[Beta] Working on a new car mode app "Car Starter". Anyone interested in trying it out?

TallAssRob

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried out the "Car Mode" app that comes built in to Nokia phones to be used with the CR-200 charger, and I wasn't that happy with it, so I decided to write my own app.

It's similar to the CR-200 app, very basic easy to use interface, only instead of programming 3 buttons to launch various apps, I give you two buttons that can be programmed to launch a navigation app to your home, work or wherever. There is also a contacts page where you can store up to 6 frequently used phone contacts in order to place a quick call.

Also, the app includes NFC so you can place a tag in your car that will launch the app with a tap.

If anyone is interested in trying out the app I just posted it as a beta. Please send an email to carstarter@live.com with your live ID if you would like to try it out.

Here is a link to the wpcentral article about the built-in Nokia Car Mode: Unlock Nokia

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Beta] Working on a new car mode app "Car Starter". Anyone interested in trying it out?

Thank you for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This app sounds useful and interesting. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2