05-12-2015 01:08 PM
230 ... 45678 ...
tools
    please add English(India) in supporting language as English(UK) & English(US) are not much same as our tone or not giving satisfaction as all speaking search something else, so again I came back to English(India).
    So please add English(India) in supporting language
    I was under the impression that the current implementation supported whatever language was specified by the phone. To be honest though, I haven't tested it in any language other than US English. I will look into it, thanks.
    12-09-2013 10:45 AM
    Is support for non-Gmail IMAP accounts planned in the future?

The default email client is very lacking :/
    12-13-2013 04:04 PM
    Is support for non-Gmail IMAP accounts planned in the future?

The default email client is very lacking :/
    To be honest, I've been considering it, but there hasn't been a final decision yet. Out of curiosity, what would you improve over the native client, for IMAP accounts?
    12-13-2013 05:09 PM
    To be honest, I've been considering it, but there hasn't been a final decision yet. Out of curiosity, what would you improve over the native client, for IMAP accounts?
    This is what I consider broken on the stock IMAP client:

- Push notifications: maybe you need to do IMAP idle on a server for that? Not really important for me, but would surely attract some users.
    - IMAP flags: "Answered" (reply arrow) and "Flagged" (stars in Gmail). They are standard to the protocol but not implemented in the native client.
    - Drafts: drafts aren't synced to/from the server, only saved locally.
    - Spam folder: this isn't available at all. No option to mark messages as spam either.
    - Custom folders: the default client is horrible at this. You can send email and will be synced to a "Sent Items" folder, no matter if your server uses "Sent" or other name. Same happens with Trash folder: phone uses "Deleted Items", no matter where your trash is in the server and doesn't let you configure it. I documented this today, if you want to get more detail on it.

To be honest, looks like the guys who programmed the stock IMAP client are all using Exchange and just needed to get the work done. The app for me was "read-only" until I did the workaround to at least, get the sent emails uploaded to the server.
    Arpit Mittal and apoelin like this.
    12-13-2013 05:41 PM
    Only 30 days left for trial after latest update 1.2.2.0.
    Please change your decision (as i have don't credit or debit card, no purchase via carrier bill, from INDIA)
    12-20-2013 10:48 AM
    Beautiful UI. I wish Outlook looked as good as this.
    apoelin likes this.
    12-20-2013 11:03 AM
    Only 30 days left for trial after latest update 1.2.2.0.
    Please change your decision (as i have don't credit or debit card, no purchase via carrier bill, from INDIA)

What exactly do you mean..?
    12-20-2013 11:06 AM
    My bad for the confusion; sorry. The latest update deployed to beta users mentions a "trial" version that is about to expired. That's just for testing the code for the upcoming free/30-day trial version. The beta version will be updated again well before that for removing that expiration. I've been meaning to send out an email, but I delayed it for this morning.
    12-20-2013 11:09 AM
    update your latest metromail beta app (1.2.2.0) & check
    What exactly do you mean..?
    12-20-2013 11:32 AM
    thanks for reply & removing confusion also
    My bad for the confusion; sorry. The latest update deployed to beta users mentions a "trial" version that is about to expired. That's just for testing the code for the upcoming free/30-day trial version. The beta version will be updated again well before that for removing that expiration. I've been meaning to send out an email, but I delayed it for this morning.
    12-20-2013 11:35 AM
    Just bought the app. Very nice job with it though performance is a little sluggish. I also have concerns about security since this is a third party app handling sensitive information. You mention using encrypted tokens on your server for notifications, can those tokens be used to access our information should your servers be breached by a hacker?

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 5150 Joker; 12-20-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    12-20-2013 05:17 PM
    When we can attach file from office, adobe reader in sent mail?
    Last edited by Arpit Mittal; 12-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    12-21-2013 10:31 PM
    When we can attach file from office, adobe reader in sent mail?
    WP doesn't support this. The best I can do (eventually) is attaching from SkyDrive.
    12-22-2013 01:17 AM
    Just bought the app. Very nice job with it though performance is a little sluggish. I also have concerns about security since this is a third party app handling sensitive information. You mention using encrypted tokens on your server for notifications, can those tokens be used to access our information should your servers be breached by a hacker?

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    I would be happy to go into more detailed technical discussion about security if you want; just shoot me an email. If it helps at all, I'll just note that over the almost 2 years that we've been running MetroTalk, we haven't had a single security incident reported.

To answer your question: yes, the tokens can be used for accessing data from the account. The good news is that those tokens cannot be used for altering security settings of the account (e.g. changing the password). Also those token can be invalidated at any time either by us, or when the user let's say changes his/her password. We have been following all security best practices regarding how the data is stored on the server and how that server can be accessed. Also the transfer of data between your device and the server is as secure as any communication with your online bank.
    12-22-2013 01:25 AM
    any possibility of user re-ordering of labels, reason i ask is when i add a label, for example the new 'unread' label, it appears first in the list, so that when i launch metromail, it goes to that first, i would want inbox as my first view.
    androidtoWM likes this.
    12-24-2013 03:19 AM
    any possibility of user re-ordering of labels, reason i ask is when i add a label, for example the new 'unread' label, it appears first in the list, so that when i launch metromail, it goes to that first, i would want inbox as my first view.
    I'll try to have this out in the next couple of days.
    Qtweeder and androidtoWM like this.
    12-24-2013 11:34 AM
    I have a mail in my inbox with 2 images to download as I forwarded (or send this mail) mail, mail is forwarded but after that I open that mail, then mail is not opening and this is coming
    so my question is why this is coming & If I am wrong please correct me.
    Waiting for apoelin's reply
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140110_0004.png  
    01-10-2014 06:55 AM
    I have a mail in my inbox with 2 images to download as I forwarded (or send this mail) mail, mail is forwarded but after that I open that mail, then mail is not opening and this is coming
    so my question is why this is coming & If I am wrong please correct me.
    Waiting for apoelin's reply
    Can you please update to beta 1.3.0.4? It just went live now. Is the error still around?
    01-10-2014 04:37 PM
    But I deleted that sent mail from trash also after that no problem
    Can you please update to beta 1.3.0.4? It just went live now. Is the error still around?
    01-10-2014 04:47 PM
    Hey, apoelin
    I just downloaded 1.3.0.5 metromail beta today, but I think it has bug as it continuously downloading data even no mail, no refresh.
    May be I am wrong, please remove the bug.
    Thanks in advance
    01-12-2014 10:19 PM
    Hey, apoelin
    I just downloaded 1.3.0.5 metromail beta today, but I think it has bug as it continuously downloading data even no mail, no refresh.
    May be I am wrong, please remove the bug.
    Thanks in advance
    1.3.0.6 was submitted just now; sorry! Fwiw, inbox categories (e.g. Primary, Social, etc) are not affected by this.
    01-13-2014 12:29 AM
    Every time I open the app, it keeps telling me that a new version is available, but when I hit the notification, there's no update in the store. And it seems that the version I have is several decimals behind the current iteration. What's going on?
    01-13-2014 11:14 AM
    I have a problem with both the live tile and toasts.
    When I switch live tile on, if I go back into metromail, it is switched off again.
    If I try to turn toast notification on, they immediately turn off again.

Any ideas?
    01-13-2014 11:20 AM
    Every time I open the app, it keeps telling me that a new version is available, but when I hit the notification, there's no update in the store. And it seems that the version I have is several decimals behind the current iteration. What's going on?
    Is that the beta or the public version? If it's the beta, you should be able to see 1.3.0.5 and soon 1.3.0.6 listed here: MetroMail Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). Is that not the case for you?
    01-13-2014 11:52 AM
    I have a problem with both the live tile and toasts.
    When I switch live tile on, if I go back into metromail, it is switched off again.
    If I try to turn toast notification on, they immediately turn off again.

Any ideas?
    Please send me an email about this (settings -> about -> contact us). Thanks!
    01-13-2014 11:54 AM
230 ... 45678 ...