[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
While on the "resuming..." page, repeatedly hit the back button. After a few attempts, the app will exit.

I apologize for the inconvenience! We are currently not sure about what's causing this bug. In the first update coming by the end of this week, we will allow exiting the app with a single tap of the back button, for situations similar to the one you describe, and until we solve this. Please note that even when this happens, the app should be perfectly functional when you restart it (as described earlier), and the live tile should work throughout all of this process.

I've the toast notification turned on but everytime the app is updated, it turns off itself. can you fix it ? would be nice if it remembers my setting.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've bought the app and I like it a lot. It's much better than the stock app.

However, I feel that sometimes, when I receive an email I don't have any notification (sound or vibration). Some other times it works fine.

And another question, is it possible to control the refresh interval? Is it supposed to be pushed by default?

Thanks for the replies I will get :)

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The font in this app is too small for me to read. I don't have great eyes but they are not terrible. Unfortunately, the only way I can use this app is if there is a setting to increase the font. The current way of going into each email and increasing size of font is inadequate for someone like myself who gets a lot of emails.
The next update which should be released early next week, includes a "display density" option, to solve the exact problem you are describing.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought the app, on my Nokia 1020.

I'm not able to get the selection boxes to work. any time I attempt to check any of the selection boxes (to delete for example), the boxes immediately go away. There's no way for me to do multiple selection of messages. :-(
Unfortunately there is a bug that went unnoticed while releasing 1.0.1. More specifically, if you have dark theme selected for your device, and the light background in MetroMail, the checkboxes don?t show up. If you disable the light background, or switch your phone to a light theme, then they should appear again. Please note that they are actually there, and you can in fact select messages and perform actions on them. The problem is simply the color of the checkmark.

An update is coming early next week, for addressing this. We apologize for the inconvenience!

MartVisser

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Bought the app a few days ago, its nice to finally have a full featured GMail client on WP8 :)
Just installed version 1.1, nice work!

Couple of points for feedback though, hopefully it'll help you improve the app even further ;)
- The order of the labels (tabs): I can't find a way to change the order of the labels which I enable under "manage labels", when i start the app it always start at the enabled label which is highest in the list, but i would like to just view my inbox at start up. Would be nice to enable something like drag and drop in the "manage labels" list, to choose a certain preferred order.
- Speed: The interface is sort of lagging a bit. When I click the back button the controls at the bottom appear, and little time after that the screen gets updated (list of messages). Same goes for left/right swiping between labels/folders sometimes, it's strange because it doesn't happen all the time tough... I run MetroMail on a Samsung ATIV S by the way.
- Last updated message: Maybe its an idea to put the last updated line above the list of messages in the "pull to refresh" drop down part, so its only visible when you drag the list down a bit. This gives additional space for the content on the screen :)
- Current account: The current used account is shown in blue in the upper right corner, for people that only use one account it might be an idea to put this in the menu at the bottom, to make more space for content on the main screen.
- Margin/spacing on labels: Maybe add some more (horizontal) spacing to the labels that are enable under "manage labels" and visible in the navigation bar above the list of messages. Might even be an idea to remove the background color there, because it is visible on all the mails that are in the list anyway. I do really like the colored labels in the mail list by the way! Makes it easy to recognize them, when being used to GMail on the desktop.

Hopefully the above feedback is helpful to you! Keep up the good work ;)

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Currently implemented features (available in current beta) for public release 1.2:

- New: Added support for uploading photos
- New: Added support for forwarding attachments from existing emails
- New: Added ability to share photos via the built-in photo viewer
- New: Added support for local drafts
- New: Added night mode option for toast notifications
- New: Added "Mark as spam" functionality
- New: Added "Delete forever" functionality
- New: Added "Recent search results" option
- New: Added option to always bcc self
- Bug: When opening a new thread the last unread email is properly displayed, instead of the last thread email

This is coming hopefully by the end of next week.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've bought the app and I like it a lot. It's much better than the stock app.

However, I feel that sometimes, when I receive an email I don't have any notification (sound or vibration). Some other times it works fine.

And another question, is it possible to control the refresh interval? Is it supposed to be pushed by default?

Thanks for the replies I will get :)

Sorry for the late reply! New emails should be pushed instantly to your device when it is not active. When the app is active, it will only refresh automatically if you have toast notifications enabled in settings (instead of just the live tile). Regarding your problem, do you mind updating to version 1.1, and trying enabling the live tile in settings? If you continue having issues, feel free to email me.

Thanks!

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

Is it possible to add MetroMail to the list of available apps when hitting share from another app. This prevents me from sharing a webpage for exemple using my email account with metromail.

Another issue too, I feel like sometimes the notification sound is missing. Le tile is updated but I get no sound from my phone.

Apart from that I'm enjoying the app!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
is it just for me, that metromail, still, randomly insists on multiple ocasions throughout the day to turn off toast option, quiet time option and signature, keep having to go into settings and turn them on again and again?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
is it just for me, that metromail, still, randomly insists on multiple ocasions throughout the day to turn off toast option, quiet time option and signature, keep having to go into settings and turn them on again and again?
I thought that problem was solved. It sounds like there is more work to do! Can you please email me the Gmail address that you are having these problems with?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to add MetroMail to the list of available apps when hitting share from another app. This prevents me from sharing a webpage for exemple using my email account with metromail.
Unfortunately no. It is only possible to share photos with third-party apps, but integration with a menu like the one in Internet Explorer, is not allowed by Microsoft.

Another issue too, I feel like sometimes the notification sound is missing. Le tile is updated but I get no sound from my phone.
A few others have reported problems about toast notifications (which trigger the sound) randomly turn off. Let me look into this.

Thanks for using the app :)

runcnw

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the voice to text feature....
one slight adjustment...the phone is talking to me repeating what i quoted...Lumia doesnt normally verbally repeat my quotes when texting...can this be muted witin the app?

MEANWHILE THANKS for such quick response!

Last edited:

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
New features are working great, but were the animations for sending and deleting removed?
Yes. The were found to be one of the sources of the dreaded "resuming..." bug, and it was not immediately clear what exactly in that code was causing this. So they have been removed for now, but they will hopefully return soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12