[Beta] MetroMail - Gmail app for WP8

zweidner

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
i recently installed Metro Mail. I can't enable the live tile function in the settings, it just keeps saying unknown error occurred.

any ideas how to fix this?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I gave up on MetroMail, from being unable to set the live tile functions, to categories resetting when you switch to a different email account, to email not syncing, etc. It used to be such a good app and I swear with every update it got worse.

qnc

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I gave up on MetroMail, from being unable to set the live tile functions, to categories resetting when you switch to a different email account, to email not syncing, etc. It used to be such a good app and I swear with every update it got worse.

Thought it was just me. My live tile stopped working as well and will not reactivate with the unknown error too. This is so frustrating.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I got reply from developer as he I saying" he is too busy in job & country changes & unexpected life changes. Next month he will update app for bug fixes'

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I was having hard time setting up live tile and popup notification for past few days. Today, I tried again all my accounts were configured without any "unknown error" message. However, I noticed, popup notification/Action center notification works only one gmail account. Other accounts are not pushing any notifications including outlook accounts. Hope DEV will solve this irritating issue soon!

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I was having hard time setting up live tile and popup notification for past few days. Today, I tried again all my accounts were configured without any "unknown error" message. However, I noticed, popup notification/Action center notification works only one gmail account. Other accounts are not pushing any notifications including outlook accounts. Hope DEV will solve this irritating issue soon!

You are using metromail app in which one account is free and for addition of more accounts you have to buy app, but there is bug in app, with 2 or more accounts. Now we can't purchase app, due to its bug.

P.S. I am using metromail beta app in which we can added many accounts, but now due to its bug we don't getting live tile notifications etc.

Last edited:

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting notifications from metromail. Has been like that for a while now. When I try to turn on notifications in settings (within the app), I get a "an unknown error has occurred" error message.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ah, so it's not just me! :) never really got into it to much then all the tile errors... Sigh
The standard mail apps are pretty good though, just needs GAL on Gmail... It's why I was looking at other option like metro mail that could do it

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You are using metromail app in which one account is free and for addition of more accounts you have to buy app, but there is bug in app, with 2 or more accounts. Now we can't purchase app, due to its bug.

P.S. I am using metromail beta app in which we can added many accounts, but now due to its bug we don't getting live tile notifications etc.

I am receiving notifications for two accounts(both for Gmail). I have other accounts too that belong to Outlook. I was able to set up notification settings for those Outlook accounts but never received any. If DEV wants us to buy the app to receive the notifications for more than two accounts, he shouldn't have allowed us to set notifications for Outlook accounts at first place. Any thoughts?

dmtaub

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I have the update, and i no longer get the error, but I'm not actually getting a live tile or notifications. Is this happening to anyone else. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, no change. Developer has not been responsive to e-mails.

qnc

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
My app is working and I received an email from the developer. Below:

" I had to take a long break from mobile app development over the last several weeks. MetroMail is a one-person project, thus that effectively meant suspending any work for the app. During that time, the notification system ran into several issues, and that is the reason for the problems that you have experienced.

The good news is that I am hoping to return back to developing soon."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077