MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

rudironsoni

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
What you did to have acess to the capability "ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO_FULL" on your app?

Did Nokia or Microsoft released any special permission for you?
Not even Whatsapp have this feature and you don't want to share what you did.

We don't want to create a app to steal your idea, we want to improve Windows Phone 8 apps quality (like acessing videos from camera roll).
Why this atitude?

@ray-adams, what do you think about it?

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
MoliPlayer Pro is updated to version 1.1.0.4 with more languages and language specific features:

French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish localization were added to the most recent update. Embedded subtitles in a MKV movie as well as full charset support for external subtitles are also available.

- Performance tuning of 1080p MKV playback
- Pass-code protection
- FF/REW by gesture
- Better organization of folders
- Delete video and music files in phone memory and SD card.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.png
    1.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 2

feal87

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the new version, now subtitles work almost perfectly and 1080p reproduction works without slowdowns as far as I tested. I bought the app without any doubts now.

How long for MKV 10bit support? With that we would get the BEST video player indeed. :D

EDIT: Just tried a couple of 10bit videos and they seem to work fine. Did you fix them as well?

Last edited:

Kryakus

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
New version have 1080p playback performance almost on yxplayer level - good work!

But...why can't I turn off embedded subtitles? Is this some kind of "joke" from developers? The absence of this option is hilariously ridiculous. I know that you gonna add it in later version, but how can you add support for embedded subtitles WITHOUT option to switch 'em off? Isn't it logical?

p.s. Bought the full version, no regrets ;)

Ezio Auditore 1

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
i bought this player

my lumia 520 has many lag with 1080p mp4
but windows phone's player played that file very smooth

also moliplayer played mkv 1080p smoothly

plz fix mp4 1080p

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I love MOLI alot!!!
BUT i dont like the set of 6 icons used for play, pause etc!! and they are way too big!!
they dont feel like METRO UI!!
PLEASE WORK ON THAT!!!
The app is going better with every update!!

I disagree. Forget Metro. The buttons are excellent the way they are. The ones in the stock player and many others are too small and now with the addition of gesture controlled FF/RW it's great.

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
First let me say I don't watch videos much at all and I realize this app is mainly for video playback. I have been searching for over a year for a good MP3 player with controls that are easy to use while driving and that is how I've been using and testing this. With this update and the addition of gesture control for FF/RW this app is now almost 100% perfect. The things I like are it's landscape,separate control for FF/RW and Next/Back, Ability to play files from my SD card that are in the Music Hub. The only issues I still have are it does not play under the lock screen or when you navigate away from the app and it still uses the battery up really quick on my L820. 40% in 1.5hrs just playing MP3. These dev's are really doing a good job.

Suggestion: For people like me strip out or disable the Video playback feature and make this a .99 stand alone music player app or Maybe have the ability to enable the video features with an in app purchase or something for those that want those features. Allow playback in the background so I can use this to listen to music/Audio while using my GPS and other apps while driving. keep working on battery drain. have an option to disable the lock screen.

Excellent app!

dino73n

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Subtitle encoding for central european languages does not working at all but trick with changing chartset to utf-8 still works.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
What you did to have acess to the capability "ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO_FULL" on your app?

Did Nokia or Microsoft released any special permission for you?
Not even Whatsapp have this feature and you don't want to share what you did.

We don't want to create a app to steal your idea, we want to improve Windows Phone 8 apps quality (like acessing videos from camera roll).
Why this atitude?

@ray-adams, what do you think about it?

You could tell me that you are not willing to talk when I first sent you PM. I did not ask you to share anything, that was a slime question on which you did not answered. Neither you answered in you post in this thread.

Forget about me and all my posts. Do not wanna talk about it anymore.

Yesterday, Nokia announced the launch of its flagship Lumia 1520 in the China market and, at the same time, the array of partners that support the launch. Please see this picture taken at the launch event http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/939404c8jw1eatuu6zkn3j21jk15ogzp.jpg. You can find the tiny MoliPlayer logo at the far right corners. Hope this answers your questions, which we could not have done before they announced it. We are sorry if there was misunderstanding.

We have somewhat popular media player apps on both iOS & Android and worked our butts off to get it running on WP. The sole purpose is to provide value to our users. If there is anyway we can support fellow developers, we'd love to do that as well. As a new comer to this platform, however, we know we have to, more often than not, rely on the help from you guys. Thanks in advance.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Subtitle encoding for central european languages does not working at all but trick with changing chartset to utf-8 still works.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

can anyone please provide us with a problematic subtitles file for testing? thanks in advance.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the player (lumia 520), functionality is great but I couldn't help but notice a giant drain on the battery in the 2 or 3 minutes i ran the video, is that common ?

dino73n

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Here is a proper subtitle displaying,pay attention on a second and a fourth words in a second row
wp_ss_20131123_0001.png.
Here is a false encoded,first,fourth and last words.
wp_ss_20131123_0002.png

First picture is trick with UTF-8,second picture is a regular subtitle file with subtitle encoding set to english but if encoding is set to Croatian,Serbian of Bosnian(I am Bosnian but Croatian and Serbian are basically the same language as Bosnian) subtitle will not show up at all.

Subtitle file is in the attachment.

Attachments

• 163844-safehaven_2013_brripxvidetrg.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

myhlivecom

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi mushuksan,

I have upgraded my Moliplayer Pro from the previous version to 1.1.0.4 version. After that, the app can't show .srt subtitles anymore. The video files I played are .mp4 format and placed in Camera Roll folder (.srt files too). But the previous version can show them! Is this a bug in 1.1.0.4?

myhlivecom

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi mushuksan,

I have upgraded my Moliplayer Pro from the previous version to 1.1.0.4 version. After that, the app can't show .srt subtitles anymore. The video files I played are .mp4 format and placed in Camera Roll folder (.srt files too). But the previous version can show them! Is this a bug in 1.1.0.4?

I find a workaround: 1. go to Moliplayer Pro/Settings/Subtitles text encoding, 2. Change "English (United State)" to "English."
I don't know what differences are between the two text encodings. However, I suggest that mushuksan shall solve this problem, because not all users would like to spend time on finding a workaround. They usually use the default settings. If the app with default settings can't run correctly in most cases, some users give up the app directly.

myhlivecom

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. Forget Metro. The buttons are excellent the way they are. The ones in the stock player and many others are too small and now with the addition of gesture controlled FF/RW it's great.

I also like the buttons size. Could mtshuksan provide a button to change subtitles if the video has multiple subtitles. I suggest to use a drop down list or a list for selecting one of subtitles. Furthermore, please provide a list item called "none." It means "turn off subtitle display."

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I find a workaround: 1. go to Moliplayer Pro/Settings/Subtitles text encoding, 2. Change "English (United State)" to "English."
I don't know what differences are between the two text encodings. However, I suggest that mushuksan shall solve this problem, because not all users would like to spend time on finding a workaround. They usually use the default settings. If the app with default settings can't run correctly in most cases, some users give up the app directly.

That saved me a chunk of time. Had problem loading subtitles before. Now it's fine!
Thank you :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss