MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
He already answered, he's a Nokia partner in China. That's how he got access to OEM level API.
I'm leaning on the idea that all these rights will be provided to all developers in Windows Phone 8.1 in spring 2014.

are you sure that all the developers will get access to oem level api in Windows phone 8.1?

feal87

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I think he didn't mean OEM leve api instead he is talking about the video picker api.

Yep, video picker API and proper write/read access to SD Card are very likely to be included. I don't think anything else low-level (like registry editing and stuff) is going to be exposed.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I just want add some bug(not actually bug, just wrong translation)
1. when want add folder from SDCard, there is non english language appear before the confirmation.
2. when I play movie with subtitle for the first time, subtitle didn't appear. After change the subtitle language from my default language to English subtitle come up.

720p videos run smoothly in my lumia 720
1020p videos lag a bit(actually delay from voice and movie, not lag) (I don't complain too much about this because limited phone hardware)
but I hope there are some improvement in here :)

thanks for making this great player on windowsphone :)

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I just want add some bug(not actually bug, just wrong translation)
1. when want add folder from SDCard, there is non english language appear before the confirmation.
2. when I play movie with subtitle for the first time, subtitle didn't appear. After change the subtitle language from my default language to English subtitle come up.

720p videos run smoothly in my lumia 720
1020p videos lag a bit(actually delay from voice and movie, not lag) (I don't complain too much about this because limited phone hardware)
but I hope there are some improvement in here :)

thanks for making this great player on windowsphone :)
Both of the issues will be fixed in the coming update.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
We are running a preview program for selected paying users who can take a sneak preview before an update is available in the store.

Please PM the following info:
1. Microsoft ID
2. Proof of purchase (screen shot of confirmation email)

The latest version already supports playback of lossless music in background, dual-audio mkv & DLNA/uPnP.

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
We are running a preview program for selected paying users who can take a sneak preview before an update is available in the store.

1. Microsoft ID

The latest version already supports playback of lossless music in background, dual-audio mkv & DLNA/uPnP.

will it supports playing .mp3 files in background? Btw when is the next update is going to be available?

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
will it supports playing .mp3 files in background? Btw when is the next update is going to be available?

Yes, any music formats can be played with screen locked or in background.

Moli Team is fully aware that there is much room for improvements and is running on full cylinders to get the new update out as soon as possible.

rafimd2

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
hi iam useing this app last 10days it's cool and exlent but how to buy? idon't have credit card i have only debit card and internet banking is there any way to buy this app? when iam try to buying this app my debit card not accepted on windows store geting error "Authorization fails " iam live in india

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, any music formats can be played with screen locked or in background.

Moli Team is fully aware that there is much room for improvements and is running on full cylinders to get the new update out as soon as possible.

This is false. I had been on the Beta and then the trial. The one feature I have been waiting for was the playback in the background and under the lockscreen. Base on this post by the developer I just purchased this app and tested the background playback. and it does not work. As soon as I lock the screen the playback stops. I see no setting for it so is there something else I need to do? If not then I hope this is adressed in the next update as now that I actually bought the app based on the Dev's comment I am a little annoyed.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

1. Microsoft ID

This is false. I had been on the Beta and then the trial. The one feature I have been waiting for was the playback in the background and under the lockscreen. Base on this post by the developer I just purchased this app and tested the background playback. and it does not work. As soon as I lock the screen the playback stops. I see no setting for it so is there something else I need to do? If not then I hope this is adressed in the next update as now that I actually bought the app based on the Dev's comment I am a little annoyed.

There might be some confusion here. If you look at the above two posts, I was trying to answer vinrulez's question regarding the preview version. I did not say background playback is available in the current version in the store, although I should have mentioned the preview version. I am sorry about the confusion. If you can PM me your MS I'd and proof of purchase, we'd happy to include you in the preview program

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
@mtshuksan,im sure with the next update this app will fly high,all the very best for the moli team;but wp users are requesting to lower the price to half (atleast for one month).i think then more users will buy this product..

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyway,are you(moli team)planning any other apps for windows phone (other than moli player)?? It will be great if moli team develop some FILE MANAGER for windows phone.(im asking this,because you r the only dev who is not bound to any windows phone restrictions)

myhlivecom

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi mtshuksan,

I have two feature requests. Please support them as possible. Thanks.
1. I feel the subtitle display position is too high. Could provide an option to move the subtitle to the bottom of the screen?
2. Could MoliPlayer support to display music lyrics (e.g. LRC format lyrics) in the future? Please also provide an option to change the size of the displayed lyrics text.

Friend, if you like my suggestions, please give me a like. Thanks.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I've sent my MS id and purchase message screenshot to ur mail 9 hrs ago. I didn't get any reply so far. Please include me in preview programme... Thank you..

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for including me in moliplayer pro preview programme. Downloaded the latest update. Newly added features are working smoothly. Background playback of music is nice. Dual audio playback is smooth and clean.. Subtitle font resizing option is also good.
Here is my suggestions...
1. It would be very nice, if there is an option for adding all files in a folder(including the files in the subfolders) while adding a folder into "folder" section of the player. Now, it shows the files in the parent folder only. We have to add each subfolders separately...
2. I don't know what is the order of playing files in a folder. It would be great- if the files are played in the sorted order
3. Add a 'random' sort option- will be useful in music playback.
4. After exiting the player ( after selecting songs- to be played in the background), if we click the music panel on th top of the screen, it goes to the player's homepage. It makes difficulties for reaching to the 'now playing' song. It would be nice,if it goes to the player screen itself.
5. While playing a song, if we pressed the back button and try to select another file, it takes a lot of time to play that song.
6. If we select "all music" to be played in the background, next/ previous buttons are not working in the music panel on the top of the screen.
These are the things that came into my mind first. Hope you consider these suggestions while updating the app... Thanks again..

Last edited:

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Suggestion: add a Browser to the app to make it possible for it to download videos and play them back. The necessity to transfer video files from a PC is a hindrance.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
3 ????.png4 ????.png
MoliPlayer Pro is updated to version 1.2.0.5:
What's new:
1. [added] Browsing & playback of videos and audios stored on a PC/NAS/Wireless HD through uPnP/DLNA
2. [added] Music playback in background or with screen locked.
3. [added] Dual-audio mkv playback
4. [added] File list sorted by recently watched
5. [added] Refreshing of file list & newly added files
6. [added] WiFi connection URL can be copied
7. [added] Font size selection for subtitles
8. [added] WiFi transfer to a folder on SD card
9. [added] Displaying or hiding all video & all music

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member