[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Notifications stopped working again today for some reason. Live tile turns itself off whenever I try to turn it on, and toast notifications refuse to turn on altogether.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Notifications stopped working again today for some reason. Live tile turns itself off whenever I try to turn it on, and toast notifications refuse to turn on altogether.
Is that fixed now? Amazon has been giving us some issue lately. We had to do a reboot to the servers, which meant a downtime of about 30mins. That's how long the outage should had been. Let me know if that's not the case.

Shahar28

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
What about custom notification sound for MetroMail?

as from GDR3 every app can make an option for users to select a custom notification sound (also coming soon to WhatsApp).

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i am not sure if you mean custom, as in select your own....but metromail now allows you to select a sound file, from a selection of files that are pre-chosen by the dev.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
what is the actually meaning of background sync, I don't understand, anyone pleas explain
if I don't allow background sync (off) then I will get mail or not??
as I am happy with notifications with last version

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What about custom notification sound for MetroMail?

as from GDR3 every app can make an option for users to select a custom notification sound (also coming soon to WhatsApp).

That's coming next week. You are only going to be able to select an alert sound, out of a list of sounds supplied by the app. In fact, you can select a different alert for each of your email accounts.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i am not sure if you mean custom, as in select your own....but metromail now allows you to select a sound file, from a selection of files that are pre-chosen by the dev.

Only in the beta :) Hitting the store hopefully next week. I assume the OP was referring to the public version.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
what is the actually meaning of background sync, I don't understand, anyone pleas explain
if I don't allow background sync (off) then I will get mail or not??
as I am happy with notifications with last version

If you leave it off, the app will work exactly as it works now. If you enable it, it will be the case that occasionally, newly received emails will be pre-downloaded for you when you launch the app.

Shahar28

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
That's coming next week. You are only going to be able to select an alert sound, out of a list of sounds supplied by the app. In fact, you can select a different alert for each of your email accounts.

will we be able to select a specific notification? i mean if i add a notification sound to the phone itself and it appears on my notification files list, will it also appear in the app sound list?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
will we be able to select a specific notification? i mean if i add a notification sound to the phone itself and it appears on my notification files list, will it also appear in the app sound list?

For now, it is only possible to select one of 10 pre-defined alert sounds. Just curious: are you aware of third-party apps that do what you suggested?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.4 submitted for approval:

- New: Added ability to select a custom notification sound for each account (GDR3 only)
- New: SkyDrive support for sending attachments
- New: Memory optimizations for low-memory devices
- New: Recently received emails are downloaded every 30 mins in the background (requires fast connection)
- New: Added notification prompt for new categorized emails
- New: It is now possible to refresh labels by shaking your device
- Update: UI improvements
- Update: Improved speed and stability when opening large threads
- Fix: A prompt for re-authorizing an account no longer resets any custom label configuration
- Fix: Automatic refreshing is now correctly triggered when the app is launched from a notification
- Fix: The "Download entire message" button is now working again
- Fix: Resolved issue with Message IDs and email replies

Shahar28

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
latest version 1.4.0.0 just hit the store, thanks @apoelin.

regarding the custom notification, can you please add another notification alert (i was using it for a few years with my galaxy for gmail and i really miss it)?

i uploaded it. its Samsung's Good News tone.

Playing: Good News.mp3 - picosong

thanks in advance.

runcnw

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi...Nokia Lumia 521...
problem associated with last two Beta updates:
I manually refresh for new mail...
lately, MM seems to get caught in a loop...the progress circle just keeps spinning and spinning...
this happens approx every other refresh i perform....
can i go back two versions? or is this related to something else?

THANKS

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi...Nokia Lumia 521...
problem associated with last two Beta updates:
I manually refresh for new mail...
lately, MM seems to get caught in a loop...the progress circle just keeps spinning and spinning...
this happens approx every other refresh i perform....
can i go back two versions? or is this related to something else?

THANKS

Unfortunately you can't go back in versions. Are you on the beta? 1.4.0.3 that was just submitted now, should address this (fingers crossed!). Please note that this bug is simply the animation; the app doesn't actually use your data connection indefinitely.

Sorry about this!

runcnw

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't go back in versions. Are you on the beta? 1.4.0.3 that was just submitted now, should address this (fingers crossed!). Please note that this bug is simply the animation; the app doesn't actually use your data connection indefinitely.

Sorry about this!

YES...on Beta not sure if the 1.4.0.3 is the very latest update for me...good to know i'm not on eternal data usage with the eternal animation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss