Siri for Windows Phone (Aria) now out on Windows Phone store!

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
its not saving my name , i update name and exit application but when i reopen field is blank again ? also it seems aria needs to be running to speak ,it doesn't replace existing speech system ?
Same happened to me. It doesn't save.

I've taken a look and I can't reproduce the bug on my device. Did she reply and say "I will now call you, <NAME HERE>"

I think the issue is that the app has saved it. It's just when you quit and reload, your name is no longer in the textbox. The fault here is not the app, but the UI design, I will make it so the app loads the previously entered name into the textbox. Be assured it has saved. Try saying "Aria, hello" to get her to say "Hello, <NAME HERE> once she's loaded.

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Great!! Also, I can help you with a Spanish translation. I mean if you want to broaden your audience.. Remember Spanish is a very important language in the Americas :)

Thanks Jnbs, send me an email to support.fda@outlook.com and I'm sure you can help me out.

In addition there will be the following opportunities to get Aria free for 24 hours.
  • USA & England - Black Friday (29th November)
  • German Speaking Markets (when launched in German)
  • Spanish speaking markets (when launched in spanish)

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I but in here, because this is a vital question for ALL users. Support for as many languages as you can think of is the obvious answer, not only the traditional Microsoft 5 (English, French German, Italian and Spanish). Think Swedish, Danish, Norwegian (two versions), Icelandic, Finnish, Russian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Dutch, Welsh, Gaelic for the Northern countries. Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Hebrew, and Czech, Slovenian, Albanian. Just tick off that language list. You have more than 6 000 languages to choose from. We all want it. And oh, could I have reminders repeated on specific time or just at one specific time?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I but in here, because this is a vital question for ALL users. Support for as many languages as you can think of is the obvious answer, not only the traditional Microsoft 5 (English, French German, Italian and Spanish). Think Swedish, Danish, Norwegian (two versions), Icelandic, Finnish, Russian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Dutch, Welsh, Gaelic for the Northern countries. Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Hebrew, and Czech, Slovenian, Albanian. Just tick off that language list. You have more than 6 000 languages to choose from. We all want it. And oh, could I have reminders repeated on specific time or just at one specific time?

That list will make it even closer to Siri (in availability on languages) and way cooler. The problem is that where are we going to find such amount of users from all of those countries?

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If the community works on it and spreads the word it will pick up. It must be a better strategy that there are languages in there that for the moment are not used but will be in the future than a lot of missing languages that prevent people from buying and using the app.

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I would love to support loads of languages but I can't support all languages, as I use the inbuilt Windows Speech recogniton.

The only languages that I can support are the following list:
  • German - in progress
  • English (India) - supported
  • English (United Kingdom) - supported
  • English (United States) - supported
  • Spanish (Spain) - in progress
  • Spanish (Mexico) - planned
  • French - if wanted
  • Italian - if wanted
  • Polish - if wanted
  • Portuguese - if wanted
  • Russian - if wanted

I apologise about the lack of Swedish in the list, this is something you would need to take up with Microsoft and not myself.

Davidinho98

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I would love to support loads of languages but I can't support all languages, as I use the inbuilt Windows Speech recogniton.

The only languages that I can support are the following list:
  • German - in progress
  • English (India) - supported
  • English (United Kingdom) - supported
  • English (United States) - supported
  • Spanish (Spain) - in progress
  • Spanish (Mexico) - planned
  • French - if wanted
  • Italian - if wanted
  • Polish - if wanted
  • Portuguese - if wanted
  • Russian - if wanted

I apologise about the lack of Swedish in the list, this is something you would need to take up with Microsoft and not myself.

Italian, please :D

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using Lumia 720.
As I am saying Aria translate into french
then it going to translator (2nd Image)
then 1st image after that
I am saying wrong or what?

You have the full version. Can you tell me what exactly the issue is and what device you're using.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131108_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131108_0001.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20131108_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131108_0002.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 1

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Does she say (with speech) "What would you like me to translate into french for you Arpit Mattel?" if she does say this does it crash immediately afterwards?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro