[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks Great....`1 question.......when i delete an email on this app, will it be able to delete from the server as well?I use GMAIL
THANKSATOOMUCH!
Definitely! Every action performed within the app is synced with the server.

Any chance to implement "swipe to delete" or "swipe to archive"? :eek:rly:
I have been thinking about this, but it is not clear how to implement it, given the fact that the app also uses a pivot control (the swipe gestures would conflict). One alternative I've been considering is providing a quick action menu on double-tap. Expect more news on this soon.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
It says I have not the privilege to download the beta.
I am running gdr3 developpers preview.
Is that the problem?
GDR3 shouldn't be a problem. As announced on the mailing list, please make sure to email me the address you use on the Windows Phone store, so I can grant you download access. If you sent your email today, give it a couple of more hours, and try downloading again. If the problem persists after that, please let me know.

Despina Delanu

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking about this, but it is not clear how to implement it, given the fact that the app also uses a pivot control (the swipe gestures would conflict). One alternative I've been considering is providing a quick action menu on double-tap. Expect more news on this soon.

What about using one tap to go from inbox to unread, to flagged? In this way you are free to use gestures on any single mail

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! using the app for a day or so now, so far so good.
The feature that I miss the most is when typing on the address, wish it can auto-complete with Gmail and hotmail contacts/history.
Also saving as drafts and signatures option are also much needed

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Also it seems like when I do searches it only search it till somewhere around August. Would be nice if it can keep searching for mails from all time.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback; it is greatly appreciated! Regarding your first post, you may want to keep an eye out for more updates by Monday night (fingers crossed); version 1.0.3 just went live now. Regarding the search issue, that seems to be a bug, but I'll need to look more into it. Also, if you don't mind, please use this in the future for posting feedback: Idea Informer ? Feedback 2.0. It would be great if I can keep everything in one place.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What about using one tap to go from inbox to unread, to flagged? In this way you are free to use gestures on any single mail
Hopefully this is not too annoying, but I'm not sure I understand. A single tap on a message, opens that message. Scrolling left or right, causes the pivot control to move to a new page. Both of these are similar to the native email client. Removing the pivot control (thus freeing up the left/right gestures) is a possibility, but I'm not sure how happy the WP crowd would be with that, given how extensively this is used in apps.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool! Thanks for the tip, I'll keep comments coming (if any) on the forum. Really look forward to having this replacing the native mail app.

P.S. just downloaded the 1.0.3 version btw

Despina Delanu

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this is not too annoying, but I'm not sure I understand. A single tap on a message, opens that message. Scrolling left or right, causes the pivot control to move to a new page. Both of these are similar to the native email client. Removing the pivot control (thus freeing up the left/right gestures) is a possibility, but I'm not sure how happy the WP crowd would be with that, given how extensively this is used in apps.

The behaviour i'm trying to explain is already implemented in Sparrow, take a look at this video at 2.02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gW8iIMcx9w

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
App is working pretty perfectly for me so far, as far as sending/receiving emails and sorting through the various labels. I haven't had a chance to mess around with handling attachments yet (I have version 1.0.3 atm), but I am hoping to see the ability to actually include them myself when composing a new email. I hope to see the live tile issue worked out soon, too, since it's kinda annoying that I can't get rid of the perpetual 99 on the icon. Apparently, that's coming eventually though, right? I read as much in the update email, I think.

Otherwise, it's excellent! I also can't wait to be able to fully replace the native mail app with this when possible, haha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Been playing around with this for a few minutes, and noticed thatthe keyboard behaves a tad strangely within the message body.
I started typing "Thanks", but finished by selecting "Thanks" from the suggestions. The result was "TThanks".

Haven't seen this in other applications.

(oh, and I'm using 0.1.7)

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I got an email saying that push notifications were ready, but I couldn't find the update on the store when I followed the link from the old emails. Is it not up yet or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss