[APP] Music Import

mick1971

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had music apps across all phones and this is the best ever. Makes everything else seem rather amateur! Keep up the good work dev.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had music apps across all phones and this is the best ever. Makes everything else seem rather amateur! Keep up the good work dev.

Thanks for the great feedback Mick! Certainly do hope to keep it up! Plenty to be done, I am currently translating German and French versions of the app!

mick1971

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed since the last update is that some songs just don't play after the import as they are the wrong format. Also The search engine seems to bring up a lot of 30 second clips. Still awesome though.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed since the last update is that some songs just don't play after the import as they are the wrong format. Also The search engine seems to bring up a lot of 30 second clips. Still awesome though.

Yea I added an extra music source in the latest update and as well as music it does seem to grab Ringtones (the 30 sec songs) as well. I could put a filter in to remove the 30 sec songs, but figgured people can use em as ringtones if they like so I'll keep em in for now! (Transfer from music folder onto PC THEN back into Ringtone folder to use as ringtone :)

RE the song format, yea well not being in control of the music content there isn't really anything I can do about it :/ I can't tell from the app the content of the music file (only its extension) so I can't filter it from the list. Such is life with free music sources tho right!

Michael Bull2

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
This is now really annoying. Tried to download maybe 10 Bruce Springsteen songs. Found artwork etc. All good. When went to play none worked. Is this my memory card or problem with app? Having lots of problems lately am i going something wrong?

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
This is now really annoying. Tried to download maybe 10 Bruce Springsteen songs. Found artwork etc. All good. When went to play none worked. Is this my memory card or problem with app? Having lots of problems lately am i going something wrong?

Hi Michael,

I just searched Bruce Springsteen and downloaded the first 5 results and all played fine, that's not to say that you didn't try further down the list mind you. Have you tried searching and downloading other artists to compare if it is just a batch of corrupt songs for that artist coming from one of the music providers?

I think the issue is more likely to be with the music files as the app will download the files and if it doesn't fully download the file it will say 'error' on the file.

However just for good measure, I suggest deleting and reinstalling the application, if the app did suddenly 'break' then a fresh install should rectify it.

For further support, please email cheekyghostapps@outlook.com and I'll be able to work with you further i.e work out exactly what songs are causing you trouble and I can have a look and tell you what is happening.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know the issue is resolved Michael!

Glad you are able to enjoy Music Import now! :)

And certainly, always drop me an email with any issues/concerns!

Cheers again!

Ghosty

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Update v1.0.3.0 - Fixed the bug where Album Art wasn't being previewed as Square when force square was set. Also thanks to a few people I now have Russian, French and Italian language support in the app :)

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I could help with polish translation ;-)

Awesome!!!! That would be really good of you if you could! If you just send me an email to: cheekyghostapps (at) outlook [dot] com I shall reply to you with the "translation pack", which is basically all my English strings in a spread sheet and you can just put the polish equivalents in the next row.

Thanks! :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Awesome!!!! That would be really good of you if you could! If you just send me an email to: cheekyghostapps (at) outlook [dot] com I shall reply to you with the "translation pack", which is basically all my English strings in a spread sheet and you can just put the polish equivalents in the next row.

Thanks! :)

great :) I'll send an email to you tomorrow as I'm on my way to dreamland now... : ) good night!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've sent an email as promised. I would like to know if you're planning to introduce manual music source choosing in future updates. ;)

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've sent an email as promised. I would like to know if you're planning to introduce manual music source choosing in future updates. ;)

I think I know what you mean a but manual music source choosing. If you mean allow the user to choose a music source that they know about, unfortunately this won't work in my app model. This is because each source provides their music in different structures, and I need to know the structure beforehand to be able to get the links to the files. If I were to provide a WebView control (Browser window) I could do what you say, however I am trying to create a very easy to use experience and I don't feel that the WebView method provides this. With my app I've tried to make it so you literally search a song, click the song you want (let it download) and then import (while editing the info). Minimal steps for the user, with the trade off being we don't have the ability to target extra sources on demand.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks! I'm almost done with translation, I've had a busy period in my job lately, that's why it's not finished yet ;)

PS. I've updated Music Import and realized that you've added a copyright notice on app start-up. If you find some time you could send it to me, then I could translate it too! Merry Xmas!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos