05-12-2015 01:08 PM
230 ... 78910
tools
    Same problem here on a Lumia820. Any ideas of what might cause this?
    Same here, & message to developer and waiting for reply.
    09-30-2014 10:33 PM
    Same here, & message to developer and waiting for reply.
    Please let us know if you find something out :)
    10-03-2014 01:38 PM
    i recently installed Metro Mail. I can't enable the live tile function in the settings, it just keeps saying unknown error occurred.

any ideas how to fix this?
    10-15-2014 04:06 PM
    I gave up on MetroMail, from being unable to set the live tile functions, to categories resetting when you switch to a different email account, to email not syncing, etc. It used to be such a good app and I swear with every update it got worse.
    10-15-2014 04:36 PM
    I gave up on MetroMail, from being unable to set the live tile functions, to categories resetting when you switch to a different email account, to email not syncing, etc. It used to be such a good app and I swear with every update it got worse.
    Thought it was just me. My live tile stopped working as well and will not reactivate with the unknown error too. This is so frustrating.
    10-22-2014 06:30 PM
    I got reply from developer as he I saying" he is too busy in job & country changes & unexpected life changes. Next month he will update app for bug fixes'
    10-22-2014 11:20 PM
    I got reply from developer as he I saying" he is too busy in job & country changes & unexpected life changes. Next month he will update app for bug fixes'
    Thanks for the update!

Does anyone here have a substitute for email on windows phone?
    10-23-2014 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the update!

Does anyone here have a substitute for email on windows phone?
    May be you try 1mail, in between this app will remove bugs & fix errors
    10-31-2014 04:31 PM
    I was having hard time setting up live tile and popup notification for past few days. Today, I tried again all my accounts were configured without any "unknown error" message. However, I noticed, popup notification/Action center notification works only one gmail account. Other accounts are not pushing any notifications including outlook accounts. Hope DEV will solve this irritating issue soon!
    10-31-2014 04:38 PM
    I was having hard time setting up live tile and popup notification for past few days. Today, I tried again all my accounts were configured without any "unknown error" message. However, I noticed, popup notification/Action center notification works only one gmail account. Other accounts are not pushing any notifications including outlook accounts. Hope DEV will solve this irritating issue soon!
    You are using metromail app in which one account is free and for addition of more accounts you have to buy app, but there is bug in app, with 2 or more accounts. Now we can't purchase app, due to its bug.

P.S. I am using metromail beta app in which we can added many accounts, but now due to its bug we don't getting live tile notifications etc.
    Last edited by Arpit Mittal; 11-10-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: now in metromail, we can open 2 or more accounts without purchase, due to bug or whatever, I didn't know
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    10-31-2014 04:58 PM
    There was an update in the windows store for me and when I installed it live tile setup now works.
    10-31-2014 05:43 PM
    May be you try 1mail, in between this app will remove bugs & fix errors
    Thanks will try 1mail tonight.

metromail is having problems again.
    11-04-2014 08:10 PM
    I'm not getting notifications from metromail. Has been like that for a while now. When I try to turn on notifications in settings (within the app), I get a "an unknown error has occurred" error message.
    11-04-2014 08:15 PM
    Ah, so it's not just me! :) never really got into it to much then all the tile errors... Sigh
    The standard mail apps are pretty good though, just needs GAL on Gmail... It's why I was looking at other option like metro mail that could do it
    11-08-2014 04:37 AM
    Uninstalled then reinstalled. Works now.
    11-09-2014 09:51 PM
    You are using metromail app in which one account is free and for addition of more accounts you have to buy app, but there is bug in app, with 2 or more accounts. Now we can't purchase app, due to its bug.

P.S. I am using metromail beta app in which we can added many accounts, but now due to its bug we don't getting live tile notifications etc.
    I am receiving notifications for two accounts(both for Gmail). I have other accounts too that belong to Outlook. I was able to set up notification settings for those Outlook accounts but never received any. If DEV wants us to buy the app to receive the notifications for more than two accounts, he shouldn't have allowed us to set notifications for Outlook accounts at first place. Any thoughts?
    11-10-2014 09:37 AM
    So, I have the update, and i no longer get the error, but I'm not actually getting a live tile or notifications. Is this happening to anyone else. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, no change. Developer has not been responsive to e-mails.
    11-14-2014 02:04 PM
    My app is working and I received an email from the developer. Below:

" I had to take a long break from mobile app development over the last several weeks. MetroMail is a one-person project, thus that effectively meant suspending any work for the app. During that time, the notification system ran into several issues, and that is the reason for the problems that you have experienced.

The good news is that I am hoping to return back to developing soon."
    11-15-2014 01:51 AM
    One of the best mail client available on store.
    11-15-2014 03:03 AM
    Yup it is best mail app in WP store.
    One more bug then it will be perfect no same alert tones getting in app itself.
    11-21-2014 03:04 PM
    Having a play around with Metromail. All seemed good until i checked the 'sent' folder. Unfortunately, it shows the sender 'me' and not the recipient.
    Anyone know a fix for this?
    If not, it will have to go and i'll revert back to the default mail app which shows things correctly.
    11-21-2014 06:30 PM
    Ugh. I think this last update broke SMTP for me. I noticed in the change log the dev did some SSL changes. I'm guessing that's it. Bother. :|

So my problem appears to be I am unable to set the outgoing SSL SMTP port to 465. It must be 587 or the configure won't save, it simply spins on "please wait..." Unfortunately, my email host only uses 465 so I'm stuck.
    Last edited by phelme; 11-25-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    11-22-2014 05:29 PM
    Thanks for posting this, I've been trying to add an account using the SMTP 465 port and thought it's a problem with my server/mail provider, now I see it's not that.

This is obviously a MetroMail issue, since this same account can send mail normally via the Windows Phone built-in Mail application . I just so like MetroMail that I would like to use it for all my emails.... Hope he fixes this soon!
    11-26-2014 04:41 AM
    UPDATE: After my last post, I wrote to the creator of the MetroMail about this issue with the outgoing mail port (I used the email link from within the app) and there was an update 3.4.1. published for MetroMail like a day after with the only change in the changelog being the fix for this issue. Now, that's a VERY quick response, very nice!

Please note: after updating to 3.4.1. I tried using the 465 SMTP port (which my server's imap is using) and this again gave me the same "neverending saving" issue. What I did then was to leave the port on the default, 587 port, just to see what will happen, AND what do you know, this actually worked for me! I don't know how, or why, but it does. So now, I have my own domain/server IMAP email working normally on MetroMail! :)
    12-01-2014 05:16 AM
    reinstalling it again.. hopefully I have notification in 2 gmail accounts properly again. It all stopped working a while ago. I bought the app
    12-01-2014 02:52 PM
230 ... 78910