Super Calendar

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.2 is now available

I just updated to version 1.2. I am pointing to Switzerland market and in my observation international markets get updates earlier than US. I am US based but pointing to a random international market to make sure app works on non-US region as well.

Please let me know what you think of this latest version once you get to use it.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Version 1.2 is now available

I just updated to version 1.2. I am pointing to Switzerland market and in my observation international markets get updates earlier than US. I am US based but pointing to a random international market to make sure app works on non-US region as well.

Please let me know what you think of this latest version once you get to use it.
updated to v1.2 and love the new UI and live tile options. One minor concern. I'd like to disable the "no upcoming appointments in the upcoming x days" message printed on the live tile, so that the tile background image can beautify my start screen. :)

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Version 1.2 is now available

updated to v1.2 and love the new UI and live tile options. One minor concern. I'd like to disable the "no upcoming appointments in the upcoming x days" message printed on the live tile, so that the tile background image can beautify my start screen. :)

Sorry I missed that option aaa6112. Will be in v1.3.

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I would love a 24 h option instead of am/pm, which is mostly used in the US. Also, how do I get the large live tile?

mcheiron, 24H support will be in version 1.3. Just pin the app from app list, then resize to wide from start screen. Hope that helps.

wp_ss_20130920_0001[1].png

wp_ss_20130920_0002[1].jpg

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I found a workaround for gmail account not to show appointments as private. Add it as Microsoft Exchange account instead of as a gmail account.

geekaren

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I found a workaround for gmail account not to show appointments as private. Add it as Microsoft Exchange account instead of as a gmail account.
I can confirm this works. My Gmail account has always been set up as Exchange and I've never had calendar entries show as "private."

Thanks, kimwpdev, for your responsiveness and good work!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My trial ran out today, so I finally bought the app! Seeing dev support is one big part of my decisions to purchase them. Keep the goodies coming!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to request the dev to check all tiles (styles and sizes) and please make sure "all day" is printed in full and doesn't get cut off. Currently, I am using tile size 6 (wide), and for all day events, the text "all day" gets cut off, seems like the width allocated for that section isn't enough. Not a big deal, but would make the live tile look perfect. Thanks in advance!

kimwpdev

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to request the dev to check all tiles (styles and sizes) and please make sure "all day" is printed in full and doesn't get cut off. Currently, I am using tile size 6 (wide), and for all day events, the text "all day" gets cut off, seems like the width allocated for that section isn't enough. Not a big deal, but would make the live tile look perfect. Thanks in advance!

You'll get this in version 13. Thanks for your patience aaa6112!

wp_ss_20130926_0002[1].png

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Is editing and deleting appointments only available in the full version?

Kind of a pain, but you can delete or edit appointments in the regular calendar app, and they will carry over into Super Calendar. As kimwpdev explains above, there is no other way to do it with the current API.

blackadam88

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
No edit or delete???

Not possible to edit or delete appointments?! What a disappointment. That renders it more or less useless to me - I don't need 2 calendars. Can't believe MS doesn't allow it.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: No edit or delete???

Not possible to edit or delete appointments?! What a disappointment. That renders it more or less useless to me - I don't need 2 calendars. Can't believe MS doesn't allow it.

yea not anything the dev can do about it, they need to update the API. I still find it useful for displaying better info

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Version 1.3 is now out. Please let me know what you think.
wow, wow, wow!
Love the subtle tweaks, new live tile styles, meeting location display and new customization options. A couple of things:
1. in the live tile settings background menu, the background brightness sliding control is not so responsive. Takes some time to respond to the hand movement. Same with clicking on the +,- controls.
2. In live tile style 7 (wide tile option) , the appointment subject gets cut off even though there is a lot of room (width) left to fill.

I'm excited about the lockscreen control option, haven't tried it yet.:)
Thanks a lot!
Edit 1: is there a place we can find the changelog?
Edit 2: Just tried the lockscreen option and it looks great. Couple more things, nitpicking really.
1. I noticed most of the live tile styles display the "@" conditionally, ie, only when there's a location available. However, styles 1, 3 and 5 display the "@" even when there's no location available. :)
2. The help section does not display (just blank space there) the number of days the trial version of the app will last.
I love the app's design, your commitment and responsiveness, just purchased the app. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss