Your first food log, a new Window Phone app for diabetics and health freaks?

wouterst

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Food Journal is a new Windows Phone app that makes it super easy to keep track of what you eat every day.
The app has a complete database of foods, and it's design is optimized to make it quick for you to select the foods.

ApplicationIcon.png

Food Journal is for you if:
- You have a Windows Phone
- Are not happy with your weight and want to watch calories
- Have high blood pressure and want to watch sodium intake
- Are worried about diabetes
- for any other reason are interested to keep track of what you eat

The app is completely new, and has arrived in the store only hours ago.
Here's the direct link: Food Journal | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Screen 1.pngScreen 2.png
Go take a look for your self, and see how long it takes you to fill out your second day!

We're curious to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This app looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with our members.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As a diabetic and just looking at the screenies, wouldn't listing carbohydrates be pretty essential? As a diabetic that's really the only metric in foods I care about :p

But as said, only saying this based on the posted screenshot, it may well be there in some way :p

wouterst

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Laura! I used to only be a member of the wp7.nl site, which is the Dutch version of wpcentral, but I'm glad I found this site as well...
Going for a stroll around the forums right now :)

wouterst

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Great question Coreldan... As it turns out, you can actually pick form 16 nutrition values that you care most about, and personalize the goal you want to track against. Personally I use it for sodium to guard against high blood pressure, but yeah Carbs is one of the options too...

I should probably update the screenshots eh? :)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Looks very promising. I am diabetic and just found the carb intake screen. One other I would like to see is the blood glucose reading. I measure this about 5 - 6 times per day and it would be very good to be able to add that to the saved items as well.

wouterst

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks very promising. I am diabetic and just found the carb intake screen. One other I would like to see is the blood glucose reading. I measure this about 5 - 6 times per day and it would be very good to be able to add that to the saved items as well.

That' sounds like a great idea, would you be interested to take a look at a design if I make one in the coming week?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo