Can we post Windows 8 store apps here? -> MetroTransmission

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! Is it OK to post Windows 8 store apps here? If there's such an active community website about windows 8 / surface, I haven't found one.

So anyway, after releasing a few Windows Phone apps, here's my first Windows 8 app: MetroTransmission. It's a remote control for Transmission, the open-source bit-torrent client. With that while you're browsing around with your tablet you can order your PC (or other thing running Transmission) to download the torrents you come across, remove torrents when they're finished etc.

Main screen; you can see several servers can be managed and the list of servers can be hidden:
Screenshot (5).png

Adding a magnet link:
Screenshot (2).png

Multi-tasking:
Screenshot (7).png

QR code:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can showcase you Windows Developer efforts here. Thanks for sharing the app with us.

I have a question, the app needs to be running until the torrent is done right?

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok, cool.

No, it doesn't. The app orders the transmission instance running somewhere (a PC, a tablet, a NAS... Running on your network to download, then you can close the app. It's just a few seconds operation.

DimonSB

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
nice app, it also associates .torrent when opened from a site. :cool:
just two things:
1. there are no separate tabs like "Loading", "Seeding", "Paused", etc. So when you have thousands of torrents it's hard to find an one in the huge list;
2. when phone uses light theme (white background) it's no so accessable color scheme in the app - black on dark gray:
wp_ss_20140127_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac