02-15-2015 08:11 PM
57 123
tools
    The only thing I've noticed since the last update is that some songs just don't play after the import as they are the wrong format. Also The search engine seems to bring up a lot of 30 second clips. Still awesome though.
    Yea I added an extra music source in the latest update and as well as music it does seem to grab Ringtones (the 30 sec songs) as well. I could put a filter in to remove the 30 sec songs, but figgured people can use em as ringtones if they like so I'll keep em in for now! (Transfer from music folder onto PC THEN back into Ringtone folder to use as ringtone :)

RE the song format, yea well not being in control of the music content there isn't really anything I can do about it :/ I can't tell from the app the content of the music file (only its extension) so I can't filter it from the list. Such is life with free music sources tho right!
    11-03-2013 07:44 AM
    This is now really annoying. Tried to download maybe 10 Bruce Springsteen songs. Found artwork etc. All good. When went to play none worked. Is this my memory card or problem with app? Having lots of problems lately am i going something wrong?
    11-10-2013 02:28 PM
    This is now really annoying. Tried to download maybe 10 Bruce Springsteen songs. Found artwork etc. All good. When went to play none worked. Is this my memory card or problem with app? Having lots of problems lately am i going something wrong?
    Hi Michael,

I just searched Bruce Springsteen and downloaded the first 5 results and all played fine, that's not to say that you didn't try further down the list mind you. Have you tried searching and downloading other artists to compare if it is just a batch of corrupt songs for that artist coming from one of the music providers?

I think the issue is more likely to be with the music files as the app will download the files and if it doesn't fully download the file it will say 'error' on the file.

However just for good measure, I suggest deleting and reinstalling the application, if the app did suddenly 'break' then a fresh install should rectify it.

For further support, please email cheekyghostapps@outlook.com and I'll be able to work with you further i.e work out exactly what songs are causing you trouble and I can have a look and tell you what is happening.
    11-10-2013 08:57 PM
    Hi. Got 8gb instead of 32gb seems to have fixed. Not sure why but thanks for the reply. If i get any other problems will drop you an email.
    Cheeky Ghosty likes this.
    11-12-2013 05:11 PM
    Thanks for letting me know the issue is resolved Michael!

Glad you are able to enjoy Music Import now! :)

And certainly, always drop me an email with any issues/concerns!

Cheers again!

Ghosty
    11-12-2013 10:50 PM
    Update v1.0.3.0 - Fixed the bug where Album Art wasn't being previewed as Square when force square was set. Also thanks to a few people I now have Russian, French and Italian language support in the app :)
    12-08-2013 07:10 PM
    Update v1.0.3.0 - Fixed the bug where Album Art wasn't being previewed as Square when force square was set. Also thanks to a few people I now have Russian, French and Italian language support in the app :)
    Thanks to your friend Google Translate...
    12-10-2013 06:47 AM
    Thanks to your friend Google Translate...
    Errrrrrrrm...... French was done by my mother who is French Canadian, Italian was KINDLY done by this user Francesco Vaccaro - Rome, Italy, Lingue e Letterature Straniere at Roma 3 University, Rome | about.me and Russian was also provided to me by a Uservia screen shots with the Russian text overlayed over the english and yes I used google translate to fill in gaps, what is wrong with that?
    12-10-2013 06:55 AM
    I could help with polish translation ;-)
    12-10-2013 07:20 AM
    I could help with polish translation ;-)
    Awesome!!!! That would be really good of you if you could! If you just send me an email to: cheekyghostapps (at) outlook [dot] com I shall reply to you with the "translation pack", which is basically all my English strings in a spread sheet and you can just put the polish equivalents in the next row.

Thanks! :)
    12-10-2013 05:46 PM
    Awesome!!!! That would be really good of you if you could! If you just send me an email to: cheekyghostapps (at) outlook [dot] com I shall reply to you with the "translation pack", which is basically all my English strings in a spread sheet and you can just put the polish equivalents in the next row.

Thanks! :)
    great :) I'll send an email to you tomorrow as I'm on my way to dreamland now... : ) good night!
    12-10-2013 06:20 PM
    great :) I'll send an email to you tomorrow as I'm on my way to dreamland now... : ) good night!
    Awesome! Thanks again!
    12-10-2013 07:45 PM
    I've sent an email as promised. I would like to know if you're planning to introduce manual music source choosing in future updates. ;)
    12-11-2013 02:09 PM
    I've sent an email as promised. I would like to know if you're planning to introduce manual music source choosing in future updates. ;)
    I think I know what you mean a but manual music source choosing. If you mean allow the user to choose a music source that they know about, unfortunately this won't work in my app model. This is because each source provides their music in different structures, and I need to know the structure beforehand to be able to get the links to the files. If I were to provide a WebView control (Browser window) I could do what you say, however I am trying to create a very easy to use experience and I don't feel that the WebView method provides this. With my app I've tried to make it so you literally search a song, click the song you want (let it download) and then import (while editing the info). Minimal steps for the user, with the trade off being we don't have the ability to target extra sources on demand.
    Martsicky likes this.
    12-11-2013 05:14 PM
    Okay, thanks! I'm almost done with translation, I've had a busy period in my job lately, that's why it's not finished yet ;)

PS. I've updated Music Import and realized that you've added a copyright notice on app start-up. If you find some time you could send it to me, then I could translate it too! Merry Xmas!
    Last edited by Martsicky; 12-21-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    12-21-2013 04:40 AM
    Okay, thanks! I'm almost done with translation, I've had a busy period in my job lately, that's why it's not finished yet ;)

PS. I've updated Music Import and realized that you've added a copyright notice on app start-up. If you find some time you could send it to me, then I could translate it too! Merry Xmas!
    Cheers bud!

I have emailed you the copyright dialogue. Thanks heaps for doing the translation for me! Much appreciated!

Merry Xmas!!!!
    12-21-2013 05:42 PM
    hi can you please make this app free,atleast for Christmas and newyear please,its a great app,i can't buy it as I don't have a credit card and it wont accept my debit card please sir please,its my sincere request
    12-25-2013 02:55 AM
    hi can you please make this app free,atleast for Christmas and newyear please,its a great app,i can't buy it as I don't have a credit card and it wont accept my debit card please sir please,its my sincere request
    Hi there, Microsoft have released pre paid cards now so you can buy these pre-paid cards from supermarkets etc and you can purchase apps that way with no credit card needed :)
    12-25-2013 03:03 AM
    Hi there, Microsoft have released pre paid cards now so you can buy these pre-paid cards from supermarkets etc and you can purchase apps that way with no credit card needed :)
    hmm,but I don't think they are available in India :(
    12-27-2013 03:40 AM
    Hi Everyone, version 1.0.5.0 has the preview before download feature that was most requested! :)
    01-09-2014 07:15 PM
    hmm,but I don't think they are available in India :(
    Hi, I've just had a brainwave. Recently a nice gentleman sent me an email and he translated my app into Arabic for me, and in return I found out a way to get the app to him for free :)

I was wondering seeing as you are in India, if perhaps you speak Hindi or any other languages that my app could benefit from being translated into. If you are willing to part with a bit of time, I would like to send you my Spreadsheet of English strings, and if you would be willing to translate the english for me, I'll do the same thing I did for the gentleman who translated into Arabic for me and I'll get you my app for free!

Let me know your thoughts! - Ghosty
    01-12-2014 06:58 PM
    Hi All!

Big thanks to WPCentral user Martsicky for providing me with Polish translation for Music Import!

As a result the latest update to hit the store (1.0.5.2) has Polish, Spanish, Arabic & Improved French translations.

Enjoy everyone! And I'm always looking for people who can help translate to their native language!

Cheers,

Ghosty
    Martsicky likes this.
    01-18-2014 08:37 PM
    1.0.5.3 update is available now! Polish translation includes latest fixes now! :) thanks!

We've got really good dev. here, such polite person :)

We'll keep in touch, I'll gladly provide translation to any of your apps :p
    good luck!
    Cheeky Ghosty likes this.
    01-23-2014 01:06 PM
    Could you put this app on WP7? There may be an OS limitation but if there isn't, please put it on WP7. Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    01-23-2014 05:44 PM
    Could you put this app on WP7? There may be an OS limitation but if there isn't, please put it on WP7. Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    Hi there! You are correct about the OS Limitation! The XNA method that I use SaveSong is only available on WP8 devices, so unfortunately on WP7 I could not facilitate the import to the music + videos hub, which is what people pay to use my app to do!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :/ might be time to upgrade!

Ghosty
    02-10-2014 05:30 AM
57 123