Siri for Windows Phone (Aria) now out on Windows Phone store!

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Worry not, a free version is coming as soon as it's approved, this will take around 5 business days.

Also new features coming in the update after that are:
+ Aria can look up every single contact info available
+ Bigger research into making speech more natural
+ User feedback button

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Although the reviews are excellent - an idea/suggestion to get this app promoted if it is as good as everyone here says it is - either go on 24 hrs promotional free downloads (email WPCentral team to write an editorial for you) or ever get WPCentral to review your app. OR get along with MyFreeApps and give 24hrs free download. From what I can see here is you need larger userbase to give better response and reviews to the app like Indigo and Maluuba has done (both free apps).

runcnw

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi....as far as connecting to Nokia Here Drive or similar app....can i command Aria with an address and open up a GPS app?
Nokia Here does not utilize voice recognition......

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Although the reviews are excellent - an idea/suggestion to get this app promoted if it is as good as everyone here says it is - either go on 24 hrs promotional free downloads (email WPCentral team to write an editorial for you) or ever get WPCentral to review your app. OR get along with MyFreeApps and give 24hrs free download. From what I can see here is you need larger userbase to give better response and reviews to the app like Indigo and Maluuba has done (both free apps).

The publicity machine has been well at work emailing all the biggest Windows Phone review sites (including the best one WPCentral of course). You are of course correct, without the userbase I cannot work out what is more important to work on next apart from the obvious things above. In relation to the free apps thing, I have had interest from AppDeals in charging me $80 for the privileged of making no money. Anyway, there is a trial version coming out soon.

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi....as far as connecting to Nokia Here Drive or similar app....can i command Aria with an address and open up a GPS app?
Nokia Here does not utilize voice recognition......

First of all let me say that's a fantastic idea. But there are limitations to what I can do as an app and not part of the OS, I could use bing maps driving directions. But not Here Drive... It depends what people want at the end of the day. As an app developer I am here to please the downloader.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What sort of limitations are you thinking of on your trial version other than ads?

Never knew AppDeals would charge such a ridiculously high price. Hope their customer numbers justify their model.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

What did you think about it when you tried it?

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What sort of limitations are you thinking of on your trial version other than ads?

Would love to switch to a free model, but if the app was free (ads are still not working due to lack of inventory) I couldn't pay for the Weather, Translation (and when I've got enough dosh) WolframAlpha API's. The free version has no ads, all the features of the main version, just no weather, no translation.

Bhanu Prasad

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
its not saving my name , i update name and exit application but when i reopen field is blank again ? also it seems aria needs to be running to speak ,it doesn't replace existing speech system ?

Floppy Disk Apps

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
its not saving my name , i update name and exit application but when i reopen field is blank again ? also it seems aria needs to be running to speak ,it doesn't replace existing speech system ?
1. Did you press the "Update Your Name" button before exiting? Also did you wait for it to load fully and say something before updating your name?
2. Yes, because as a developer I cannot modify the OS and that's the way the limited integration I could get works. Aria must be running to actually do something useful.
SRoshan143 said:
Free version not released yet......??
No, I'm still waiting for it to make it's way through the process. It shouldn't be more than 3-4 working days now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss