Title says it all. Basically what I'm looking for is that whenever a user of my choice sends a tweet I get a toast notification. I tried the official one, Rowi and Peregrine, none of them seems to work. If you know how to set any of these please let me know. Thanks
    10-24-2013 09:44 AM
    The official app is supposed to do this but I've turned on notifications for several people on Twitter and have NEVER gotten a notification. I've tweeted about this issue (again this morning) and never got any response. I'd like to see it addressed. Until then, I've just pinned them to my start screen for somewhat easier access.
    11-04-2013 12:40 PM
    Does it have to be an intrusive toast?

If it is just notification of sorts and not always a toast - you can sync twitter to your phone (integrated one) and then pin the person that you want to stalk. That's what I do with my twitter ;)

Every time they tweet, the tile gets updated and their stream is one tap away in case they tweet every 2 seconds! This is easy on battery and doesn't need an app.
    11-04-2013 12:57 PM
    Does it have to be an intrusive toast?

If it is just notification of sorts and not always a toast - you can sync twitter to your phone (integrated one) and then pin the person that you want to stalk. That's what I do with my twitter ;)

Every time they tweet, the tile gets updated and their stream is one tap away in case they tweet every 2 seconds! This is easy on battery and doesn't need an app.
    So pin the person from your contact list? Interesting. I assume this would work even if I've filtered out Twitter users from my contact list right? I would need to add my Twitter account by to the People hub; I deleted it recently because it was eating up my data. Any idea if that bug has been fixed? If so, I may give this a try. I already pin a few people from the Twitter app, which gives me quick access but the tile is not live.

All that said, I think the OP and I still just want notifications. And a live tile, while nice, is not really a notification. I'll also add a very minor objection to your use of the loaded word "intrusive" to describe toasts ;)
    11-04-2013 01:29 PM
    So pin the person from your contact list? Interesting. I assume this would work even if I've filtered out Twitter users from my contact list right? I would need to add my Twitter account by to the People hub; I deleted it recently because it was eating up my data. Any idea if that bug has been fixed? If so, I may give this a try. I already pin a few people from the Twitter app, which gives me quick access but the tile is not live.

All that said, I think the OP and I still just want notifications. And a live tile, while nice, is not really a notification. I'll also add a very minor objection to your use of the loaded word "intrusive" to describe toasts ;)
    Yes you need to sync via People hub. Never had any issues with data so the problem you talk about fixing is news to me :P
    Filtering is only for having cleaner view of your hub. Even after filter if you search someone in hub, that twitter contact will come up. So you can still pin them.

Toasts are intrusive if you pin someone who tweets 60 times a minute! 10 secs for each toasts, 600 sec of toast! That will make me throw my phone against a wall!
    11-04-2013 05:12 PM
    Sorry for digging up old post, but neither worked well for my need.
    Pinning that account to tile is good and all, but most of the time I'm not staring at the tile(no one does that right?), so by the time I see the tile has flipped it might be late. also I'm assuming it updates every 30min? that's way too long for me. I need to react to that tweet ASAP so tiles doesn't really work for me.
    As for jamming toast notifications, yes, crazy tweeter is an issue for toast notification, but the account I'm interested in tweets like 5-10 times a day MAX, so this is not an issue at least for me.

If there's no viable option, I guess I may have to roll my own with some C# and Azure magic...
    01-13-2014 02:05 PM
    Go to twitter.com, go to the user's page, click the button that looks like a person's silhouette, and choose "enable mobile notifications". You'll get a text msg.
    01-13-2014 02:21 PM
    Go to twitter.com, go to the user's page, click the button that looks like a person's silhouette, and choose "enable mobile notifications". You'll get a text msg.
    I have that, and it worked for iOS, but not WP8. also I don't use text message(called ATT to block it so I don't get spammed, 2-way charging for text is a joke) so I don't see that as a viable option for me.
    01-13-2014 04:19 PM
    i use the official twitter app and i get toasts for selected persons
    go to the person profile in the app
    touch the 3 dots....
    and select 'turn on notifications' and voila!

to check to see if it is on go to settings --> click ur username--> click 'tweets'
    that shows you who you want notifs from when they tweet...Jus make sure its on
    01-13-2014 06:08 PM
    i use the official twitter app and i get toasts for selected persons
    go to the person profile in the app
    touch the 3 dots....
    and select 'turn on notifications' and voila!

to check to see if it is on go to settings --> click ur username--> click 'tweets'
    that shows you who you want notifs from when they tweet...Jus make sure its on
    yeah just realized that the last step - I need to manually turn it on to get things. Thanks for the tip!
    01-13-2014 10:24 PM
    I created a new group in the people hub and pinned it to my start screen. This allowed me to add numerous tweeters into one hub and not make my start screen so messy.
    01-13-2014 10:30 PM
    If you have a Pebble watch, my app Pebble Watch Pro will vibrate the watch and display both tweets and Twitter direct messages right on the watch. Pebble Watch Pro pulls it's own data from Twitter so it works even if your Twitter app does not function correctly. The limitations are that the app has to be in the foreground and you only get the most recent 3 tweets and 3 DMs every 4 minutes. Just FYI since it may help.....
    01-13-2014 11:02 PM