[Free WP8 Apps] 5 Apps created with Windows Phone App Studio

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
Not that new of a member even though I just joined. Been an avid Windows fan for many years and just jumped ship to WP last November with the Lumia 920 after being under contract with an Android and previously an iPhone. I try to follow along with WPCentral sometimes, but more often than not a good friend of mine keeps me up to date.
I took a class last spring on Windows development and know a good bit of HTML and CSS, however have not had time to actually spend training and learning Visual Basic to create some apps. I have a ton in mind and can only do so much with what I have available. I teach a high school A+ class as well as Web Design and will graduate in December with a Master's. This past summer I spent my free time learning Adobe Premiere and didn't get to spend much time on VB.
However, when Microsoft released the Windows Phone App Studio, I jumped on it. With the help of Ryan Joy's simple tutorial, I have since spit out 5 apps that I've been wanting to do. Some are limited (as is the App Studio), but for the most part, they do all they need to do.
Most of my spare time gets spent creating tutorials/how-tos for my YouTube channel. Ultimately, when I create a video, it takes a good bit of time. Of the apps I've created in WPAS, I have 10-15min here, 20-30 there, etc. It's easy to pick up where I left off and doesn't take a big amount of time all at once. It was very easy to use, and Microsoft has released multiple updates within the couple of months it's been going. Again, it's limited, but great for what it does. Each app I've created with it has had its own hurdles and have specific things that work great.

All of the apps I've created with the Windows Phone App Studio are currently free with no ads and can be seen HERE.

The41Wheat
wp_ss_20130827_0001.png

GFQ Network
wp_ss_20130905_0003.png

Windows SuperSite
wp_ss_20130830_0001.png

Tobuscus
wp_ss_20130904_0001.png

LSU Football
wp_ss_20131014_0012.png

Thanks guys!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing new apps to the attention of the members of WPCentral. These look useful and interesting. Good luck with your apps, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with members.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99