05-12-2015 12:08 PM
230 1234 ...
tools
    I have been thinking about this, but it is not clear how to implement it, given the fact that the app also uses a pivot control (the swipe gestures would conflict). One alternative I've been considering is providing a quick action menu on double-tap. Expect more news on this soon.
    What about using one tap to go from inbox to unread, to flagged? In this way you are free to use gestures on any single mail
    10-20-2013 12:50 AM
    Awesome! using the app for a day or so now, so far so good.
    The feature that I miss the most is when typing on the address, wish it can auto-complete with Gmail and hotmail contacts/history.
    Also saving as drafts and signatures option are also much needed
    10-20-2013 10:17 PM
    Also it seems like when I do searches it only search it till somewhere around August. Would be nice if it can keep searching for mails from all time.
    10-20-2013 10:18 PM
    Thanks for the feedback; it is greatly appreciated! Regarding your first post, you may want to keep an eye out for more updates by Monday night (fingers crossed); version 1.0.3 just went live now. Regarding the search issue, that seems to be a bug, but I'll need to look more into it. Also, if you don't mind, please use this in the future for posting feedback: Idea Informer Feedback 2.0. It would be great if I can keep everything in one place.
    10-20-2013 11:09 PM
    What about using one tap to go from inbox to unread, to flagged? In this way you are free to use gestures on any single mail
    Hopefully this is not too annoying, but I'm not sure I understand. A single tap on a message, opens that message. Scrolling left or right, causes the pivot control to move to a new page. Both of these are similar to the native email client. Removing the pivot control (thus freeing up the left/right gestures) is a possibility, but I'm not sure how happy the WP crowd would be with that, given how extensively this is used in apps.
    10-20-2013 11:11 PM
    Cool! Thanks for the tip, I'll keep comments coming (if any) on the forum. Really look forward to having this replacing the native mail app.

P.S. just downloaded the 1.0.3 version btw
    10-20-2013 11:55 PM
    Hopefully this is not too annoying, but I'm not sure I understand. A single tap on a message, opens that message. Scrolling left or right, causes the pivot control to move to a new page. Both of these are similar to the native email client. Removing the pivot control (thus freeing up the left/right gestures) is a possibility, but I'm not sure how happy the WP crowd would be with that, given how extensively this is used in apps.
    The behaviour i'm trying to explain is already implemented in Sparrow, take a look at this video at 2.02

10-21-2013 12:26 AM
    App is working pretty perfectly for me so far, as far as sending/receiving emails and sorting through the various labels. I haven't had a chance to mess around with handling attachments yet (I have version 1.0.3 atm), but I am hoping to see the ability to actually include them myself when composing a new email. I hope to see the live tile issue worked out soon, too, since it's kinda annoying that I can't get rid of the perpetual 99 on the icon. Apparently, that's coming eventually though, right? I read as much in the update email, I think.

Otherwise, it's excellent! I also can't wait to be able to fully replace the native mail app with this when possible, haha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-21-2013 01:56 PM
    I really want to be part of this beta. I sent you a pm with my live ID. I get tired of having to refresh my Gmail. I want push!
    10-21-2013 07:41 PM
    We will be launching push notifications this week and need as many people as possible for testing. Up you go! :)
    RodimusMajor and jgeiger312 like this.
    10-23-2013 01:43 PM
    Definitely waiting for the push notifs
    10-23-2013 02:22 PM
    Awesome! Can't wait to see push up and running soon.
    10-23-2013 03:02 PM
    This looks gooooood!!!
    10-24-2013 10:39 AM
    Been playing around with this for a few minutes, and noticed thatthe keyboard behaves a tad strangely within the message body.
    I started typing "Thanks", but finished by selecting "Thanks" from the suggestions. The result was "TThanks".

Haven't seen this in other applications.

(oh, and I'm using 0.1.7)
    10-24-2013 08:30 PM
    I got an email saying that push notifications were ready, but I couldn't find the update on the store when I followed the link from the old emails. Is it not up yet or something?
    10-26-2013 04:42 PM
    I got an email saying that push notifications were ready, but I couldn't find the update on the store when I followed the link from the old emails. Is it not up yet or something?
    It takes some time for the app to propagate through all of Microsoft servers. Please try again in 30-60mins. I can already see some other users using the service.
    10-26-2013 05:39 PM
    Alright, it works fine now. Thanks, friend! I've already been getting email notifications from it with no issues so far, I'm confident enough to replace the native mail app with it on my Start Screen.
    apoelin likes this.
    10-26-2013 06:21 PM
    A new update just came through for it and now the live tile seems to not work.

EDIT: Okay, what seems to be happening now is that it freezes whenever I try to alter the settings for the live tile.
    Last edited by RodimusMajor; 10-30-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    10-30-2013 11:02 AM
    how to get this wonderful app?
    10-30-2013 11:18 AM
    A new update just came through for it and now the live tile seems to not work.

EDIT: Okay, what seems to be happening now is that it freezes whenever I try to alter the settings for the live tile.
    Server is not yet as stable as we want it to be, so expect issues for another couple of days. The problem should be restored now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    10-30-2013 01:50 PM
    Been playing around with this for a few minutes, and noticed thatthe keyboard behaves a tad strangely within the message body.
    I started typing "Thanks", but finished by selecting "Thanks" from the suggestions. The result was "TThanks".

Haven't seen this in other applications.

(oh, and I'm using 0.1.7)
    Fixed in 0.1.9!
    10-30-2013 01:55 PM
    All WP8 users are now welcome to join us. The restriction for GDR2 and up has now been removed.
    10-30-2013 01:55 PM
    Server is not yet as stable as we want it to be, so expect issues for another couple of days. The problem should be restored now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    wait what info is on your servers?
    10-30-2013 02:30 PM
    wait what info is on your servers?
    If you enable push notifications? Your email and authorization token (no password). If you don't enable this functionality, then nothing. Everything is transmitted between the device and our servers using 2048-bit encryption

If it helps at all to put any concerns at ease, you can take a look at MetroTalk. I don't think there has been a single complaint over the last 1.5 years regarding someone's credentials.
    10-30-2013 02:37 PM
    I can't get my live tile to activate. It just keeps saying please wait
    10-30-2013 02:56 PM
230 1234 ...