Super Calendar

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Not on this version. The upcoming update will get background task. But then again you never know when background agents will work or not. So test before you purchase.

BTW, there's no difference between paid and trial version as far as functionality is concerned.

Hi, I love the week view but my live tile doesn't update, that is to say, it still shows yesterday's date. I have only the trial version, does it update in the paid version. I need to know for sure before I purchase.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not on this version. The upcoming update will get background task. But then again you never know when background agents will work or not. So test before you purchase.

BTW, there's no difference between paid and trial version as far as functionality is concerned.

thanks for clarifying this, I thought my live tiles were dead or something.

Steen Bendtsen

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Steen,

You can change the start day of the week under settings.

I will fix the time locale issue.

There's no room for another button in the app bar to add settings:)

With the update yesterday the some of the locale time settings works.
However the live tile does not. The start time of an appointment is 12 hour, while the end is 24 hour. The left corner with the day and time is 12 hour clock

What about support for week number ?

Mko61

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a solution for not having all the event from Google Calendar marked as "private appointment"? Unfortunately Google is my main calendar ...

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Chronos Calendar for quite some time now, and really like that app, esp for its customizability. I thought I'd give this app a try and am really impressed - it is a very good start and has great potential. I have a few suggestions on the design and layout of the UI but they're not critical so I'll bring them up some other time. For now, I have one feature request, which is super-critical for me. I would like the live tile (esp the wide one) to display the location of the appointments, so that I know ahead if time where I need to run (sometimes different buildings, at work). Maybe replace the end time with meeting location. Sorry if this feature is already present somewhere in the settings.
Another suggestion is to not display same contents on the flip side of the tile (even hide the date). This way, when the tile flips, my gorgeous background image can shine and brighten up my start screen.
And finally, I think somebody already mentioned this - I'd like to see more text displayed for appointment subjects (maybe move the box that displays the date to the left a little and reduce font size a bit?)
Thanks for the lovely app.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Chronos Calendar for quite some time now, and really like that app, esp for its customizability. I thought I'd give this app a try and am really impressed - it is a very good start and has great potential. I have a few suggestions on the design and layout of the UI but they're not critical so I'll bring them up some other time. For now, I have one feature request, which is super-critical for me. I would like the live tile (esp the wide one) to display the location of the appointments, so that I know ahead if time where I need to run (sometimes different buildings, at work). Maybe replace the end time with meeting location. Sorry if this feature is already present somewhere in the settings.
Another suggestion is to not display same contents on the flip side of the tile (even hide the date). This way, when the tile flips, my gorgeous background image can shine and brighten up my start screen.
And finally, I think somebody already mentioned this - I'd like to see more text displayed for appointment subjects (maybe move the box that displays the date to the left a little and reduce font size a bit?)

If you email the dev (there is a link in the help section) - he is very responsive and keen to develop the app.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
...And finally, I think somebody already mentioned this - I'd like to see more text displayed for appointment subjects (maybe move the box that displays the date to the left a little and reduce font size a bit?)

There is a setting in the Live Tile section of the program (at least in the latest revision) that allows you to choose a format for the live tile that makes the date very small and allows more room for the details. You get there by clicking on the Super Calender words on the top right of the program. , then choose Live Tiles, and select one of the 4 styles. Styles 2&4 have the smallest dates displayed.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting in the Live Tile section of the program (at least in the latest revision) that allows you to choose a format for the live tile that makes the date very small and allows more room for the details. You get there by clicking on the Super Calender words on the top right of the program. , then choose Live Tiles, and select one of the 4 styles. Styles 2&4 have the smallest dates displayed.
yes, I've seen that, but style 1 is the most beautiful :)

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
With the update yesterday the some of the locale time settings works.
However the live tile does not. The start time of an appointment is 12 hour, while the end is 24 hour. The left corner with the day and time is 12 hour clock

What about support for week number ?

Steen, some of these will be addressed by v1.2 which will be out in a few days. Others by v1.3.

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I really like this app, but I just recently stumbled upon something weird.
My live tile stopped updating from Wednesday. Tried to re-pin, still stuck at Wednesday.
Any ideas of what might cause this and how to fix it?

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Another weird thing, I have noticed:
The wide tile flips and the other side shows an even earlier date (12th Sep.) with the no name appointments issue despite private appointments being turned off.

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Another weird thing, I have noticed:
The wide tile flips and the other side shows an even earlier date (12th Sep.) with the no name appointments issue despite private appointments being turned off.

Thanks for reporting these issues to me skugg. I'll investigate and work on them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea