Super Calendar

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
by the way i get an @ sign on my live tile, am on the latest version (todays update) not too sure what that means

also love the bing image option, is it possible to have that apply to the live tile background too? instead of me manually changing image every day, would be cool to have bing image / or portion of that bing image change automatically every day for live tile background :)

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Great update.
Is there a way for automatic update on the lock-screen/live tile. I receive my appointments from the exchange server and currently I have to go several times per day to the app to check if there are any new appointments or if the schedule is changed.
Would be good to be able to set update interval for the lock-screen/live tile
There is a tab called bg agent in the live-tile setting, but I didn't understand what it is supposed to do.
I use wide tiles, and have turned off the small and medium tiles, but appointments are still not updating.

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got the latest update.. However live tiles & lock screen are not updateing at all.. Live tile does not even update its date which is kind of annoying to have to open the application to update the date.
For me this is becoming something inconvenient because I have to constantly open the calendar to reflect the new appointments that were pushed via the exchange server.
Any way that I can make the live tile update... Background processes are allowed for Super Calendar, however it appears to do absolutely nothing in the background.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got the latest update.. However live tiles & lock screen are not updateing at all.. Live tile does not even update its date which is kind of annoying to have to open the application to update the date.
For me this is becoming something inconvenient because I have to constantly open the calendar to reflect the new appointments that were pushed via the exchange server.
Any way that I can make the live tile update... Background processes are allowed for Super Calendar, however it appears to do absolutely nothing in the background.

Same for me, no longer updating on it's own or even when you open the app to day view, nothing there till I refresh. Also very slow opening app up it was great before till this update! Please fix.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with the new version and updating, are the BG agent settings setup correctly?

I've purchased Super Calendar, my only gripe is you can't see who created a meeting, only the invited attendees. Usually if I want to quickly email someone it's the organizer and not the other attendees. Unless I'm missing something.

The app has always been a little slow for me opening, but I live with it.

chrlykke

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Great app. But since last update the app keeps crashing when weekly start day is changed to Monday. Which is what we use in my part of the world. Have to remove and reinstall. Anyone???

crea7or

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, pls help me to find the problem (and to developer of super calendar). Super calendar eats memory at my device (nokia 925). I want to know, is it my problem or something wider. How to check it: Settings -> Storage check -> wait for circle -> swipe to details -> click details button under the Apps. Find "Super calendar" and post here the space allocated by super calendar. It should be about 20-40mb. My sc eats 20mb per day. I found it with 800mb. Reinstalled it and after 7 days there 140mb and growing.

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, pls help me to find the problem (and to developer of super calendar). Super calendar eats memory at my device (nokia 925). I want to know, is it my problem or something wider. How to check it: Settings -> Storage check -> wait for circle -> swipe to details -> click details button under the Apps. Find "Super calendar" and post here the space allocated by super calendar. It should be about 20-40mb. My sc eats 20mb per day. I found it with 800mb. Reinstalled it and after 7 days there 140mb and growing.

After you mentioned it, I checked.. allocated space was 380MB, after reinstall it was 35, but I expect it to grow again. Lumia 920 device

Kurt Falde

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Just throwing this out there for people that may have a lot of private appts for some reason in their exchange/outlook account that they want to unmark as private so that they show up in super calendar.. you can use the following to find private appts and mark them as non-private by using powershell/outlook com model. Have to run it a few times for it to find everything but it has helped me out.

Code:
# Query calendar for all appts marked as private and make them non-private
$olApp = New-Object -COM Outlook.Application
$namespace = $olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
$fldCalendar = $namespace.GetDefaultFolder(9)
"Retreiving calendar items"
$filter = "[Sensitivity] = '2'"
$items = $fldCalendar.Items.Restrict($filter)
#$items
foreach ($item in $items)
    {
    $item.sensitivity = 0
    $item.Save()
    write-host $item.Organizer, $item.Sensitivity, $item.subject
    }

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Same for me, no longer updating on it's own or even when you open the app to day view, nothing there till I refresh. Also very slow opening app up it was great before till this update! Please fix.

There is something that I just noticed today.. I checked the background app settings and Super Calendar was blocked.. I added an entry to the calendar using WP default calendar, then unblocked Super Calendar... it updated live tile successfully. However after that it was again blocked in the background processes.. I repeated this and it was constantly going to blocked state. I think this is where the problem lies, but I don't really have a clue how to solve it.

Edit : I have read somewhere that if a background process throws too many errors, the OS blocks it.

Edit : Last night I got the Update 3 on my Lumia 920 (Black Update). So far the lock screen and live tile hava been updating successfuly.
Increasing of disk space used by the application remains though.

Last edited:

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Super Calendar version 1.7 is now out. This has tons of new features along with performance improvement.

A new home page is introduced with this release with new styles for different views. It also comes with an agenda view.

Should you prefer the old home page, there's a link to go to the page. And once on the page, there's an option to set it as your home page. Here are some screenshots for this release:

wp_ss_20140204_0003[1].png wp_ss_20140204_0013[2].png wp_ss_20140204_0002[2].png wp_ss_20140204_0005[1].png

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It is loading much faster now, but the new UI design is something I didn't expect, sadly feels like a different app now.

After the update the live tile shows coloured texts, and turning them off has no effect.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
But:

The views are definitely more efficient in screen space, so I would love to see the more blackish design without too much visual grids coming back. It seems to me, that the mix of both, new typographic styles and previous color reduced/phone themed and darker layout grid, could become my favourite design.

TheTob

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tot problems with the livetile. Sometimes no appoinments on the livetile. Sometimes they are there......

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro