[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I got an email saying that push notifications were ready, but I couldn't find the update on the store when I followed the link from the old emails. Is it not up yet or something?
It takes some time for the app to propagate through all of Microsoft servers. Please try again in 30-60mins. I can already see some other users using the service.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Alright, it works fine now. Thanks, friend! I've already been getting email notifications from it with no issues so far, I'm confident enough to replace the native mail app with it on my Start Screen.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
A new update just came through for it and now the live tile seems to not work.

EDIT: Okay, what seems to be happening now is that it freezes whenever I try to alter the settings for the live tile.

Last edited:

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
A new update just came through for it and now the live tile seems to not work.

EDIT: Okay, what seems to be happening now is that it freezes whenever I try to alter the settings for the live tile.
Server is not yet as stable as we want it to be, so expect issues for another couple of days. The problem should be restored now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Been playing around with this for a few minutes, and noticed thatthe keyboard behaves a tad strangely within the message body.
I started typing "Thanks", but finished by selecting "Thanks" from the suggestions. The result was "TThanks".

Haven't seen this in other applications.

(oh, and I'm using 0.1.7)

Fixed in 0.1.9!

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
wait what info is on your servers?
If you enable push notifications? Your email and authorization token (no password). If you don't enable this functionality, then nothing. Everything is transmitted between the device and our servers using 2048-bit encryption

If it helps at all to put any concerns at ease, you can take a look at MetroTalk. I don't think there has been a single complaint over the last 1.5 years regarding someone's credentials.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you enable push notifications? Your email and authorization token (no password). If you don't enable this functionality, then nothing. Everything is transmitted between the device and our servers using 2048-bit encryption

If it helps at all to put any concerns at ease, you can take a look at MetroTalk. I don't think there has been a single complaint over the last 1.5 years regarding someone's credentials.
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation :D

Rakeshlumia

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Attachment is the most important feature here...I mean while replying to already opened email.. This app should have capability to attach files ( not 1 attachment per email should have more than one attachments is needed )

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am from INDIA. when I downloading app this is coming " You don't have the required permissions to download this app. " I have joined the group.
why????????

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am from INDIA. when I downloading app this is coming " You don't have the required permissions to download this app. " I have joined the group.
why????????

Give some time to dev. He will add you to the beta list. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours for refresh.

Fired from my Lumia 820

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Attachment is the most important feature here...I mean while replying to already opened email.. This app should have capability to attach files ( not 1 attachment per email should have more than one attachments is needed )
The OS itself doesn't have a file picker. As far as I know, you cannot pick arbitrary files in any app for whatever reason (correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm not sure how attaching files would work in this app. Maybe some sort of integration with SkyDrive/Google Drive would be possible, but it's not clear whether the benefit and ease of use of that, would be worth the development time.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The OS itself doesn't have a file picker. As far as I know, you cannot pick arbitrary files in any app for whatever reason (correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm not sure how attaching files would work in this app. Maybe some sort of integration with SkyDrive/Google Drive would be possible, but it's not clear whether the benefit and ease of use of that, would be worth the development time.

checkout mail plus app from Quick solutions. It has the ability to attach files from phone, SkyDrive and even from inbox mails. Its the only app of its kind Imo.

Fired from my Lumia 820

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I download this beta version app, now one more question this app will automatic update via store or if not then what is the procedure?
The store icon will notify you for updates like any other app you have installed. Alternatively, you can manually visit the download link and hit "update" whenever you receive an email about a new version getting release, if you don't want to wait for the live tile to automatically update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99