[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
any possibility of user re-ordering of labels, reason i ask is when i add a label, for example the new 'unread' label, it appears first in the list, so that when i launch metromail, it goes to that first, i would want inbox as my first view.

I'll try to have this out in the next couple of days.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a mail in my inbox with 2 images to download as I forwarded (or send this mail) mail, mail is forwarded but after that I open that mail, then mail is not opening and this is coming
so my question is why this is coming & If I am wrong please correct me.
Waiting for apoelin's reply

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140110_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140110_0004.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 2

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a mail in my inbox with 2 images to download as I forwarded (or send this mail) mail, mail is forwarded but after that I open that mail, then mail is not opening and this is coming
so my question is why this is coming & If I am wrong please correct me.
Waiting for apoelin's reply

Can you please update to beta 1.3.0.4? It just went live now. Is the error still around?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, apoelin
I just downloaded 1.3.0.5 metromail beta today, but I think it has bug as it continuously downloading data even no mail, no refresh.
May be I am wrong, please remove the bug.
Thanks in advance

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, apoelin
I just downloaded 1.3.0.5 metromail beta today, but I think it has bug as it continuously downloading data even no mail, no refresh.
May be I am wrong, please remove the bug.
Thanks in advance
1.3.0.6 was submitted just now; sorry! Fwiw, inbox categories (e.g. Primary, Social, etc) are not affected by this.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Every time I open the app, it keeps telling me that a new version is available, but when I hit the notification, there's no update in the store. And it seems that the version I have is several decimals behind the current iteration. What's going on?

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with both the live tile and toasts.
When I switch live tile on, if I go back into metromail, it is switched off again.
If I try to turn toast notification on, they immediately turn off again.

Any ideas?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Every time I open the app, it keeps telling me that a new version is available, but when I hit the notification, there's no update in the store. And it seems that the version I have is several decimals behind the current iteration. What's going on?
Is that the beta or the public version? If it's the beta, you should be able to see 1.3.0.5 and soon 1.3.0.6 listed here: MetroMail Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States). Is that not the case for you?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with both the live tile and toasts.
When I switch live tile on, if I go back into metromail, it is switched off again.
If I try to turn toast notification on, they immediately turn off again.

Any ideas?
Please send me an email about this (settings -> about -> contact us). Thanks!

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I followed the link and instead of an update, it allowed me to somehow install the app twice. Now it's bugging out every time I try to change the order of my labels.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I followed the link and instead of an update, it allowed me to somehow install the app twice. Now it's bugging out every time I try to change the order of my labels.

An email was sent a few weeks ago saying that the old beta store listing would stop being updated, due to a 3-month limitation imposed by Microsoft on beta apps. The link I attached in my last reply was included in that email, and it was recommended to uninstall the existing beta app, and install this one. This 3-month limitation has been removed from the newest beta.

If you are running into issues, please send us feedback through settings -> about -> contact us. That's what a beta is for anyway :)

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I sent an email after downloading the latest version. It still doesn't want to let me turn on notifications; it keeps saying "an unknown error has occurred".

EDIT: Never mind, it works now. It went back to normal after I added it to the lock screen.

Last edited:

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
metromail beta, the latest version, for the last few days, on my 920 refuses to show live tile or toast notifications etc, with emails, its mostly always worked fine, but now i dont get notified, have unchecked all the settings, exited, and re-applied them, but nothing. - i haven't changed anything my end, any ideas how to get notified about mail again?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
metromail beta, the latest version, for the last few days, on my 920 refuses to show live tile or toast notifications etc, with emails, its mostly always worked fine, but now i dont get notified, have unchecked all the settings, exited, and re-applied them, but nothing. - i haven't changed anything my end, any ideas how to get notified about mail again?

Can you please email me the Gmail address that you use with the app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6