[APP] - Music Pro - The Ultimate Music Player for Windows Phone

dbpaddler

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Re: Music Player Pro

Thought I'd give a shot at asking. Jet Audio finally got me to ditch my standalone players with their Android app that does two things:

1. Create playlists on the fly. Press and hold a song and choose add to playlist whether it's existing or creates a new one.Then you can go to the playlist, press and hold on songs to place them in the order you want. So easy to create.

2. Play once feature or cuing feature. Where you're playing an album and it plays one song and stops. The Jet Audio app will advance tracks but not play the track until you hit Play again. Good for audio books and for group fitness instructors and such. Just plays a track, stops and waits for you to hit play to play the next track. The JA app will actually advance to the next song but not play it. Their players along with Creative's players have that "play once" feature but don't advance to the next track. You have to FF then hit play.

So what are the odds of either feature becoming reality?

Thanks.

Sistog

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I'm trying out your player - thanks for working on this. Will you be adding FF/RW and scrubbing? In addition, would it be possible to sort songs according to album, after choosing "Artist"?
Now songs are sorted by album in the Artist View. And we are looking into scrubbing. FF/RW is not possible at the moment. We need to wait for Microsoft to enable it in the new sdk.

The scroll feature that is in the My Tube app is good, it allows a different way to move on. I know nothing about SDKs or anything, so it may be that video is treated differently. Have a look at it.
I don't use MyTube app but I will try. if you'd like to post some explanatory image would help us.

Thought I'd give a shot at asking. Jet Audio finally got me to ditch my standalone players with their Android app that does two things:

1. Create playlists on the fly. Press and hold a song and choose add to playlist whether it's existing or creates a new one.Then you can go to the playlist, press and hold on songs to place them in the order you want. So easy to create.

2. Play once feature or cuing feature. Where you're playing an album and it plays one song and stops. The Jet Audio app will advance tracks but not play the track until you hit Play again. Good for audio books and for group fitness instructors and such. Just plays a track, stops and waits for you to hit play to play the next track. The JA app will actually advance to the next song but not play it. Their players along with Creative's players have that "play once" feature but don't advance to the next track. You have to FF then hit play.

So what are the odds of either feature becoming reality?

Thanks.
At the moment it's impossible to us to create or edit playlist. We need a new SDK from Microsoft.
I think we could add your second suggestion, but probably it is mandatory that the app is in the foreground for it to work.

dbpaddler

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site

At the moment it's impossible to us to create or edit playlist. We need a new SDK from Microsoft.
I think we could add your second suggestion, but probably it is mandatory that the app is in the foreground for it to work.

So playlist creation and editing is a Microsoft limitation? That's just ridiculous at this stage of the game on their part.

For me, I use the play once feature while teaching fitness classes. Song ends, stretch, change weights, start the next song. So it'd definitely be in the foreground.

I'm just amazed Microsoft has limited the playlist capability like that this far into it. I hardly use Media Monkey anymore for playlists. Would love to just use the Lumia for music and the Adidas MyCoach, but alas, convergence is still being stifled. Thanks MS, and thank you for putting the effort in.

Jasper Blockx

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [APP] - Music Player Pro - Ultimate music player for windows phone 8

Hi,

I really enjoy this app. I have only one small problem. I seems that The National (with the same meta data) is displayed two times in the artist list. Anyone an idea to solve this?

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: [APP] - Music Player Pro - Ultimate music player for windows phone 8

Very nice app and worth the money. Just one issue tho,
in the music library if I select an artist the songs seems to get sorted by album and then alphabetical order instead of track number, this doesn't happen if I directly select an album from the album menu.
Thank you!

kafkaf

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I used to be on iPhone before and I've tried many players on wp to find something like the brilliant iPod app. Music PRO Player PRO is very very good player. Just what we need on wp. Just one thing is missing to be perfect Sistog: the possibility to explore a playlist, a genre or an album (I mean see the song's list) without playing it. And an other little thing like this: when exploring an artist, you could add an intermediate screen with the album's list, and then we can choose an album before to access the song's list of the album. The best would be to keep the present possiblity to see the entire song's list of an artist too.
Some little bugs sometimes cause I have 5000 titles in because nothing serious.
Best wp music player ever!

