Speech: The first Virtual Assistant with OS Integration

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a follow-up to the concept thread located here and update thread for my app.

Speech

Speech is a Windows Phone 8 app designed to fill the gaps found in TellMe, WP8's default voice recognition application. While not designed to replace TellMe, Speech integrates into Windows Phone as if it was a native application built into the OS.

You can download or buy speech by following this link to the Windows Phone store and selecting try or buy. The app is 0.99 cents (USD). For information about trial limitations, screenshots, update information, or any other relevant content, please continue reading.

FEATURES + COMMANDS
This section does not include commands included in TellMe. It only features commands added to TellMe using this app.

Commands List:

TRIAL VERSION
  • Send Email
  • What Can I Say
  • Search 10 websites
  • Time/Date
  • Map Search
  • Store Search
  • Reminders

FULL VERSION ONLY
  • Navigation/Directions
  • Battery Life
  • Share Status
  • Shuffle/Pause/Play/Previous/Next Music
  • Appointments
  • Alarms

FUTURE UPDATES + VERSION INFORMATION
The current version of speech is 1.1.00.

Next Update:
Arriving soon, the next update will be version 1.1.1 brining bug fixes and automatic closing of command windows. Battery level command fixes will make it into that update too.
Version 1.1.1 ETA: 10/15/13 or later if certification issues occur.

Future Plans:

• Weather Command
  • Better Alarms Support
  • Auto-Command-Close
  • And More!

SCREENSHOTS
Some screenshots were taken in 1.0 and are slightly outdated. Will be updated if needed.

whatcanisay.png icomainidf.png test.png test3.png TEST2.png test7.png

rsz_11rsz_iconfinal.png SPEECH 1.1

Last edited:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice! I should try it if I was on wp8, but I'm still on 7 :unhappy: I understand that it's impossible for you to make this app for 7 though.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
1.2.0 Has been submitted with the following changes:

- Accent Color Support
- Battery Bug Fixes
- New Intro Page
- Better, Bolder fonts
- Performance and Usability Improvements.

Once it gets approved into the store, I'll update the post with relevant information.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice start! The music functions don't seem to be working. I say "phone shuffle music" and it plays a song. I say "phone play next song" and it plays the same song over again. You should get with the Hey DJ! guy and combine apps ;)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice start! The music functions don't seem to be working. I say "phone shuffle music" and it plays a song. I say "phone play next song" and it plays the same song over again. You should get with the Hey DJ! guy and combine apps ;)

First off, thank you for purchasing my app (Assuming because you are reporting a bug with a premium-only command). About the bug, I've already created a fix for it that will be bundled into whatever update comes after 1.2, currently in certification. (About the Hey DJ thing, I can't do that because there is no way for Hey DJ to know if Speech is on trial or paid mode, and people would be able to use the music commands without buying the app)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb