View Poll Results: Who is planning to use speech - free trial or the full version - when it launches?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Planning to use the free trial

21 55.26%
  • Planning to pay for the full version of speech

10 26.32%
  • Not planning to use speech

7 18.42%
02-09-2014 11:26 PM
71 123
tools
    I use Nokia Lumia 822 and the thing that shows up is battery for sure, I haven't done much more testing today because I had to finish my essay for school tommorow, but ill check before I go to sleep.
    09-22-2013 08:48 PM
    Just replicated the issue. It only happens with the battery command. Fix coming before next weekend.

EDIT:
    Due to the severity of the issue the fix is now packaged in the 1.1 update, processing certification now.
    Last edited by IN5TIGATOR; 09-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    09-22-2013 08:52 PM
    Just purchased
    09-23-2013 12:48 AM
    Version 1.1 has just been submitted to the store featuring a bug fix for the battery level command, a bug fix for trial mode, a new home page, alarms and reminders support. Also included in this update is a bing search command. Version 1.1 will pass store certification within the next two or three days and will be available to download at that time!

Download the app at: Speech | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

TellMe on WP8 is extremely lacking. We all know that. iPhone friends on Siri laugh at us in horror when it comes to voice assistants. Android users the same. Due to this problem becoming even more prevalent as voice assistants become even more advanced, I've decided to create an app that links into TellMe and adds key commands missing from WP8 such as:

Trial Version

Send Email
    What Can I Say (List of these commands inside the app)
    Search (Bing, Google, Amazon, etc)
    Time/Date
    Map Search
    Store Search

Only in the Full Version

Navigation/Directions
    Battery Life
    Share Status
    Shuffle/Pause/Play/Previous/Next Music
    Appointments (Version 1.1)
    Alarms (Version 1.1)

Coming Soon

Accent Color Support
    Reminders
    Calculator
    Calling/Texting
    Search sites such as Wolfram Alpha
    Easter Eggs such as siri's joke commands (Very low priority)

How does it work?

Simply download the app and launch it, installing the new commands. Then, just launch TellMe and say any of the added commands to TellMe. It supports natural speech recognition and listens for one keyword. For example, you could say "Phone, send an Email to Stephen with the subject hi and body how are you doing", and it will pick out the keyword "Email" and know what you are talking about. When using any command, put "Phone" in the front of it. For example, you would say "Phone, share status" instead of "share status". This is a technical limitation of Windows Phone.

Pricing and Availability

It will launch in the Windows Phone store by next week, or if it passes certification without any problems, by the end of this week. It will launch at .99 for the full version and free for the trial. The full version adds more commands that you can use.

The Future

I'm planning many updates adding the commands listed under "Coming soon". I will update with bugfixes if the bugs are reported. There will be no public beta here on WPCentral.

1.1 Update (Submitted, Available Soon)
    - Appointments Support
    - "Search Bing" Command
    - Bug Fixes
    - Alarms

1.2 Update
    - Reminders
    - Accent Color Support

Screenshots
    Attachment 43582Attachment 43583Attachment 43584Attachment 43585

The app will launch under the name "Speech".
    How to start the app? it just gets stuck on first page.

ps. i am in India and use Indian voice commands.
    09-23-2013 02:22 AM
    How to start the app? it just gets stuck on first page.

ps. i am in India and use Indian voice commands.
    The app is not localized to India. You can only use English voice commands by opening tellMe and saying a command. Say Phone, What can I say? For a list of commands.
    09-23-2013 06:22 AM
    I'm not getting good recognition of some commands compared to the native Tellme, I can get the app to open fine but accuracy varies a lot from there. Can anything be done or is it a case of my speech pattern just isn't compatible, (for lack of a better word(?
    09-23-2013 06:30 AM
    I'm not getting good recognition of some commands compared to the native Tellme, I can get the app to open fine but accuracy varies a lot from there. Can anything be done or is it a case of my speech pattern just isn't compatible, (for lack of a better word(?
    I'm using the default tell me API. There isn't much I can do to those APIs regarding accuracy, but I can look into it.
    09-23-2013 06:39 AM
    Just purchased
    Thank You for supporting future updates!
    09-23-2013 06:55 AM
    Hey good try. Would try out soon. But i guess , WP 8.1 has a better Speech assistant.So looking forward :)

BTW good try
    09-23-2013 07:01 AM
    The app is not localized to India. You can only use English voice commands by opening tellMe and saying a command. Say Phone, What can I say? For a list of commands.
    is there any possibility of localisation in future updates?
    09-23-2013 07:02 AM
    I'm using the default tell me API. There isn't much I can do to those APIs regarding accuracy, but I can look into it.
    Ok, thanks. Here's an example, if I search for Lumia 1020 with the native Tellme it recognizes the works fine, with Speech I get "Do/No me a 10:20". Pics attached.

wp_20130923.png

wp_20130923-1.png
    09-23-2013 07:05 AM
    Few things to add to the "future" list. I would love to see:

- Weather info.
    - Post on Twitter
    - Create to-do or notes
    - More searching options

BTW great apps like these + dev support makes me really excited :D Please keep up the support!
    09-24-2013 01:51 AM

- Weather info.
    - Post on Twitter
    - Create to-do or notes
    - More searching options

BTW great apps like these + dev support makes me really excited :D Please keep up the support!
    I already have a post to twitter command, it's part of the share status one. Weather could come soon.
    09-24-2013 06:18 AM
    1.1's live!
    09-25-2013 05:14 PM
    Just updated, responds a bit faster when activated which is good, still has the trial issue for battery, will tell you the command is not available then shows battery time anyway, but at least seems to pick up the estimated life better now.
    09-26-2013 06:15 AM
    I already have a post to twitter command, it's part of the share status one. Weather could come soon.
    cool thanks!
    09-26-2013 06:14 PM
    1.2.0 Submitted to the store! Changelog in red on main post.
    10-12-2013 07:32 AM

- Weather info.
    - Post on Twitter
    - Create to-do or notes
    - More searching options

Adding all relevant things, as most of the things you listed are extremely easy to implement.
    10-12-2013 07:33 AM
    UPDATE: 1.2 Approved as of today!
    10-18-2013 09:45 PM
    can you add a timer command please
    10-20-2013 11:31 PM
    Post updated with news reguarding 1.4 and 8.1...
    02-09-2014 11:26 PM
71 123