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Sistog - Please add a simple function to sort albums by artist (A-Z) in the album view, much like how Itunes does it. And when you browse by artists it should show the albums by the artist, then clicking on the album to see the songs. It would also be helpful if in album view it would remain in list or cluster view depending on how you leave it the last time you used it.

It's a great app, but there's a simple but deal breaking problem with navigating your collection of music.

megauni

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

the last update (yesterday) has significantly improved the management of the library! 've already tried to update?

Zelig87

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site

Hi Sistog,

Just found your app and so far it is the best WP8 music player I have found for just playing my locally stored music collection.

A couple of Feature Requests / Suggestions

1. Option to sort albums for an Artist in RELEASE DATE order

eg Coldplay - I have 5 albums

Currently they appear in alphabetical order:
1. A Rush of Blood to the Head
2. Mylo Xyloto
3. Parachutes
4. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
5. X&Y

I want to see them in RELEASE DATE order, ie
1. Parachutes
2. A Rush of Blood to the Head
3. X&Y
4. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
5. Mylo Xyloto

2. Live Tiles
The Live Tile seems to display the current song/album art correctly when you come from the app back to the start screen, but the live tile doesn't seem to immediately update when the next song starts playing the same way the Live Tile for the default music player does (ie it changes the name of the artist immediately).

Anyway, some ideas for the Live Tile assuming you can get it to update correctly for each new song playing:-

Medium Tile - include Album name
When the live tile flips from the Album Art to the current song details, it currently shows the song title at the top and the artist at the bottom. Can the album be listed underneath the Song Title (perhaps in the same smaller font used for the Artist name at the bottom).

Wide Tile
Left side of the Tile: Album Art (ie as is currently)
Right side of the Tile: Song Title, Album name and Artist (ie the detail that the Medium tile currently shows when it flips).

Option for either Wide Tile not to FLIP or if it does FLIP, then when it flips, show the next track details (eg song name, album, artist).

Anyway, just some initial ideas. Keep up the good work.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Before i buy this App, I need to know if it has a Search Function within a Playlist

I've got playlists that has 1000+ Tracks,

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Sistog's Music Player Pro is on its way to becoming one of the best smart phone music players out there with this new library management update. It's now easier to browse your music albums under the artists.

Please make a toggle under settings to choose between organizing the albums (in album view) between alphabetical order and by order of artist. The reason for is this is if you owned physical CD's on a bookshelf, you want all the AC/DC discs next to each other, rather than have them all over the place. As it currently stands, my Ayreon CD's are next to Van Halen, because of alphabetical album ordering.

In a future update I think it would be a huge plus to have this app support widescreen viewing/album browsing. None of the other music players on Windows Phone have that ability.

It would also be good if when you clicked the song on the retractable mini player on the phone, it would take you to Music Player Pro, rather than Xbox Music. I also noticed when you skip tracks using the mini player, it doesn't update the Music Player Pro's live tile.

Last edited:

Sistog

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

thanks for your comments!
@Zelig87
Unfortunately there is no way to detect the release date of an album, so we can't order album by release date.
We are working on more functional tiles, but also here the limitations for third-party applications are many.

@tjecco
at the moment you can search in library (incluse playlist) with the advanced search. but if you want to search within the current playlist you have to wait the next release

@themadpoet1
We just send a new update with the possibility to sort album by name or by artist name. Should arrive in about 4 days.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Sistog, you're awesome!

Has anyone noticed that hitting the skip button on the mini-player doesn't update the live tile for Music Player Pro, unless you go back into the app?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Am I able to create my own playlist in your app? I couldn't figure out how to in the trial. (It just says 'no element found'. Thanks!

Zelig87

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site

thanks for your comments!
@Zelig87
Unfortunately there is no way to detect the release date of an album, so we can't order album by release date.

The info must be there somewhere, because other players can do it. Maybe look in the metadata of the first song on each album ?

Zelig87

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site

Thanks Sistog, you're awesome!

Has anyone noticed that hitting the skip button on the mini-player doesn't update the live tile for Music Player Pro, unless you go back into the app?

Not just when you hit skip, but also when the current song ends and the player moves on to the next song - the Live Tile just sits there showing the details of the first song.

Sistog

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

- bug fixes for problems reported by users
- pin to start for element from the library (full version only)
- updated dll for ads

with 2.2.3.1 (aviable in a couple of days)
- advertising less invasive, are not shown on all screens but with a random pattern

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss