MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi mushuksan,

I have upgraded my Moliplayer Pro from the previous version to 1.1.0.4 version. After that, the app can't show .srt subtitles anymore. The video files I played are .mp4 format and placed in Camera Roll folder (.srt files too). But the previous version can show them! Is this a bug in 1.1.0.4?
Please set the correct charset encoding in settings. If anything, please Chang encoding from English (us) to English.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I find a workaround: 1. go to Moliplayer Pro/Settings/Subtitles text encoding, 2. Change "English (United State)" to "English."
I don't know what differences are between the two text encodings. However, I suggest that mushuksan shall solve this problem, because not all users would like to spend time on finding a workaround. They usually use the default settings. If the app with default settings can't run correctly in most cases, some users give up the app directly.

This will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for finding the workaround!

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I also like the buttons size. Could mtshuksan provide a button to change subtitles if the video has multiple subtitles. I suggest to use a drop down list or a list for selecting one of subtitles. Furthermore, please provide a list item called "none." It means "turn off subtitle display."

Turn off subtitles will be in the next update. Selecting subtitles on the fly will be coming later.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for providing such a cool app. Most of the file manager apps in the store says that, SD Card memory is read only and 3rd party apps don't have access to video or music folder in the SD Card. But, this player access these folders, even delete files from SD Card..!! Now, I can save videos sent by Bluetooth and videos downloaded by 3rd party apps to SD Card( even to a specific folder). It's hilarious..!!! Thanks again..
I have noted some bugs
1. It shows history in media hub even after disabling it.
2. While trying to add folder from SD Card to 'folder' section, confirmation message comes in a different language.
Hope you consider these in the next update...

Siddhartha Vuriti1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for providing such a cool app. Most of the file manager apps in the store says that, SD Card memory is read only and 3rd party apps don't have access to video or music folder in the SD Card. But, this player access these folders, even delete files from SD Card..!! Now, I can save videos sent by Bluetooth and videos downloaded by 3rd party apps to SD Card( even to a specific folder). It's hilarious..!!! Thanks again..
I have noted some bugs
2. While trying to add folder from SD Card to 'folder' section, confirmation message comes in a different language.

videos downloaded by third party apps? You mean apps like metrotube etc???

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have noted some bugs

2 will be fixed in the next update. Regarding 1, we don't see the problem. Does this happen with all video formats? Or specific formats?

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
2 will be fixed in the next update. Regarding 1, we don't see the problem. Does this happen with all video formats? Or specific formats?

yes... I tried mp4, 3gp and .flv files. All of them are seen in the media hub. I'm using Lumia 620
By the way, one more guy has pointed this problem earlier in this thread..

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
hmmm great... i tried with metro tube and my tube and it doesnt... Great if it works with them too

try to play the videos in moliplayer. MP4 and wmv files will be played in stock player. So, change the extension to .rm and play with moliplayer. Played files will be there in the "default folder" of the player. From there, u can save it to SD Card. I don't know whether it will work... But worth a try..

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Moliplayer pro is the best media player in the windows phone store now,no doubt about that.you overcome all the windows phone restrictions..but there are some small small problems there..they are

1) in the new update it took some time to load the videos(in the previous version there is no such problems)

2) to change the screen size button on top(zoom),the video screen is concentrated to the top part and missing the bottom part of video.
Suggestions:include fit to width,fit to screen etc...option instead of the current option

3)when moving from one tab to another,its a bit slow

4)when the videos are sorted,its not get saved permanently,ie,if i exit the player and enter again i need to sort again

5)need music to play in background

6)showing video history even after it is turned off for all videos

Suggestion:move the play/pause button to middle,and on each side put the fwd-rev button,and on each side of this put the previous -next button ie,
<prev> <rev> <play/pause> <fwd> <next>

Hope this changes will be made in the next update,all the very best for moliplayer pro,once again hats off to the developers...

dertong

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Just came here because of the great MoliPlayer. It's the FIRST Media Player on WP8 that allows me to add folders and play my mp3 music in just the way i wanted. I'd like to use it just for MP3s. So it's essential for me that it plays my music in background. Here are just two problems i discovered.

1. Please add the background function. For me this is essential. This would be great.
2. Maybe it's possible to change the language? I use it in german and it's quite ... uhm ... buggy ;) I'd like to switch to the english version. Possible?

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
yes... I tried mp4, 3gp and .flv files. All of them are seen in the media hub. I'm using Lumia 620
By the way, one more guy has pointed this problem earlier in this thread..

Disabling "Keep playback record in media hub" does not "clear" previously recorded history. Instead, it stops recording those records in the future. I wonder if this might be your scenario.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234