[APP] Music Import

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi All!!!

I ran a beta here in the wpcentral forums a while ago, and I'm proud to announce that Music Import is live on the store!

Music Import is one of, if not THE best app for downloading music into your music + videos hub.

Full song info editing AND Album Art selection!

Get the app here: Music Import | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

This is my second app and as per usual it has full support from yours truly, and I can be reached here, by email: cheekyghostapps@outlook.com or on twitter @CheekyGhostApps

I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Ghosty

*** Fixed the crash on start with the Trial and WP 8 Update 3 ***

Last edited:

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Auto-crash on 920 with gdr3.

Ok was dreading this happening, when I downgraded to trial I had the same issue, I put a shout out on twitter to see if anyone else had the issue with trial because the review system is broken at the moment so I can't get feedback.

For some reason it seems the trial license is causing this, it works fine in full mode. To make matters worse, I cant get this to replocate in my developer XAP when I run it as trial, it is only the one on the store doing it! I will pull the trial until it can be fixed, full purchase works fine so I'll leave it up.

Thanks for letting me know troylytle!

Ghosty

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok was dreading this happening. For some reason the trial license is causing this, it works fine in full mode. To make matters worse, I cant get this to replocate in my developer XAP, it is only the one on the store doing it! I will pull the trial until it can be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm curious, does the trial have ads or any held-back features?

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, does the trial have ads or any held-back features?

Nope, the trial does count songs where full version doesn't (I have a mechanism in place to stop import after two songs in trial until purchase) but it is in a try catch block so a thrown exception shouldn't kill the app like it is!

Further more, when running the Developer XAP app as trial on the device, it doesn't have a problem, the problem is only when getting a trial license from the store it seems! May possibly be isolated to update 3 I'm unsure as yet!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, the trial does count songs where full version doesn't (I have a mechanism in place to stop import after two songs in trial until purchase) but it is in a try catch block so a thrown exception shouldn't kill the app like it is!

Further more, when running the Developer XAP app as trial on the device, it doesn't have a problem, the problem is only when getting a trial license from the store it seems! May possibly be isolated to update 3 I'm unsure as yet!
Hmm. Try rewriting the trial, and get rid of the song limit first.
Try marketing it as a limited-time unlimited trial and see if it solves the problem.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Try rewriting the trial, and get rid of the song limit first.
Try marketing it as a limited-time unlimited trial and see if it solves the problem.

Yea but if I remove the song limit people can uninstall the trial and reinstall and continue to use the app without purchase.

Also completely mystified why it works when XAP deployed onto device with isTrial set to true, yet when downloaded from store as trial no good!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yea but if I remove the song limit people can uninstall the trial and reinstall and continue to use the app without purchase.

Also completely mystified why it works when XAP deployed onto device with isTrial set to true, yet when downloaded from store as trial no good!
Shoot. Forgot to tell you to set it up as a beta.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Awesome thanks! Have now submitted an update to the store so it is awaiting certification (max 5 working days) so hopefully I can get the try/buy happening shortly!

Glad you like it :)

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Tries it, and regret getting it for free.
Perhaps a donate button is in order?

Hah I knew you'd like it! (Well I know everyone will like it!)

Hmmm nah I won't invest in a donate button because by the time the update certified I should have try/buy anyway!

However, if you do want to donate, as a suggestion you could buy my first app Swipe Tunes for 99c!

That way you get to donate AND you get my other app as well! :grin:

Last edited:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Works fine on Lumia820 with GDR3 Preview aboard :) just imported two tracks succesfully. Sadly, I was unable to find few artists from my country, but it works great for most of top and well-know songs from all around the world ;)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hah I knew you'd like it! (Well I know everyone will like it!)

Hmmm nah I won't invest in a donate button because by the time the update certified I should have try/buy anyway!

However, if you do want to donate, as a suggestion you could buy my first app Swipe Tunes for 99c!

That way you get to donate AND you get my other app as well! :grin:
I also have a quick question to ask as well.

Where do you pull the tracks?

RiyanR

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Update v1.0.1.1 Adds another music source, adds an option to force images to be square for Album Art and kills a few glitches :)

Is there any way you can have the trial to give an allowance of songs per week (e.g. 5) instead of just 2 all together? Of course, with the trial there would be ads. It's just I'm 15 and I can't really put a credit card on my phone and they don't sell gift cards in my country. But of you can't do this that's okay. :)

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way you can have the trial to give an allowance of songs per week (e.g. 5) instead of just 2 all together? Of course, with the trial there would be ads. It's just I'm 15 and I can't really put a credit card on my phone and they don't sell gift cards in my country. But of you can't do this that's okay. :)

Hi, sorry but I don't do ads in applications. Ads feel tacky and I believe ruin the user experience, and the return that you get from them is generally low so I don't waste my time with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786