[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
just missed something i used in the original wp8 mail client, that i forgot when i posted before, you know there is an 'Unread' section at the top you can just swipe to the side to view all of the unread messages, which is handy to quickly declutter the view and show you whats unseen, if theres a possibility of something similar to quickly switch view in metromail to unread - that would be sweet!!!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
well, today after update, no toasts / audio notifications for mail, was all working perfectly yesterday!

edit:, thats cause the update had turned off toasts in the settings :)

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
well, today after update, no toasts / audio notifications for mail, was all working perfectly yesterday!

edit:, thats cause the update had turned off toasts in the settings :)

Sorry about that! To be honest, it seems that I have messed up a couple of things with the last update :/ Expect another one by the end of the day today. Hopefully we are super close to v1.0 though. Thanks for the understanding :)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks for new update, but these updates (even latest one) will insist on turning off the toast notifications settings each time, but now i know, i check each time and turn it back on :)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
several times a day, the choice for turning on toast notifications, mysteriously turns itself off in the app, i go and turn it back on, works for a bit then unchecks itself! - i wonder who will win? :)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
a nice touch for future releases would be to include a privacy option for the toast notifications, an option you could check that would simply deliver a more generic toast, rather than displaying subject and sender etc, as sometimes this can be too much information when you are at a table and the screen comes on with the toast there for all to see. :)

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Now that the public version is out, will the beta version become it or will we need to separately download the new one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Now that the public version is out, will the beta version become it or will we need to separately download the new one?

wondering too... Do we still get updates or it will have to be paid version? Just wondering, i don't think i would mind spending a buck on this great app

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

The beta version will continue being updated, and remain either on the same level, or one step ahead of the public releases.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the public release but I have trouble with live tile. I cant switch live tile on, neither toast notifications (as they are linked). It's giving me a "push notifications error". I reinstalled, restarted the phone... Nothing helped.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a black screen that just says "resuming" Been like that for 15 minutes. Nothing seems to work.
While on the "resuming..." page, repeatedly hit the back button. After a few attempts, the app will exit.

I apologize for the inconvenience! We are currently not sure about what's causing this bug. In the first update coming by the end of this week, we will allow exiting the app with a single tap of the back button, for situations similar to the one you describe, and until we solve this. Please note that even when this happens, the app should be perfectly functional when you restart it (as described earlier), and the live tile should work throughout all of this process.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The font in this app is too small for me to read. I don't have great eyes but they are not terrible. Unfortunately, the only way I can use this app is if there is a setting to increase the font. The current way of going into each email and increasing size of font is inadequate for someone like myself who gets a lot of emails.

Ricardo Kleemann

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought the app, on my Nokia 1020.

I'm not able to get the selection boxes to work. any time I attempt to check any of the selection boxes (to delete for example), the boxes immediately go away. There's no way for me to do multiple selection of messages. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99