MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
When opening moliplayer it shows 'Loading'(no issues,coz after the new update now its taking very little time for loading),but it would be nice if it shows the 'logo of moliplayer' instead of 'Loading'.. :)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
hi,

I have 2 DLNA devices on my network like WD My Cloud and WDTV and I cant see my DLNA devices in the player.

Could you please help?

I'm using a 920 with GDR3

Regards,

FearL0rd

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just transfered a movie file from my laptop to my phone using wifi. The movie has black bars/letterbox and it is to painful to watch with this black bars. Tapping the full-screen mode will fill the screen however the left and right part of the movies cannot be seen.

Last edited:

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my review. Playing a 1080p .mp4 movie using native/default video player is very smooth while Moliplayer plays it horribly lag or it suffers from stuttering with HW decoder. Moliplayer should be able to play .mp4 smoothly with HW decoder though SW can play it smooth, it shouldn't be that way. SW decoder should only be use if the file is not supported by the Native/Default video player or Moliplayer. If the Native/Default video player can play a 1080p .mp4, Moliplayer should play it well with HW decoder.

I am satisfied on how SW decoder plays my .mkv, and .flv smoothly.

My only concern is why the Moliplayer cannot play 1080p .mp4 smoothly while the native/default video player can play it well?

The movie file I have tested with is Elysium.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY it is the movie featured in this article Moliplayer Pro - play any video file on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
My Phone is Lumia 920.

Thanks!

Last edited:

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my review. Playing a 1080p .mp4 movie using native/default video player is very smooth while Moliplayer plays it horribly lag or it suffers from stuttering with HW decoder. Moliplayer should be able to play .mp4 smoothly with HW decoder though SW can play it smooth, it shouldn't be that way. SW decoder should only be use if the file is not supported by the Native/Default video player or Moliplayer. If the Native/Default video player can play a 1080 .mp4, Moliplayer should play it well.

The movie file I have tested with is Elysium.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY it is the movie featured in this article Moliplayer Pro - play any video file on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
My Phone is Lumia 920.

Thanks!

i think there is no need of HW decoder,it could lead to many confusion,pls remove it moliplayer.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
i think there is no need of HW decoder,it could lead to many confusion,pls remove it moliplayer.

It is actually necessary. HW decoder will only play what are phone natively supports like .mp4, .avi, .3gp, .mov, and .wmv while the SW decoder will play other file format like .mkv and .flv.

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
It is actually necessary. HW decoder will only play what are phone natively supports like .mp4, .avi, .3gp, .mov, and .wmv while the SW decoder will play other file format like .mkv and .flv.

no,sw decoder can play any format including mp4,avi,3gp,wmv and also mkv and flv,i checked it.
i think,by removing the HW decoder,we can reduce the size of moliplayer,increasing the smoothness,ram consumption can be decreased,initial start up time can be minimized.... Etc

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
To mtshuksan,
when using pinch to zoom or while making the video to full screen,the left and right part/end of the video cannot be seen.pls introduce a fit to width or fit to screen option.

StephCG

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
Can someone tell me how do I load .SRT subtitles?
I've chosen at the video's subtitles options to load .srt.
Also, the .srt file has the same name of the video and it is in the same folder.
Still, it does not work.
Thx!!!

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
Can someone tell me how do I load .SRT subtitles?
I've chosen at the video's subtitles options to load .srt.
Also, the .srt file has the same name of the video and it is in the same folder.
Still, it does not work.
Thx!!!

Try the following: go "More" - "Settings" - and change "Subtitles text encoding" to "English" ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99