MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Recently purchased the app..It plays almost all video formats but it is somewhat little laggy while playing 720p videos. Hope it gets fixed in next update. It would be great hit in marketplace since no other player(yxplayer) has so much potential..

Thank you for your support! MoliPlayer Pro is undergoing constant performance tuning. Please stay tuned for pleasant surprises.

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Bought it as well, have found a typo: History: you have no palyback history :smile: Should be playback. Looks good so far! Have to figure out how to add music files, so far only video. But that's just me, have to explore the app some more first.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome offering , I can understand the amount of effort required and having such a good offering is a challenge. Great work, expecting good things int he future.

gautam26

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought the app !!! :D the interface is simple.. :) WiFi transfer option is just brilliant.. tried playing .mkv and .vob.. both of them worked perfectly.. you've done a great job man.. :D and btw, the videos don't seem to show up if I transfer them through the data cable, why is that??? am I doing something wrong??

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Bought the app !!! :D the interface is simple.. :) WiFi transfer option is just brilliant.. tried playing .mkv and .vob.. both of them worked perfectly.. you've done a great job man.. :D and btw, the videos don't seem to show up if I transfer them through the data cable, why is that??? am I doing something wrong??

Thanks a lot for the support to us. You need to copy videos to pictures\camera roll folder for MoliPlayer to pick up. Enjoy!

gautam26

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
will you be able to fix that?? I mean, can you make the app detect videos from anywhere in the phone?? or is it a WP limitation???

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Where should the folders 'Movies' & 'TV Series' be in SD Card? I tried creating a folder in SD Card root as well as Videos folder. But the videos only show up in all SD card files. Please clarify folder location.

And how to add subs?

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Where should the folders 'Movies' & 'TV Series' be in SD Card? I tried creating a folder in SD Card root as well as Videos folder. But the videos only show up in all SD card files. Please clarify folder location.

And how to add subs?

Please copy all the video files to pictures\camera roll of your phone through USB. MoliPlayer Pro should be able to pick them up from there.

Name your sub files the same as the video and copy them to the same location. You should be able to play video with subtitles.

shishirdbhat

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the app. Few observations for the dev:

1. "playback" is spelled as "palyback" in the history page
2. I have 4000+ MP3s on my SD Card, there is no way to sift through them or even search
3. As others have mentioned, dumping music files with videos in a single, un-searchable list is a mess
4. The app is unresponsive during startup when it parses through all the video in the phone+SD Card
5. Performance is slow, especially while reading from SD Card
6. My Lumia 720 crashed once and rebooted during WiFi transfer. Otherwise the WiFi transfer works as advertised and is definitely the highlight of the app for me
7. Tested out MKV playback with a low-quality file and everything works well - the playback, scrubbing, swipe to control brightness/volume. But the embedded subtitle did not work, I haven't tried out separate subtitle files - .srt, .sub, etc.
8. This is more of an aesthetic issue than a functional one - the folders icons are ugly. We are used to visually appealing apps on WP, I mean we're not on Android, are we? :p

Bottom line: The app definitely has potential but is unpolished/beta at best in its current form. $2.99 without trial is also a bummer, so can't say it's money well-spent for now. Hope the promised updates fix all the issues.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the support to MoliPlayer. Please copy videos to the pictures\camera rolls folder through USB. The. The videos will show up in MoliPlayer pro. Enjoy!

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the app. Few observations for the dev:

1. "playback" is spelled as "palyback" in the history page
2. I have 4000+ MP3s on my SD Card, there is no way to sift through them or even search
3. As others have mentioned, dumping music files with videos in a single, un-searchable list is a mess
4. The app is unresponsive during startup when it parses through all the video in the phone+SD Card
5. Performance is slow, especially while reading from SD Card
6. My Lumia 720 crashed once and rebooted during WiFi transfer. Otherwise the WiFi transfer works as advertised and is definitely the highlight of the app for me
7. Tested out MKV playback with a low-quality file and everything works well - the playback, scrubbing, swipe to control brightness/volume. But the embedded subtitle did not work, I haven't tried out separate subtitle files - .srt, .sub, etc.
8. This is more of an aesthetic issue than a functional one - the folders icons are ugly. We are used to visually appealing apps on WP, I mean we're not on Android, are we? :p

Bottom line: The app definitely has potential but is unpolished/beta at best in its current form. $2.99 without trial is also a bummer, so can't say it's money well-spent for now. Hope the promised updates fix all the issues.

Thanks for the detailed review. We will keep improving MoliPlayer Pro. Stay tuned.

sheldork

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been very keen on one thing... Playing xvid n mp4 files from the microsd card with srt support... How has that fared so far on this app... Not heavy mp4s, 720p max!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Great work you guys, I just hope Microsoft reciprocates by making more of the WP OS available to you developers! I dream the day of being able to just click on a video link on the browser and have a prompt asking me which player I'd like to use... AND ... to move around video files in the phone effortlessly (via file manager). sigh ...

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I am currently running the Beta. Does the Beta also support the Pictures\Camera Roll copy feature? I copied a video and it wasn't visible in MoliPlayer. If not, please include this functionality in the Beta as well. Saves a lot of time than transferring huge videos via WiFi. And kudos for a great app. Hope to see even more updates and new features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro