05-12-2015 01:08 PM
230 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Is that the beta or the public version? If it's the beta, you should be able to see 1.3.0.5 and soon 1.3.0.6 listed here: MetroMail Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). Is that not the case for you?
    It is the beta, yes. I haven't checked in a while, but I'll try now to see if the new version comes up.
    01-13-2014 12:00 PM
    I followed the link and instead of an update, it allowed me to somehow install the app twice. Now it's bugging out every time I try to change the order of my labels.
    01-13-2014 12:05 PM
    I followed the link and instead of an update, it allowed me to somehow install the app twice. Now it's bugging out every time I try to change the order of my labels.
    An email was sent a few weeks ago saying that the old beta store listing would stop being updated, due to a 3-month limitation imposed by Microsoft on beta apps. The link I attached in my last reply was included in that email, and it was recommended to uninstall the existing beta app, and install this one. This 3-month limitation has been removed from the newest beta.

If you are running into issues, please send us feedback through settings -> about -> contact us. That's what a beta is for anyway :)
    01-13-2014 12:08 PM
    I sent an email after downloading the latest version. It still doesn't want to let me turn on notifications; it keeps saying "an unknown error has occurred".

EDIT: Never mind, it works now. It went back to normal after I added it to the lock screen.
    Last edited by RodimusMajor; 01-13-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    01-13-2014 12:56 PM
    hello, when I am trying to download app, still I do not have a permission. Can you help me?
    01-15-2014 06:09 AM
    metromail beta, the latest version, for the last few days, on my 920 refuses to show live tile or toast notifications etc, with emails, its mostly always worked fine, but now i dont get notified, have unchecked all the settings, exited, and re-applied them, but nothing. - i haven't changed anything my end, any ideas how to get notified about mail again?
    01-17-2014 06:17 AM
    metromail beta, the latest version, for the last few days, on my 920 refuses to show live tile or toast notifications etc, with emails, its mostly always worked fine, but now i dont get notified, have unchecked all the settings, exited, and re-applied them, but nothing. - i haven't changed anything my end, any ideas how to get notified about mail again?
    Can you please email me the Gmail address that you use with the app?
    01-17-2014 11:16 AM
    hello, when I am trying to download app, still I do not have a permission. Can you help me?
    Are you registered for the beta program? If so, please send me an email so we can figure this out. If you are not part of the beta program, you can try the app for free for 30 days, starting yesterday: MetroMail | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    01-17-2014 11:17 AM
    edit: found it
    how do i find your email?
    01-17-2014 11:28 AM
    any luck sorting the issue?
    01-19-2014 09:55 AM
    any luck sorting the issue?
    Can you try it now please?
    Qtweeder likes this.
    01-19-2014 12:30 PM
    working! :)
    01-19-2014 12:43 PM
    Notifications stopped working again today for some reason. Live tile turns itself off whenever I try to turn it on, and toast notifications refuse to turn on altogether.
    01-23-2014 06:21 PM
    Notifications stopped working again today for some reason. Live tile turns itself off whenever I try to turn it on, and toast notifications refuse to turn on altogether.
    Is that fixed now? Amazon has been giving us some issue lately. We had to do a reboot to the servers, which meant a downtime of about 30mins. That's how long the outage should had been. Let me know if that's not the case.
    01-24-2014 12:08 PM
    What about custom notification sound for MetroMail?

as from GDR3 every app can make an option for users to select a custom notification sound (also coming soon to WhatsApp).
    01-29-2014 04:22 AM
    i am not sure if you mean custom, as in select your own....but metromail now allows you to select a sound file, from a selection of files that are pre-chosen by the dev.
    01-29-2014 08:34 AM
    what is the actually meaning of background sync, I don't understand, anyone pleas explain
    if I don't allow background sync (off) then I will get mail or not??
    as I am happy with notifications with last version
    01-29-2014 09:10 AM
    What about custom notification sound for MetroMail?

as from GDR3 every app can make an option for users to select a custom notification sound (also coming soon to WhatsApp).
    That's coming next week. You are only going to be able to select an alert sound, out of a list of sounds supplied by the app. In fact, you can select a different alert for each of your email accounts.
    01-29-2014 11:16 AM
    i am not sure if you mean custom, as in select your own....but metromail now allows you to select a sound file, from a selection of files that are pre-chosen by the dev.
    Only in the beta :) Hitting the store hopefully next week. I assume the OP was referring to the public version.
    01-29-2014 11:16 AM
    what is the actually meaning of background sync, I don't understand, anyone pleas explain
    if I don't allow background sync (off) then I will get mail or not??
    as I am happy with notifications with last version
    If you leave it off, the app will work exactly as it works now. If you enable it, it will be the case that occasionally, newly received emails will be pre-downloaded for you when you launch the app.
    Qtweeder and Arpit Mittal like this.
    01-29-2014 11:17 AM
    Joined...

Sent from my RM-825_eu_italy_232 using Tapatalk
    01-29-2014 12:13 PM
    That's coming next week. You are only going to be able to select an alert sound, out of a list of sounds supplied by the app. In fact, you can select a different alert for each of your email accounts.
    will we be able to select a specific notification? i mean if i add a notification sound to the phone itself and it appears on my notification files list, will it also appear in the app sound list?
    01-30-2014 03:22 AM
    will we be able to select a specific notification? i mean if i add a notification sound to the phone itself and it appears on my notification files list, will it also appear in the app sound list?
    For now, it is only possible to select one of 10 pre-defined alert sounds. Just curious: are you aware of third-party apps that do what you suggested?
    01-30-2014 02:56 PM
    As I understand this feature is coming to whatsapp (already in beta) and we will choose notification from the phone sound directory.
    01-30-2014 04:00 PM
    Version 1.4 submitted for approval:

- New: Added ability to select a custom notification sound for each account (GDR3 only)
    - New: SkyDrive support for sending attachments
    - New: Memory optimizations for low-memory devices
    - New: Recently received emails are downloaded every 30 mins in the background (requires fast connection)
    - New: Added notification prompt for new categorized emails
    - New: It is now possible to refresh labels by shaking your device
    - Update: UI improvements
    - Update: Improved speed and stability when opening large threads
    - Fix: A prompt for re-authorizing an account no longer resets any custom label configuration
    - Fix: Automatic refreshing is now correctly triggered when the app is launched from a notification
    - Fix: The "Download entire message" button is now working again
    - Fix: Resolved issue with Message IDs and email replies
    02-03-2014 05:08 PM
230 ... 56789 ...