[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I did not find how to how to turn off Conversation view in MetroMail. kindly help.

Unfortunately that is not possible. Please note that the same limitation exists in the official Gmail Android and iOS apps. This requirement is not simply a UI-design issue: Gmail as a service is built around threads/conversations, and the data its servers sent are formatted accordingly. It would require a major effort on my behalf to get around this, and it doesn't seem that the demand for it is high enough, to warrant this. Sorry!

Shahar28

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. FYI When I disabled conversation view setting thru the PC, it also automatically disabled it in the built-in Gmail of WP8 but not in metromail.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. FYI When I disabled conversation view setting thru the PC, it also automatically disabled it in the built-in Gmail of WP8 but not in metromail.

That makes sense. But at the same time, the built-in client doesn't support many Gmail features that MetroMail does support. They are basically accessing the service in 2 completely different ways. I am fairly certain that disabling conversation view on the PC, does NOT disable it in the official iOS and Android clients either (I personally tested it on iOS, because this issue has come up before). The one thing I can say is that I plan to expand MetroMail to support more services. That might make it possible to support what you are looking for. Nothing is certain yet though.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
ok, thanks again. any ETA regarding Uploading custom sounds from SkyDrive?

I spoke too soon about that! After wasting much more time than I should had, I hit yet another roadblock with implementing that. Despite what Microsoft's documentation says, for now I will assume that it is not supported. I'd be happy to look at it again if/when another app proves me wrong. If you know one that does this, please let me know.

mrkvaja

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything, getting an "Unknown error has occurred" every time. Tried pinning to start screen as suggested, didn't help. What should I do?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same error "Unknown error has occurred" when trying to turn on live tile. This started after the last update. Background sync is running. I've tried a soft reset and uninstalling and re-installing the app with the same problem.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I emailed support and got this back. Live tiles work again.

Hi,

There was a server outage over the weekend, unrelated to the newly released version, that affected the live tile functionality. Everything should be working again now.

Please try using MetroMail again, and if needed disable/re-enable the live tile functionality from settings. If the problem persists, please let me know.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Mark Sager

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased MetroMail yesterday via download from the store. Running 8.1 on a Samsung ATIVse, Verizon. Cannot turn on Live Tiles - unknown error. What should I do?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have your Metromail beta app. As I have 3 gmail accounts, & live tile of default app. So in one account I have ringtone with notifications & whereas in other two I have only notifications without any ringtones. In notifications + action centre I have default notifications sound.
So my question is how to get same sound of notifications of that one account as I am now getting windows message tone?

Now after last update no notifications are working on any email accounts, even I tried reinstall app, still no notifications are showing.
Moreover as I emailed you regarding these problems.

Last edited:

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the full version of MM a few months ago because it offers a lot of value. Unfortunately today it seems that something has gone wrong and it is behaving like I have the free version instead. It prompted me to choose just one email account that I could use. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Now it's definitely the free version (ad-supported). How can I get back to the full version? The purchase appears in my Microsoft account history.

Thanks!

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the full version of MM a few months ago because it offers a lot of value. Unfortunately today it seems that something has gone wrong and it is behaving like I have the free version instead. It prompted me to choose just one email account that I could use. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Now it's definitely the free version (ad-supported). How can I get back to the full version? The purchase appears in my Microsoft account history.

Thanks!
I think that is the bug in Microsoft store, as I read at NPU story & tweet of Rudy,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss