include a free version. This app is here (Nokia Collection | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) and is NOT my app. I am stating this just in case there is any confusion (since they sit right next to each other within a search in the store)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised they allow names like this that could be considered confusing.

What does your app do that others don't? just curious

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised they allow names like this that could be considered confusing.

What does your app do that others don't? just curious

Well, [imo] it has the nicest design. :sweaty:

TO be honest, the other apps (such as sys pusher) made one of the pros of my app moot while it was being "certified". I had went through some of the other apps and had not seen a number of apps in their lists (SysPusher was missing a few photography apps and storage check beta, same with some of the others), but while my app was being certified, some of the apps, mainly SysPusher, added the missing apps to its list.

So I guess you could say my app is a good alternative for those who want both something simpler than SysPusher, as well as something that is a bit more stylish (since I tried to make my app stylish and "metro", making design a priority in my app.)

Also, stylish wide tile anyone?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This is why I thought it could be confusing. Nokia App Updater?

Ah. I see what your saying now.

However, theres already "Nokia Updater", "Nokia Apps", and "Nokia App Updates" in the store, so the names are overly close to the one you mentioned.

Honestly, any name I pick, theres gonna be a similar/same name app or its gonna be a name that's easily confused, sadly. Ive came to realize that building a replacement to LumiaPusher isn't exactly a unique idea, and theres more apps similar to mine and SysPusher. In fact, the application with the same name I mentioned appeared while my application was being certified. (in truth, if I hadn't worked on the UI and tried to make mine appear unique and useful, I probably wouldn't of even submitted my app, since in that scenario mine would of been exactly the same as the other numerous apps appearing.)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Ah. I see what your saying now.

However, theres already "Nokia Updater", "Nokia Apps", and "Nokia App Updates" in the store, so the names are overly close to the one you mentioned.

Honestly, any name I pick, theres gonna be a similar/same name app or its gonna be a name that's easily confused, sadly. Ive came to realize that building a replacement to LumiaPusher isn't exactly a unique idea, and theres more apps similar to mine and SysPusher. In fact, the application with the same name I mentioned appeared while my application was being certified. (in truth, if I hadn't worked on the UI and tried to make mine appear unique and useful, I probably wouldn't of even submitted my app, since in that scenario mine would of been exactly the same as the other numerous apps appearing.)

Makes sense. I could see how that would be hard to be unique on naming while still making it relevant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo